Chapter 87
805 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Ning could only see a hazy golden silhouette. He was sure that it was the first time he had heard this voice. 

Still, he couldn't shake the feeling of intimacy he felt from it. His heart throbbed, and his mind shook. 

Xiao Ning searched in his memories to find the owner of this voice. He had a gut feeling that the golden silhouette was related to him. 

Suddenly Xiao Ning's face changed, and he found that he couldn't remember anything before the age of three. 

"How can this happen?" Xiao Ning muttered to himself. 

Right now, Xiao Ning had forgotten about the alchemist test; even the identity of the golden silhouette didn't matter anymore. 

Xiao Ning thought of Xiao Clan's past, and suddenly a terrible idea emerged in his mind. 

'Someone either sealed or erased my memories,' Xiao Ning felt cold all over as he thought of this. 

Even though he had never seen a living Dou Saint, Xiao Ning instinctively felt that it was a Dou Saint who took action and manipulated his memories. 

There was only one doubt in Xiao Ning's mind, 'why?'  

Xiao Ning was very much self-aware and knew that he had nothing worthy of a Dou Saint's interest. 

.....

The golden silhouette silently looked at Xiao Ning. It seemed to understand his thoughts and sighed. 

'Sigh!' A complex look appeared on the silhouette's face, the golden mist covered it, and Xiao Ning couldn't notice it. 

The golden silhouette raised its hand, and white light shot out from its finger. 

Xiao Ning noticed the change and woke up from his thoughts. His face changed after watching the white light speeding towards him. 

He tried to release his dou qi, but the next second, his face changed. Xiao Ning failed to summon his dou qi. A bitter expression appeared on his face, and he could only watch the white light entering his forehead. 

'Bang!' The white light entered his forehead, and it traveled into the depth of his mind. 

Xiao Ning lost control over his body and could only watch the changes taking place as a spectator. 

As he continued to watch, his initial surprise was replaced by shock after seeing a black gate within his mind. 

Xiao Ning had never noticed its presence inside him. Before he could understand his current affairs, the white light became brighter, and it started expanding. 

Soon it transformed into a beautiful spear twinkling with a silverish-white light. 

Xiao Ning looked shocked after seeing the spear. It was as if a mortal saw a fairy. 

He had yet to recover from his shock, but the next scene left him stunned. 

After the spear formed, it burst out with a silver-white light; soon, a woman's shadow stepped out of the light and gently held the spear. 

A horrible spear intent burst out of her delicate body, and her eyes flickered as if she was alive. 

Xiao Ning stood still and watched everything; he didn't dare to take any action. The woman's spear intent was like a heavy mountain pressing him down. 

It took all of his strength to keep standing and breathing. He was sure that if the other party wanted, she could kill him at any instant. 

There was only one question in his mind, 'Who is she?' How could Xiao Ning feel relieved after knowing that there is a ticking bomb within him? 

"Child, look carefully." The woman in white spoke in a soft and gentle voice. Her voice carried an unusual warmth that touched Xiao Ning's heart. 

Xiao Ning stopped thinking; he raised his head and watched the mysterious woman. At the same time, he discovered that the spear intent pressing had vanished. 

The white-clothed woman didn't wait for him to adjust; she raised her hand, and the spear released a joyful sound. 

'Overlord's Thunder shot!' As she spoke, streaks of lightning covered her body and condensed on the spear. 

She gently stabbed the spear, and a shocking silverish-golden spear attack, bathing in lightning shot towards the black door. 

Xiao Ning looked at the woman's attack without blinking his eyes. Even though she made a simple stab gesture, he felt endless mystery from it. 

The spear attack collided with the black door, and like a hot knife passing through butter, it shattered the gate. 

'Boom!' The loud noise awakened Xiao Ning, who was still immersed in comprehending the woman's attack. 

He hurriedly bowed towards the white-clothed woman and said, "Thank you, senior for your guidance." His voice brimmed with sincerity. 

Xiao Ning knew that even if he broke through Dou Emperor, he still wouldn't be able to comprehend it completely. 

The white-clothed woman did not turn around; she had her back towards Xiao Ning. She glanced at the shattered pieces of the black door and muttered to herself, "Is it too soon?" 

The next moment she shook her head and slowly disappeared. Till the end, her face was covered in mist, making it impossible for Xiao Ning to see it. 

Xiao Ning blankly looked at the space where the white-clothed woman disappeared. Sorrow filled his heart and mind. 

He stood alone in the darkness, not knowing what to do next. 

At this moment, a vortex slowly formed in the position of the black door. It swallowed the shattered pieces and spat out a cloudy substance. 

A greedy desire flashed in Xiao Ning's eyes after seeing it. A thought appeared in his mind that if he refined the cloudy substance, it would make him whole. 

Xiao Ning couldn't stop himself for a long time; he walked forward and sat beside the cloudy substance. 

He closed his eyes, placed it on his forehead, and began fusing with the cloudy substance. 

One after another, a river of memories poured into his mind. Xiao Ning dived into it and began watching the memories as a bystander. 

......

In the memory, Xiao Ning curiously looked at the young couple fighting against a bunch of black-clothed people. 

Soon, the scene changed, and Xiao Ning's pupil shrank after seeing a bloody hole on the man's chest. 

Xiao Ning noticed a baby in the man's arms, and tears rolled down his cheeks. 

He hoarsely called out, "Father!" Yet, Xiao Ning didn't get any response. He had forgotten that it was only a memory of what had happened in the past. 

The next moment, the scene changed again, and his father with a horrible bloody wound on his chest, held him with one arm and fought against his enemies. 

 

For early access to the next chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

Thank you for your support.

 

Happy New Year!!

9