Chapter 77
858 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The little fairy doctor's eyes trembled, and she hummed. The next moment her pretty face turned red. For the next few minutes, they continued to maintain the same posture. 

After a while, Xiao Ning shook his head helplessly and lightly tapped her buttocks, and said, "We are leaving today." 

After hearing this, Xi Yian stopped acting like a kid, got out of his embrace, and trotted away. She swiftly entered her straw hut and started hurriedly gathered her stuff. 

A wry smile appeared on his face after seeing her walking away hastily. Xiao Ning also did not linger, stood up, and patted away the dust on his clothes. 

He walked in the opposite direction to take one last look and gather valuable herbs. After knowing the terrifying secret of this ordinary-looking valley, Xiao Ning didn't want to let go of this one-time opportunity. 

This time, he slowly but thoroughly checked the valley and found some precious herbs which he had missed the last time. 

Xiao Ning looked at the herbs in his storage ring, and two small stars appeared in his eyes. 

"Fortunately, I cleared the trial; otherwise, I would have missed this opportunity." Xiao Ning was sure that these precious herbs were not present earlier. 

'I will examine the valley again in the future when my strength rises,' he thought to himself. Xiao Ning turned his head, glanced back for an instant, and walked away. 

'This world is far more mysterious than I had previously imagined,' Xiao Ning was lost in his thoughts as he stepped forward. 

According to his previous life memory, there shouldn't be a being stronger than 9-star Dou Saint; yet, he himself saw a Dou God. Even though the mysterious Dou God was severely injured; still, the latter was the strongest individual on the continent. 

"I cannot solely rely on my past memory. My existence itself is the biggest variable." 

"It seems that I must cultivate a power belonging to me," Xiao Ning muttered. He knew the truth that a single person's time and energy are limited. 

He intended to invest all of his time in cultivation and couldn't be bothered by other matters. 

The next instant, Xiao Ning's head hurt, and a bitter smile formed on his face. To train a force of his own would consume astronomical resources. Moreover, he also needs to select trustworthy people. 

Fortunately, as an alchemist, the last thing Xiao Ning would lack is resources. His only concern is to find people who fit the definition of a good subordinate. 

After a while, Xiao Ning's eyes shined, and a jade fragment appeared in his hand. He gently stroked it and thought, 'It seems that I can only start from the Xiao Clan.' 

This jade fragment in Xiao Ning's possession represented Xiao Clan's Clan leader's position. Even after receiving it from the current clan leader Xiao Zhan, Xiao Ning had no interest in becoming the new leader of Xiao Clan. 

He only accepted it because this jade fragment was also one of the eight Tou She Ancient God's Jade pieces. 

Yet, now his mind moved in a different direction. Xiao Ning decided to take over the clan leader's position of the Xiao Clan. He could easily select some talented people and train them as his subordinates. 

As for Xiao Yan? He had special plans for the latter. 

......

Xiao Ning came outside Xi Yian's straw hut and called out in a gentle voice, "Are you ready?" 

'Creak!' As he spoke, the door opened, and Xi Yian, who wore a white dress, stepped out of the house. 

After seeing her, Xiao Ning's eyes lit up; he grinned, took a big step forward, and hugged her. 

A pair of golden wings spread out on his back; he picked her up and flew into the sky. 

'Ah!' Xiao Ning's sudden actions made her cry out in surprise. Xi Yian crossed her arms around his neck and firmly hugged the latter. 

She raised her head, softly blew in Xiao Ning's ear, and hummed. 

Xiao Ning almost couldn't stand the temptation; his figure trembled, and they nearly fell from the sky. Fortunately, his willpower had increased by several times. 

After a while, the tension between them faded away, and the rest of the journey went smoothly. 

It may be due to an increase in Xiao Ning's strength or the faint dragon's might on his body that no beast appeared on their way back. 

Soon, they crossed the outer circle of the Magic Beast mountain range and saw the familiar Qingshan town. 

The two landed near the entrance of the town and slowly walked towards the city's gate. 

As they walked forward, the guards patrolling around noticed them and stopped in their tracks. Even though Xiao Ning's appearance and temperament were different from before, still, some people recognized him. 

On the other hand, no one not recognized Xi Yian. 

The guards stepped forward, bowed slightly, and greeted Xi Yian, "Little Fairy Doctor." Their faces were sincere; after all, this was their life benefactor. 

The guards peeked at Xiao Ning, whispered among themselves, and their bodies trembled. Certainly, they recognized the plague god who had stirred the entire Qingshan town. 

Moreover, the guards' bodies trembled in fear as if an ominous beast stared at them instead of a young man. They hurriedly bowed down and greeted Xiao Ning, "Young master." 

Xiao Ning nodded, waved his hand, and told them to get back to their positions. Even though he doesn't hold any official position still the guards didn't dare to defy his orders. 

Xiao Ning gently held Xi Yian's hand and entered the town. They leisurely strolled around for a while before finding a place to eat. While they didn't stay for a long time in the valley, but it was not short either. 

It took them a few minutes to adjust to the liveliness of the town. After eating, Xiao Ning decided to hire a carriage for the next part of their journey. 

Even though he could carry Xi Yian and fly all the way to their destination; still, he preferred the carriage. One, it would give them time to adjust. Secondly, Xiao Ning needed time to refine the red beads in his storage ring and ponder upon his Dou techniques. 

10