Chapter 89
774 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The crowd cheered after seeing the medicinal pill floating inside the flame. Both Ao Tuo and Fu Lan Ke's tensed faces relaxed. They sighed at the same time and laughed after looking at one another. 

After knowing each other for a long time, they instantly understood the latter's thoughts. 

'Old fox!' Ao Tuo and Fu Lan Ke thought in their mind and grunted. They wanted to tie Xiao Ning to their alchemy association. Only a fool would let such an enchanting genius slip by. 

The duo took a peek at their disciples and thought of something while stroking their beards. 

Ao Tuo and Fu Lan Ke failed to notice the difference in Xiao Ning's 'Three Lines Green Spirit Pill.' Let alone others present on the scene. 

......

In the crowd, Xiao Yan's face showed a complex look. Xiao Ning became akin to a big mountain standing in front of him. 

Yao Lao looked at everything from within the black ring. His spiritual body trembled as he saw the silver lightening in Xiao Ning's eyes. 

Pain and grief flashed in his muddy eyes. "There is no mistaking it, so he is her son!" Yao Lao muttered to himself. A picture of an ordinary-looking young girl appeared in his mind. 

The young girl banged her head on the ground multiple times and asked him to accept her as his disciple. 

In one glance, Yao Lao understood her situation. He shook his head and said, "You have thunder and wood dual attributes and are not suitable for alchemy." 

After getting rejected, the girl stared at Yao Lao for a moment, and she turned around and left. She disappeared for decades, and no one could find her trail. 

After many years, the name 'Lightning Empress' vibrated the entire Dou Qi continent. No one knew her real name. 

It was as if she suddenly appeared out of the thin air, and with her peak Dou Venerate strength, she swept away all of the geniuses of the central plains. 

Even the young talents of eight ancient clans were no exception. Still, this wasn't enough to earn the moniker 'Lightning Empress.' 

She succeeded in replacing the fire attribute with the lightning attribute in refining the pills. It earned her the title, 'Lightning Empress.' 

Many tried to steal her method and refine the pill but failed. 

As an alchemy fanatic, Yao Lao became interested after hearing her news and traveled to see her. 

After attending the alchemy conference, Yao Lao became shocked after seeing her. A bitter smile formed on his face. 

It turned out that she was the girl back then whom he had declared not suitable for alchemy. 

Yao Lao shook his head and stopped thinking about the past. He looked at Xiao Ning's pale face, then glanced at his disciple and again shook his head. 

......

Standing on the platform, Xiao Ning took a deep breath and collected the pill in a jade bottle. 

He slowly stepped down from the platform and handed the bottle to Fu Lan Ke. Xiao Ning lifted his pale face and looked for Xi Yian in the crowd. 

Soon, he found Xi Yian and left the stadium. Xiao Ning was not afraid about the alchemy association coveting his pill. 

They soon returned to the hotel, and after entering the room, Xiao Ning collapsed in Xiao Xi Yian's arms.

Xiao Ning's mental strength had long been exhausted, and it was his mother's spiritual strength that supported him. 

Xi Yian hurriedly supported him. She tenderly looked at his sleeping face. 

She carried Xiao Ning to the bed and covered him with a quilt. Xi Yian then sat on the side and looked at him. 

......

In Xiao Yan's room, Xiao Yan and Yao Lao sat across each other. 

Yao Lao became more satisfied as he watched Xiao Yan's growth over the last couple of years. 

'Cough!' He hid his emotions and coughed lightly. Yao Lao's face became solemn and said, "Xiao Yan, don't be discouraged. There is always a person beyond a person." 

"With your talent, you would surpass him sooner or later." Even after knowing that Xiao Ning is the son of that person; Yao Lao still believed that Xiao Yan would surpass the latter. 

Xiao Yan nodded, but his face didn't look much better. 

Yao Lao sighed after he saw this. He thought for a moment and decided to tell him some things in advance. 

"Xiao Yan, do you think Xiao Ning is a genius?" 

"No! There are many people who are more talented than Xiao Ning and still don't consider themselves as a genius." Yao Lao continued without waiting for his response. 

A complex look flashed in his eyes, and he continued, "Once there was a woman, who turned the alchemy world upside down." 

"She was from a humble background, without any teacher and resources. Yet, she managed to climb to the top and became the continent's greatest alchemist." 

"She didn't possess both fire and wood attributes necessary for refining pills; instead, she had lightning and wood." 

"Instead of giving up, she domineeringly challenged the concepts of alchemy and became the only person to use a lightning attribute for refining medicinal pills." 

"No one knew her real name, and everyone called her the 'Lightning Empress.'" 

Yao Lao sighed and added, "Even at my best, I am not her opponent." 

Xiao Yan carefully listened to his teacher's words and asked, "Teacher, where is she now?" 

"No one knows; no one has seen her over the last twenty years." Yao Lao sighed. Even he had to admit the latter's talent. 

Yao Lao had heard rumors of her demise, and at first, he didn't believe them. How could such an existence disappear silently? 

Yet, after seeing the silver lightning in Xiao Ning's eyes, he became sure that rumors were true. 

Of course, he didn't tell these things to Xiao Yan and told the latter to start his training. 

......

Unlike the silence in Xiao Ning's room, the entire Black Rock City boiled after learning that he succeeded in refining a fourth-tier pill. 

Many spies sent the information to their respective forces. 

No one could predict whether it was good or bad. 

11