Chapter 41
1.4k 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After some time, the mercenaries reduced their speed. Firstly, it was safer to travel cautiously, and secondly, the members of 'Thousand Medicinal House' were tired. 

From time to time, they glanced towards the delicate white-clothed Fairy Doctor. Especially after looking at her current appearance, they wished to carry her. 

Xiao Xi Yian took out a small piece of cloth and wiped off the sweat on her forehead. She was used to such scenes and ignored their gazes. 

She curiously glanced around; her eyes lit up after seeing the hidden mark, yet her face remained the same. Xiao Xi Yian tilted her head and looked at the mercenaries. 

Her gaze stopped at Xiao Ning, who wore a white fox mask. She noticed it early that he was different from others. From the start, he had not interacted with anyone else. Moreover, he quickly defeated the magical beast with his bare hands.

'He looks familiar,' she muttered in her heart. Suddenly, Xiao Ning's words appeared in her mind, 'Miss Xi Yian, we will meet again,' but she shook her head. 

'How can this white-fox be Xiao Ning?' She asked herself. As a physician, she is more sensitive and felt two different aura's on them. If Xiao Ning's aura is like a bright flame, then the white fox's aura is as cold as ice. 

......

The journey continued, and Xiao Ning felt speechless after seeing many mercenaries getting tired and huffing for breath. This sight helped him realize the importance of laying a solid foundation. 

So as not to appear different from others, he also reduced his pace of walking, but thanks to the mask, no one could see his face. Otherwise, his indifferent face would have surprised them. 

During this time, a few groups of magical beasts attacked them. Xiao Ning and nine others were the first ones to bear the burn. 

Luckily, he solved the beasts quickly and helped the rest. Otherwise, due to exhaustion, they would have been seriously injured if not dead. 

These sudden attacks helped Xiao Ning sharpen his battle sense, and at the same time, it made others realized that even after overestimating his strength, they had underestimated Xiao Ning. 

......

Xiao Xi Yian looked at them and said, "Everyone, please rest for a while; we are already near the herb site." Even she could see that it would be dangerous to continue in this condition. 

Everyone stopped after hearing her soft voice, and they nodded after seeing her beautiful face. 

"Fairy Doctor is so kind." 

"Whoever marries her would be blessed." 

One after another, people started praising her. 

The group collectively stopped and sat down on the spot and sent a few people to explore nearby. The rest started recovering the strength they had consumed during the journey. 

Xiao Ning leaned against a tree, and from time to time, he glanced at Xiao Xi Yian. Thanks to the superior nature of 'Battle Budha Art,' he did not consume much Dou Qi. 

"Can I sit next to you?" After a few moments, as Xiao Ning's eyelids drooped, he heard a soft voice. Startled, he raised his eyes and saw Xiao Xi Yian standing in front of him. 

"Sure." Xiao Ning nodded and spoke indifferently. 

Xiao Xi Yian didn't seem to mind his tone and sat beside him. She carefully looked at him and asked, " Mister Fox, are you also interested in medical herbs?" 

Beneath the mask, Xiao Ning's face twitched after hearing 'Mister Fox.' He casually asked, "Why do you think so?" Her words piqued his curiosity. 

Xiao Xi Yian smiled; she said, "With your age and strength, thousand gold coins should not attract your attention and let alone five hundred gold coins. Am I right. Mister Fox?" 

Xiao Ning chuckled and nodded. Her smile widened, and two dimples appeared on her face. She spoke softly, "Mister Fox, are you interested in making a deal?" 

'Does she wants to cooperate with me to enter that cave?' Xiao Ning's eyes flashed, and he said, "How can I say no to the Fairy Doctor." 

She seemed surprised after listening to his reply; Xiao Xi Yian slightly leaned towards him and whispered in his ear, "After the sun set's meet me near the cliff on the south." 

Even with his mental fortitude, Xiao Ning's eyes were sluggish for a moment. He recovered the next second and nodded, "Okay." 

At the same, the other mercenaries looked at Xiao Ning in shock. It was the first time they had seen Fairy Doctor taking initiative to get closer to the opposite gender. Some were envious, and others showed hostility towards Xiao Ning. 

'How dare she?' The young master of the 'Wolf Head Company' thought and a murderous intention appeared in his eyes. He gestured one of his subordinates to come closer and whispered in his ear. 

How sharp was Xiao Ning's current mental strength? He instantly detected the killing intent, and a sneer appeared on his face. 'It is getting more interesting,' he thought. 

......

After a while, Xiao Ning stood up and strolled towards the densely forested area in the south. No one dared to stop him; everyone was clear about his strength. Except for the young master of the Wolf Head Company, no one else noticed that Fairy Doctor also disappeared. 

His eyes flashed; he gestured one of the people from his group to follow her. 

......

On the other side, Xiao Ning crossed through the dense forest, and unknowingly his surrounding brightened. He looked up and saw the bright moon. After admiring it for a while, he walked forward towards the cliff she mentioned. 

"You came?" He heard a soft voice from behind. 

Xiao Ning turned around and said, "Why wouldn't I come?" 

Xiao Xi Yian giggled, "Okay, let's go." She walked towards the cliff, and he followed behind. 

She took out a rope with one end connected with a metal hook, but before she could throw it, Xiao Ning came from behind and said, "It is too slow this way." 

"Jump up," Xiao Ning stepped forward, bent down, and told her to climb on his back. Xiao Xi Yian's face turned red, and she hesitated.  

"Hurry up, don't delay," he said. Xiao Xi Yian gritted her teeth; she hopped on his back and wrapped her arms around his neck. 

Xiao Ning stood sluggish for a moment after feeling the softness on his hands and his back. 

"Mister Fox?" After seeing him stunned, Xiao Xi Yian called out. 

"Hold tight," Xiao Ning spoke calmly and jumped off the ground. 

19