Chapter 85
933 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Ning shook his head and didn't continue to think about it anymore. He got up from the bed, freshened up, and wore a new set of clothes. 

A warm smile appeared on his face as he wore the new set of clothes. Xi Yian had chosen them for today's occasion. 

At this moment, Xi Yian also stopped her dou qi training and woke up. Happiness flashed in her eyes after she saw Xiao Ning. 

"Are you confident?" She asked in a soft voice. Xi Yian saw him refining the fourth-tier pill in the past. She also knew the pressure it placed on Xiao Ning as the latter fainted after refining the pill. 

Xiao Ning saw the concern and trace of worry in her eyes. He shook his head and laughed, "Have a little faith in your man." 

After a while, the duo left the room, had a light meal, and proceeded towards the alchemist association. 

Unlike yesterday, today, the streets were empty, and one could hear the sound of their footsteps. The two did not bother to think for its reason and enjoyed each other's company in silence. 

Alas! Good times never last for a long time. Soon they stopped outside the alchemist associations building. 

A wry expression appeared on their faces after seeing the crowd standing in a neat line outside the building waiting for entry. 

Xiao Ning immediately understood their arrangement and couldn't help but curse two old foxes in his heart. 

He took a deep breath, restored his calm, and spoke to Xi Yian beside him in a soft voice, "Let's go." 

A brutal, tyrannical aura burst out of Xiao Ning's body, and under his precise control, it avoided Xi Yian. 

The brutal and tyrannical murderous aura spread throughout the street. Among the people present, there were many strong presences; yet, even they were affected. 

Suddenly the noisy street became silent, and everyone stared at the source of this aura. Even the strongest Dou Grandmasters wiped off the sweat from their foreheads. 

Under everyone's gaze, Xiao Ning held Xi Yian's hand and slowly walked towards the building's entrance. 

Even if they were unwilling; still, the people stepped aside and cleared the path for Xiao Ning. 

Xiao Ning's dou qi aura contained a faint trace of dragon's might which gave people an illusion that a prehistoric beast was staring at them. 

......

After feeling the murderous aura in the surrounding, both Ao Tuo and Fu Lan Ke rushed out of the alchemist association, only to see Xiao Ning stepping forward like a Monarch. 

Both looked stunned and had the same helpless expression on their faces. Apart from standing still, what else could they do? 

Beat Xiao Ning? Or stop him from taking the fourth-tier test? 

People at their stage were not stupid. Moreover, they wouldn't turn their faces against Xiao Ning for such a small thing. 

The next moment, they put on a kind smile on their old faces and laughed loudly. 

Fu Lan Ke stepped forward and spoke, "Welcome, young friend Ning." 

Xiao Ning also smiled, cupped his hands, and greeted them, "Grandmaster Ao Tuo! President Fu Lan Ke." 

Fu Lan Ke laughed, and the four of them entered the building. Unlike yesterday, today's test won't be held in a small room; instead, they made all the arrangements in a small stadium.  

......

Xiao Ning and Xi Yian sat in one of the VIP rooms dedicated to hosting special guests of the association. They slowly sipped the tea and enjoyed the calm environment.

While Ao Tuo and Fu Lan Ke personally took care of everything. It took them a few hours to prepare everything. 

It can be said that after becoming a fourth-tier alchemist, the duo never did this kind of task. 

......

'Knock, knock!' Soon an attendant softly knocked on the door and said, "Young master Ning, the president is calling you." 

Xiao Ning calmly opened his eyes after hearing the voice from outside the door. 

He glanced at Xi Yian beside him, smiled, and said, "Let's go." The duo stood up and walked out of the room. 

Soon under the attendant's guidance, they walked out of the association building and headed towards the small stadium. 

As they entered, Xiao Ning and Xi Yian looked stunned after seeing the fully packed stadium. 

After seeing the excitement of the audience, Xiao Ning felt as if he was a rare animal in the zoo. 

There were black lines on his forehead, and he speechlessly glared at Ao Tuo and Fu Lan Ke. The two old men looked in the other direction and pretended to ignore Xiao Ning's gaze. 

Finally, Xiao Ning's gaze stopped at the first row; he saw a few familiar people sitting there. 

Xiao Ning's eyes flashed with a bright light after seeing the second-tier alchemist badge pinned on Xiao Yan's clothes.

......

Fu Lan Ke and Ao Tuo took turns and spoke for a while; before they called Xiao Ning on the stage. 

Xiao Ning felt that he still had a lot to learn. The two old foxes refreshed his views of the world. He meditated in his heart, 'Calm, Xiao Ning, calm down! You can't kill them.' 

He suppressed the urge to put his medicinal cauldron aside and fight with two old men. 

Finally, Xiao Ning placed his cauldron on the stone table and inspected the medicinal ingredients. 

Although he knew that Ao Tuo and Fu Lan Ke would have already checked it; still, there is no harm in being cautious. 

Who knows if there is someone in the dark targeting him. Xiao Ning nodded after checking the quality of the ingredients, and he took a deep breath. 

The next instant, a green-golden flame flickered in his palm. If he was going to make a noise, then the louder, the better. 

His mental strength surged; the flame divided into three wisps and enveloped the medicinal ingredients. 

At this moment, Xiao Ning's eyes glowed with a bright golden light. A rare solemn look appeared on his face. 

He raised his hand and precisely controlled the temperature of the three wisps of flame. 

It is difficult to refine the essence of the medicinal ingredients in the cauldron at once; not to mention, doing the same task without a medicinal cauldron. 

Yet, after seeing Xiao Ning's face, everyone looked stunned. They felt as if everything happening was a dream. 

 

For early access to the next chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

Thank you for your support.

11