Chapter 42
1.4k 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even without a movement dou technique, Xiao Ning's figure holding Xiao Xi Yian flashed up, and in no time, they reached the top of the cliff. 

Xiao Xi Yian hurridly got off his back, and there was a hint of red on her lovely face. 

From the top of the cliff, they could see a green mountain. Xiao Ning looked towards her and asked, "What now, Fairy Doctor?" 

After hearing his words, Xiao Xi Yian's previous embarrassment faded away. A trace of surprise flashed in her eyes after seeing his figure bathed in moonlight. The white-colored fox mask only added to his mysteriousness. 

"It..... It is below the cliff on the other side," Xiao Xi Yian spoke after recovering her composure. Two small red spots appeared on her cheeks, making her look like a fairy from the moon. 

Xiao Ning nodded, took out a rope, applied some strength, and checked its durability. After reassuring himself twice, he tied one end of the rope around the tree and the other to his waist. 

"Miss Fairy Doctor?" He felt strange after a few seconds of silence and called out. 

'Cough!' The next second, he felt a faint change in the surrounding air, and his eyes shrunk in shock. 

"You...." Xiao Ning felt his consciousness fading and his body getting heavier; soon, he fell to the ground. 

Xiao Xi Yian carefully collected the remaining powder in her hand and stored it in the package. She glanced at the unconscious man, bit her lips, and thought, 'I am sorry." 

She leaned forward, untied the rope from his waist, and tied it around her's. Xiao Xi Yian walked to the edge of the cliff and jumped off after hesitating for a moment. 

As the wind blew against her face, Xiao Xi Yian closed her eyes and withheld the urge to scream. Soon, her body was suspended in the air with a thin rope in charge of her life.

After a long sigh, she stepped off the cliff wall, and with the help of the rope tied around her waist, Xiao Xi Yian reduced the distance between her and the cave. 

Soon, she neared the cave, and after mustering all of her confidence, she jumped onto the spot just outside the cave.

Xiao Xi Yian deeply exhaled, but before she could smile, she heard a hissing sound. Her body stiffened, and she vigilantly looked around. 

"Cliff Snake!" She blurted out. A grave expression appeared on her face, and with her 1-star Dou Practitioner strength, it would be nine deaths and one life. 

As Xiao Xi Yian prepared for a bitter struggle, she found that the cliff snake behaved strangely. She knew its characteristics and understood that there might be something terrifying nearby; otherwise, it would have attacked her already. 

"Miss Xi Yian, we meet again," she heard a soft voice from behind her. Xiao Xi Yian's body trembled after hearing this voice. She turned around; a shocked expression appeared on her face, and she asked, "How....how is it possible?

She saw Xiao Ning wearing the fox mask standing behind her. Xiao Xi Yian panicked, but before she could do something, he disappeared. 

'Iron Mountain Fist!' Xiao Ning appeared on the other side, clenched his fist, and punched on the cliff snake's skull. The cliff snake's head shattered, and blood splattered all around. 

"You..." This gruesome scene, coupled with bloodstains on Xiao Ning's white mask, frightened her. Xiao Xi Yian involuntarily took a few steps back in fear, and at the same time, a bag appeared in her hand. 

Her body was tense, and from the looks of it, if Xiao Ning took a step forward, she would throw the contents inside the small bag towards him.

Due to his sudden appearance, she failed to notice that Xiao Ning changed the way he called her from 'Fairy Doctor' to 'Miss Xi Yian.' 

After looking at her vigilant appearance, Xiao Ning became speechless. He did not continue to tease her and took off his mask. 

Xiao Xi Yian stood stunned after looking at his face, and a thought appeared in her mind, 'how can it be him?' She did not even notice that the small bag fell on the ground. Suddenly she remembered his words, 'Miss Xi Yian; we will meet again.' 

Xiao Ning shook his head and said, "Miss Xi Yian, is this the way you treat your acquaintance?" He referred to the fact that she tried to drug him. He slowly walked forward and stood a few centimeters away from her. 

Xiao Xi Yian awakened after feeling his breath on her face. Her face turned red, and she anxiously asked, "What are you doing?" 

"What do you think? Of course, to punish you," Xiao Ning smiled evilly, and before Xiao Xi Yian could react, she felt pain on her buttocks.

"You...." Xiao Xi Yian's face turned red with shame and anger. Without giving her a chance to react, he smacked her again. 

She lowered her head with a wronged expression on her face; tears appeared in her eyes. Yet, this scene did not melt Xiao Ning's heart. 

If it were not for his vigilance, she would have succeeded in drugging him, and the result would have been dangerous. In comparison, Xiao Ning showed mercy. 

He glanced around, picked a few thin pieces of wood, tied them together, and ignited a flame. 

A dim yellow flame brightened the surroundings; he handed it over to her and said, "Follow me." 

Xiao Ning looked at the rocks and blocks of wood covering up the entrance, clenched his fist, and threw a punch. Xiao Xi Yian, who stood beside him, covered her mouth in shock after seeing a single knock, blowing off everything. 

The entrance was not big, and only two or three people could enter at the same time. They looked towards each other; their eyes connected, and both could see the excitement in each other's eyes. 

The both of them carried a torch in their hands and entered the cave. Even though Xiao Ning walked in the front, his vigilance did not decrease. If she made any funny movement, he would decisively deal with her. 

18