Chapter 86
829 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After seeing the magical scene in front of them, the silent audience burst into cheers. 

Even though they did not know alchemy; yet, they understood that ordinary alchemists couldn't perform like Xiao Ning. 

Ao Tuo and Fu Lan Ke sat on the top; as the only two people present in the Black Rock City capable of testing others, they sat in a prominent position. 

Both of them stood up and had a solemn expression on their faces after seeing Xiao Ning's current performance. Unlike other people present on the scene, only they understood how advanced and difficult Xiao Ning's method is. 

It is nearly impossible for a fourth-tier alchemist to have such precise control over their flame and refine the medicinal ingredients without using a cauldron. 

Moreover, one needed a Heavenly Flame to succeed. Otherwise, how could Yao Lao be the only one capable of it? 

......

Xiao Yan's pupil shrank as he thought of a possibility. He couldn't suppress the doubt in his heart and spoke in his heart, "Teacher, isn't this your technique?" 

Yao Lao didn't respond immediately; instead, he thought of the not-so-old memory. He remembered the yellow flame and its terrifying owner. Even at his peak, Yao Lao didn't have the confidence to defeat the latter. 

'Sigh!' Yao Lao's sigh sounded in Xiao Yan's mind. A moment later, he spoke, "Indeed, it is my technique. This brat is lucky enough to be able to find my alchemy notes." Yao Lao lied without hesitating. He didn't want to put pressure on his young disciple. It is too early for the latter to come into contact with such a level. 

Xiao Yan nodded his head and did not pursue the topic. He believed that a powerhouse of Yao Lao's rank must have placed a part of his inheritance in a few places on the continent. 

He would have never guessed that someone threatened his teacher and took away a part of Yao Lao's inheritance. 

Xiao Yan emptied his mind; his eyes were unusually focused. He continued to stare at Xiao Ning's actions as if trying to imprint them in his mind. 

He simply thought that sooner or later, Yao Lao would pass on his skills to him. So there was no harm in trying to learn it in advance. Xiao Yan was confident that he could grasp it. 

......

Xiao Ning looked straight at the wisps of flame. There was a barrier separating him from the outside world. 

The barrier was placed by Fu Lan Ke so that no one disturbs Xiao Ning while he is refining the pill. 

Interrupting an alchemist while he concocts the pill is an absolute taboo. 

Don't look at alchemists being weak; if anyone dared to commit such taboo, many strong men across the continent would hunt him down to please the alchemists. 

......

Unlike yesterday, Xiao Ning's face did not have a calm look; instead, his face showed a rare serious expression. 

After all, Xiao Ning only succeeded once in refining a fourth-tier pill, and at that time, he used a medicinal cauldron. 

As he continued to refine the essence, beads of sweat appeared on his forehead. Xiao Ning waved his hand, and the wisps of green-golden flame flared up. 

The medicinal ingredients melted into a liquid form, and under the constant grilling of 'Golden Budha Flame,' the impurities contained were burned. 

After seeing this, Xiao Ning took a deep breath and thought, 'It is time for the next step.' 

Xiao Ning's eyes shone with a bright golden light, and his body also glowed in a golden sheen. 

'It's now!' Xiao Ning muttered in his heart and waved his hand. The three wisps of flame merged into one and brought the various refined essence together. 

He completely abandoned the thought of using the medicinal cauldron. Not only did it increase the burden on Xiao Ning's mental strength, but it also raised the chances of failure. 

......

All the people were so immersed in Xiao Ning's alchemy that they even forgot to notice the passage of time. 

An hour has passed since Xiao Ning started refining the pill. More than half of the liquid essence had fused, and only a small portion was left. 

At this point, Xiao Ning's eyes showed a trace of fatigue, and his face was a little pale. 

He ignored his condition and continued to manipulate the flame with all of his mental strength. 

Xiao Ning slowly raised the temperature of the flame to increase the speed of fusion. 

At the same time, Yao Lao, who had been watching Xiao Ning's actions from within the ring, shook his head; he sighed and muttered, "too hasty." 

Xiao Yan was startled after hearing his words and quickly asked, "Teacher, what do you mean?" In his mind, Xiao Yan thought that Xiao Ning was going to succeed. 

Yao Lao thought that it can be considered as a good example for his treasure disciple. 

He spoke, "Brat, Xiao Ning's mental strength has depleted more than half, and he can barely maintain the current situation. To increase the speed, he made a mistake, and now the fusion lost its stability. 

Xiao Yan seriously listened to his teacher's words and nodded his head. 

The next moment, Yao Lao's words turned out to be true. 

The fusion slowed, and instead, it started breaking down. The flame in front of Xiao Ning rioted, and it expanded. 

After seeing this scene, everyone's expression changed. Even Ao Tuo and Fu Lan Ke stood up from their seats. They mobilized their dou qi and were ready to save Xiao Ning at any moment. 

......

Xiao Ning's face paled after feeling the searing heat on his face. A solemn expression appeared on his face, and he gritted his teeth. 

His eyes flashed, and he released his remaining mental strength. The expanding flame stopped for a moment. 

Xiao Ning's body trembled, and he coughed out blood. The next moment, his consciousness blurred, and unwillingness flashed in his eyes. 

'Am I going to fail at this step?' Xiao Ning thought in his mind. 

The next moment, Xiao Ning felt his surroundings change, and his body no longer fell. 

In silence, he heard a voice full of warmth. 

"Ning'er, you have grown so much." 

Xiao Ning tried his best to raise his head and look at the owner of the voice. 

10