Chapter 45
1.3k 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Ning hurriedly took the flame back; he was afraid that it might cause the stone room to collapse. 

While he managed to secure the room, still, everything in front of him turned into ashes. Gold coins, jewels, and the remaining herbs everything disappeared like it never existed in the first place. 

The only things left were the owner's skeleton and the three boxes on the stone table. 

Fortunately, Xiao Ning took back the flame in time; otherwise, he would have lost any chance of obtaining the treasure locked inside the third box. 

He wiped off the sweat on his forehead and thought, 'I have to be more careful next time.' 

Xiao Ning said softly, "How long are you going to keep hugging me?" Even though he enjoyed the softness pressed against his back, still, it was neither the time nor the place to indulge in such activities. 

Xiao Xi Yian was startled; she opened her eyes and panicked after looking at her actions. She herself didn't even realize when did she wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged Xiao Ning from behind.

Like a bolt of lightning, she quickly let go of him and distanced herself. Xiao Xi Yian lowered her head in shame and thought, 'How did that happen?' Her face turned bright red as a tomato, and her bright eyes became misty. 

It was the first time she had such intimate contact with the opposite gender. Presently, Xiao Xi Yian was not the 'Poison Queen,' she was still the naive and kind 'Fairy Doctor.' 

Xiao Ning was taken aback after seeing her condition; he sighed and went over to comfort her. After a few moments, her mood stabilized, and they both looked towards the last box. 

Xiao Xi Yian thought, 'His strength is more amazing than I imagined.' After she closed her eyes, in a matter of seconds, he resolved everything. 

Her eyes flickered as she stared at the young man, 'He is not that bad.' "Huh! what am I thinking." After seeing that he did not notice, she took a deep breath and forced herself to calm down. 

......

Xiao Ning did not notice Xiao Xi Yian's strangeness; his whole attention was on the last box. He took out the keys from his storage ring and unlocked the stone box. 

'Click!' After hearing the sound, Xiao Xi Yian also curiously trotted over to look. 

Xiao Ning took a deep breath, suppressed his excitement, and lifted the lid off. A frown appeared on his face after seeing the contents inside. 

"A jade bottle?" Even Xiao Xi Yian pouted. 

Xiao Ning shook his head in disappointment; still, he reached out, grabbed the jade bottle, and randomly tossed it into his storage ring. 

Soon, they walked out of the stone room and returned to the cave's entrance. As Xiao Ning was about to climb up, Xiao Xi Yian stopped him and said, "I am afraid, Mu Li's men have cut the rope." 

He nodded, glanced downwards towards the forest, and thought, 'If the worst comes,  I will practice the 'Flying Dou Technique' here itself.' 

Xiao Xi Yian bit her lips, and after hesitating for a while, she spoke, "If you trust me, I have a way to leave this place." 

Xiao Ning knew the method she was talking about, but he hesitated because, in that case, he would be at her mercy. In the end, he agreed after seeing her honest eyes. 

Xiao Xi Yian smiled sweetly and took out a small bamboo flute from her bosom; she placed it near her mouth and blew it.

The sound from the bamboo flute spread across the mountain and the forest. 

'Screech!' Soon, a sharp cry sounded in response, and a huge figure appeared in their vision. 

A first-rank blue eagle rushed forward, and under Xiao Ning's surprised eyes, it floated in front of them. 

"Let's go!" She urged. Xiao Ning nodded; he wrapped his hand around her waist, jumped off the cliff, and landed on the eagle's back. 

Xiao Xi Yian stroked the eagle's feathers and said, "Hurry up, Xiao Lan." The eagle gave a soft cry, flapped its wings, and flew in the air. 

Before the mercenaries on the top could react, they saw a huge eagle rushing out of the cave's entrance. 

As the eagle flew, Xiao Ning gazed at the beautiful scenery downward and was amazed by it. 

......

Under the moonlight, Xiao Ning's face appeared more handsome. She couldn't remove her gaze from him. Xiao Xi Yian's face turned red, and her heart started pounding. 

"Huh?" Xiao Ning turned his face and looked back at her in confusion. "Is something wrong?" 

His sudden actions rattled her, and Xiao Xi Yian decisively shook her head, "No, everything is alright." 

He came closer, pressed his hand on her forehead, and muttered, "She doesn't seem to be sick." 

"Hey, why is your face getting red?" As Xiao Ning said this, she pushed him away and turned around. Xiao Xi Yian didn't dare to look at him again. They did not speak for the rest of the journey.

After a while, Xiao Xi Yian bit her lips and said, "What do you plan to do now?" 

"What do you think? Of course, I am going to return to Qingshan Town." Xiao Ning sneered and replied. A murderous intention flashed in his eyes. 

Xiao Xi Yian was stunned after hearing this, and a trace of worry appeared in her eyes. Seeing her reaction, he shook his head and did not explain. 

Xiao Ning's strength can not be determined by normal means; although he is a 2-star Dou Master; still, killing a 4-star Dou Master was not a problem.

Soon, they crossed the mountain and reached the area where the rest of the mercenaries camped. Xiao Xi Yian was about to signal her pet to land, but before that, Xiao Ning hugged her waist and jumped off the eagle. 

'Ah!' Xiao Xi Yian screamed and, in panic, buried her face on his chest. Xiao Ning's skin turned golden, and a Dou Qi cloak enveloped him. 

'Thud!' With a thumping sound, Xiao Ning's feet steadily touched the ground. Before he could react, Xiao Xi Yian glared at him, and to take revenge; she fiercely bit on his shoulder. 

Xiao Ning speechlessly looked at her fierce face and said, "Oye, are you a dog?" After hearing his words, Xiao Xi Yian returned to her senses and quickly got away from him. 

'Ah! What did I just do?' Xiao Xi Yian's face turned tomato red. "I am returning to my tent." After speaking, she decisively walked away without looking back. 

Xiao Ning shook his head and did not think much about it. His gaze landed on the distant tents, and a chill appeared in his eyes. It was where the remaining members of the Wolf Head Company stayed. 

His figure disappeared in the darkness, and soon a bloodbath began. In a few moments, he silently killed more than twenty members. 

Finally, Xiao Ning chose an empty tent and decided to rest for a few hours. After entering, he took out the jade bottle he grabbed from the third stone box. 

Xiao Ning removed the cap and carefully gazed at the drop of liquid inside. His hands trembled with excitement as he recognized it. 'Geocentric Cleansing Milk,' Xiao Ning muttered as he looked at the single drop with a heated gaze. 

19