Chapter 88
1k 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After seeing his father's injury, Xiao Ning became anxious. A frightening killing intent condensed in his eyes. 

He clenched his fist and nervously continued to look at the memories sealed in the cloudy white substance. 

......

Xiao Ning's father, regardless of his injuries, fought continuously. As time passed, numerous wounds appeared on his body. 

Xiao Ning's eyes stayed on his father's figure. Even though he knew it was nothing more than a memory yet the concern in his eyes grew. 

At this moment, a sudden change occurred. A silver-colored spear light sliced through space and separated them. 

The next instant, a charming woman in white clothes appeared next to Xiao Ning's father and supported the latter. 

A green dou qi shot out from her palm and covered his father's body. The wounds on the latter's body started healing, and his complexion became ruddy. 

Still, she couldn't heal the bloody wound on his chest. After seeing this, her pretty face turned frosty. Streaks of thunder flashed all over her, and a horrifying momentum burst out from her thin physique. 

Her terrifying dou qi fluctuations froze the enemies in their places, and a look of shock appeared on their faces. 

Even Xiao Ning's father was stunned for a moment before he laughed loudly. His face showed a gentle smile. 

"Half-Saint!" He muttered, and his eyes shone brightly. 

"Son, take care of yourself in the future. Father is incompetent." The man tenderly looked at the baby in his arms and spoke softly. His voice was full of guilt. 

The next instant, his black hair turned white, wrinkles appeared on his face, and his body became rickety. 

Yet, his eyes shone brighter than ever, and his cultivation realm rose rapidly, from Dou Ancestor to Half-Saint peak. A flame mark appeared on his forehead. 

His dou qi color changed to red and flickered around him like a raging flame eager to burn everything. 

Suddenly, the picture stopped here. An anxious look flashed on Xiao Ning's face. He wanted to know what happened next. 

At present, he had forgotten about the alchemy test, and he was worried about his parents. 

Unknowingly he returned to the black space where the door initially appeared. 

Xiao Ning stood frozen like a statue. His eyes were blank, not knowing what he was thinking. 

......

A few seconds earlier! 

Everyone in the arena looked tense and nervously looked at the golden-green flame. 

They already seemed to expect the fusion to fail. Many people sneered; there was nothing more entertaining than watching a genius fail. 

Only a few people were concerned about Xiao Ning. Xi Yian's lovely face was full of worry. At the same time, there were flashes of purple demonic light as she heard people slandering Xiao Ning. 

Ao Tuo and Fu Lan Ke had mobilized their Dou Qi they could take action any moment; still, they stood still and watched. 

It seemed they were waiting for Xiao Ning to create yet another miracle. 

Only Yao Lao shook his head. He could see everything happening in the arena. There was no emotion on his face; he had seen many geniuses falling from the sky. 

He labeled Xiao Ning one of them. 

As they were looking, the flame in front of Xiao Ning escaped his control and continued to expand. 

Xiao Ning's following actions shocked everyone. It looked like he simply gave up trying to control the flame, closed his eyes, and stood still.  

His actions stunned everyone. How could they not be? If Xiao Ning continued like this, he would be gravely injured when the flame blasts. 

.......

Xiao Yan frowned; he couldn't understand what was wrong with his cousin and asked Yao Lao, "Teacher!" 

Before Xiao Yan could continue, Yao Lao interrupted him and spoke, "Be quiet and watch!" 

As the strongest being present, Yao Lao sensed something was wrong with Xiao Ning. His face turned solemn. 

Xiao Yan smartly closed his mouth, turned his head, and continued to watch Xiao Ning. 

.......

As Yao Lao spoke, A mutation occurred around Xiao Ning. The golden-green flame stopped expanding and stabilized. 

He glanced at the latter and saw Xiao Ning had already opened his eyes, and his pale face showed a calm expression. 

"How could?" Yao Lao muttered to himself, but the next instant, a look of shock appeared on his face, and the rest of the words never left his mouth. 

......

On the platform, Xiao Ning indifferently looked at the cluster of flame floating in front of him and the medicinal essence within.

Silver lightning flashed in the depth of his eyes. No one except Yao Lao noticed the change. 

Xiao Ning raised his hands and continued to manipulate the flame. The halted fusion resumed again. It became even smoother than before. 

Like it was not Xiao Ning on the platform but an entirely different person. 

......

"Back to the present!"

Even though it took a while for Xiao Ning to watch the entire memory fragment; yet, only a few seconds passed in reality. 

The silver radiance in his eyes vanished as if it never existed in the first place and a familiar golden light shimmered in them. 

A complex look flashed in his eyes; Xiao Ning finally found a clue about his parents. At the same time, he felt a familiar warmth in his heart. 

He felt the warmth of a mother's love. Xiao Ning touched his forehead and sighed. 

His mother sealed a part of her spirit within him. Separating a part of her soul meant cutting her future cultivation path. Yet, she did it anyway. 

'I need to be a Half-Saint to be eligible to learn about the matter,' Xiao Ning thought to himself and focused on the matter at hand. 

Even though his strength was the same, Xiao Ning felt everything became easier and simpler. 

The biggest challenge that Xiao Ning thought was easily resolved by his mother. A wry smile formed on his face as he continued to refine the pill. 

"Condense!" Xiao Ning flicked his hand and roared. 

The medicinal liquid rapidly fused, and a crystal clear pill appeared inside the cluster of flame. 

Xiao Ning continued to grill it for a few minutes, and one after another, golden pill lines formed on the pill. 

As the third line formed, a medicinal fragrance diffused into the surroundings. It marked that Xiao Ning had succeeded. 

 

For early access to the next chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

Thank you for your support.

14