Chapter 53
1.2k 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Thud’ Gan Mu died instantly, and Xiao Ning threw his corpse on the ground. Afterward, he turned around, looked towards Xiao Xi Yian, and asked, “Are you alright.”

Xiao Xi Yian pounced into his embrace and spoke in a soft voice, “Thank you.” She never expected Xiao Ning would notice her disappearance, much less save her.

Xiao Ning quietly hugged her back and did not speak. He didn’t dare to imagine the consequences if he arrived a few seconds later.

The next second, Xiao Ning heard a whimper and noticed Xiao Xi Yian sobbing in his embrace. He tightened his grip around her waist and let her vent.

After a while, he lifted Xiao Xi Yian’s head, wiped off her tears, and said, “It’s time to leave.” A wry smile appeared on his face.

“Un!” Xiao Xi Yian nodded in a soft voice and got out of his embrace. Her eyes twinkled with unusual light, and Xiao Ning’s figure imprinted in her mind.

Suddenly, his expression changed; Xiao Ning heard footsteps approaching. A bitter smile formed on his face. If alone, Xiao Ning was least afraid of getting surrounded but at present, he was not only injured, but he also had to protect Xiao Xi Yian.

He sensed over twenty people outside the room. Xiao Ning glanced towards Xiao Xi Yian, and a crafty light flashed in his eyes. He asked, “do you still have that powder?”

The Fairy Doctor nodded with no hesitation; she took out a small bag and threw it towards Xiao Ning. Even without him saying anything, she understood what Xiao Ning was going to do.

He grinned and caught the bag. Xiao Ning came near the window, slowly opened it without making a sound. He cautiously opened the bag and blew its content outside the window.

Luck leaned towards Xiao Ning; a wind blew and spread the white powder. All they had to do now was wait.

Soon, they heard a few voices from outside the room.

“Hey, isn’t this Second Company Leader Gan Mu’s room?” One guard asked.

“Are you sure that you heard a scream from inside? Maybe, it is not what we imagined?” Another one spoke with a lewd smile.

‘Knock!’ The leader shook his head; he came forward, knocked on the door, and spoke loudly, “Second Boss, is everything alright?” After that, he patiently waited outside. No one dared to enter the room without permission.

......

After hearing the noise from outside, Xiao Xi Yian came next to Xiao Ning and asked softly, “What now?” While she was confident in her poison, still, her face was full of worry.

Xiao Ning smiled and said, “Wait.” After that, he turned his head and peeked outside through the small opening in the window.

......

After a while, the leader became suspicious, and he spoke again, “Boss Gan Mu?” He waved his hand and gestured the rest to follow his lead.

At this moment, one of them fell to the ground, and others panicked.

“What is happening?” One mercenary shouted.

“I am feeling dizzy.” Another panicked.

Seeing this, the leader’s face became ugly, and a terrifying thought appeared in his mind, ‘The Second Leader is dead, and we walked straight into a trap.’ After thinking up to here, his ugly face became even more unpleasant.

“Break into the room,” he roared.

At this moment, the door slowly opened, and a golden figure flickered out of the room.

As the golden figure approached him, the leader felt an unprecedented sense of danger; his eyes shrunk in horror. He took out the blade, slashed forward, but to his shock, the golden figure stopped it bare-handed.

“No!” He screamed as a golden fist magnified into his eyes, and before he could react, he died.

Naturally, the golden figure was Xiao Ning. He patiently waited until the white powder started showing its effect.

The rest of the sluggish mercenaries could not recognize him, but this did not stop them from being scared. In their eyes, he was like an Angel of Death. Every time Xiao Ning’s figure flashed, one of them died.

Soon, Xiao Ning’s golden figure, covered in blood, proudly stood, surrounded by corpses. He looked towards the door and said, “Miss Xi Yian, you can come out.”

After hearing his voice, Fairy Doctor slowly stepped out; her body trembled slightly after looking at the corpses, but she recovered the next second.

A slight trace of worry flashed in her eyes after seeing Xiao Ning’s body covered in blood. She came near him; her soft hand touched his cheek and spoke in a soft voice, “Are you alright?” Xiao Xi Yian saw his injury and knew that it put a lot of strain on his body.

Xiao Ning smiled, and his skin returned to its original color. He shook his head, “Don’t worry; I am not that weak.”

Xiao Xi Yian nodded; she no longer thought about it and took out the flute from her pocket. Before she could play it, Xiao Ning stopped her.

“One person is still left,” Xiao Ning grinned.

After listening to him, Xiao Xi Yian put away her flute and asked in confusion, “Who?”

A chill flashed in his eyes, and Xiao Ning coldly uttered, “Mu She!”

Xiao Xi Yian hurriedly spoke, “Xiao Ning, don’t be careless, you are injured, and Mu She is also a 2-star Dou Master.” She didn’t want him to take any further risk for her.

Xiao Ning shook his head; he stepped forward, came closer to her, hugged her waist with one hand, leaned forward, and pressed his lips on hers.

Xiao Xi Yian’s eyes widened in shock, and her mind became blank as he kissed her. Her adorable face became red, and she closed her eyes.

After a few moments, Xiao Ning released her and spoke gently, “Wait for me.”

“Un!” Xiao Xi Yian was so immersed in what had just happened that she did not notice him leaving. It seems as if Xiao Ning spoke with his actions, and a sweet smile formed on her face.

17