Chapter 90
848 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Ning over-drafted his spiritual strength while refining the pill during the alchemy examination. After returning to his room with Xi Yian, Xiao Ning slept for an entire day. 

......

'The next day!' 

Xiao Ning's eyebrows pressed together as rays of sunlight passed through the window and fell on his face. 

He groaned and raised his eyelids with difficulty. 'Hiss!' Xiao Ning massaged his forehead to diminish the pain. 

A wry expression formed on his face as Xiao Ning finished checking his condition. 

'I can only wait here,' Xiao Ning felt that it would take him at least three days to recover completely. 

Moreover, this result was after Xiao Ning had absorbed the remaining spiritual strength his mother left within his body. 

Otherwise, it wouldn't be as simple as resting for three days. 

......

Xi Yian, who had fallen asleep while sitting beside Xiao Ning's bed, woke up after hearing the noise. 

She cutely rubbed her eyes and glanced at Xiao Ning. Xi Yian kept staring at him for a few seconds, after which she pounced on him. 

Xi Yian dived into his arms; she rested her head on his shoulder and started crying silently. 

Xiao Ning tightly hugged her trembling body without saying anything. After a few minutes, Xi Yian stopped crying and regained her smile. 

Xi Yian felt something unusual, her face turned tomato red, and she jumped out of his embrace. While blushing, her lovely face looked more alluring. Xiao Ning smirked and continued to look at the shy beauty in front of him. 

Xi Yian couldn't stand his gaze any longer; she turned around to hide her embarrassment and said, "I will go and get you some porridge." She rushed out of the room after speaking. 

Xiao Ning smiled happily after seeing this. 

Not long after, Xi Yian returned with a bowl of porridge. There was still a blush on her face. Yet, she sat beside Xiao Ning and fed him. 

Xiao Ning didn't tease her anymore and ate with great gusto. A smile bloomed on Xi Yian's face after she saw this. She engraved this happy scene in her heart. 

There was a sense of unease in her mind. Xi Yian couldn't think of anything apart from her 'Woeful Poison Body.' 

......

Inside an ordinary house, in the slum area of the Black Rock City, two black-cloaked figures sat opposite each other. 

"It better be a matter of great significance; otherwise, you know the consequences." One of them spoke in a hoarse voice. 

"My lord, don't worry, you will definitely be interested in this news." The other black-cloaked person spoke with a hint of flattery in his voice. 

He took out a scroll from his storage ring and handed it to the other person. 

The other person flicked his hand, and the scroll appeared in his palm. He curiously opened it to read what was worthy for him to appear in person. 

As he read the information recorded in the scroll, a shock appeared on his face, and soon a thick killing intent replaced it. 

"Xiao Ning! Xiao Clan!" He muttered in a voice only audible to him. The temperature in the room fell, and the surroundings became ice-cold.

The next moment, his murderous aura disappeared, and he looked at the person in front of him and said, "You did a good job this time." 

He thought for a moment and added, "Keep them in the city for the next few days; I will personally take action." 

The other black-cloaked figure nodded and walked out of the house. Surprisingly he turned out to be one of the alchemists who saw Xiao Ning's performance. 

.......

After the spy left the house, the black-cloaked man removed the cloak and revealed his identity. It was a fat middle-aged man with black hair and a black beard. 

The fierce light in his eyes made it impossible for people to look directly at him. He wore white clothes with a badge attached to his chest. 

The badge belonged to one of the hegemons of the Jia Ma Empire, the 'Misty Cloud Sect,' and the person wearing it was the first elder Yun Leng. 

After learning about Xiao Ning's status as a fourth-tier alchemist, he decided to personally finish him off. 

Yun Leng had been keeping tabs on the Xiao Clan after learning about the three-year pact between Xiao Yan and Nalan Yanran. 

With Yun Leng's overbearing personality, how could he let any threat towards his sect exist? He had already made several plans to deal with the Xiao Clan. 

Yet, the existence of Xiao Ning foiled his plans. A fourth-tier alchemist is no pushover. Not to mention; a young genius like Xiao Ning. 

He could no longer use brutish tactics to eliminate the Xiao Clan. 

......

"First, there was a Xiao Yan, and now a Xiao Ning," Yun Leng muttered to himself as he continued to think. 

'The alchemy association won't let me kill him,' Yun Leng became irritated as he thought of this. 

Suddenly, a bright light flashed in Yun Leng's eyes, and he picked up the scroll again. His eyes stayed on Xiao Xi Yian's name, and a hideous smile appeared on his face. 

"She will become the key to Xiao Ning's demise," Yun Leng laughed. Dou Qi wings formed on his back, and he rushed out of the house. In the blink of an eye, he disappeared. 

......

Xiao Ning and Xi Yian left the room and walked towards the alchemy association. They had no idea of the death trap closing on them. 

Soon, they stopped in front of the familiar building. As Xiao Ning appeared, the guards standing outside stepped forward and saluted him. 

Xiao Ning nodded and stepped in while, he held Xi Yian's soft hand. Seeing this, Xi Yian blushed, but she didn't release his hand. 

"Young friend Ning, finally you have arrived," Fu Lan Ke appeared out of nowhere. There was a smile on his old face, and a lovely figure stood behind him. 

Xiao Ning cupped his hands and greeted the latter, and at the same time introduced Xi Yian, "She is my fiancee." 

While Fu Lan Ke had his suspicion but after hearing it from Xiao Ning's mouth, the light in his eyes dimmed. At the same time, the lovely figure standing behind him was also at a loss. 

12