Chapter 104
619 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Queen Medusa took the magical beast egg and Xi Yian's corpse and flew away. The golden glow wrapping her body disappeared, her face paled, and she coughed out blood. 

......

The snake-people bloodline flowing within Queen Medusa leaned towards dark and cold characteristics. But, on the other hand, the golden energy given by the egg was of light and hot attributes. 

In simpler words, the energy provided by the egg did more damage to Queen Medusa than helping her. She only realized it after. But at that time, she couldn't do anything about it. 

Queen Medusa ignored the wreckage taking place inside her body and left quickly; otherwise, with her personality, how could she let them off so easily? 

......

She found an unoccupied cave in the forest and chose to stay until her wounds healed. Moreover, the aura belonging to a high-ranked magical beast radiating from her body scared the other magical beasts in the vicinity. 

Medusa flicked her hand and gently placed the egg and Xi Yian's corpse on the grass. She sat on a stone and stared at the egg with resentment in her eyes. 

If it wasn't for the interference of this egg, how could she be in her current predicament? The more Medusa thought about it, the angrier she became. 'Cough,' Medusa's dou qi rioted again, and her charming face became paler. 

She hurriedly closed her eyes and began healing. Medusa used her spiritual strength and steered a wisp of dou qi through her damaged qi pathways. 

Slowly, she nourished her qi pathways and simultaneously gathered the golden specks attached. Finally, after a long time, Medusa opened her eyes, and a red glow flashed in them. 

Although Medusa managed to collect all golden specks in a single place, she couldn't expel them from her body. Ultimately, with a helpless expression, she exhaled her breath. 

Her eyes shifted towards Xiao Xi Yian's corpse. Medusa looked at her lifeless face and glanced at the wound on her body. Then, she tilted her head, thoughtfully looked at the egg, and tried to see past the shell. But, to her frustration, she could only see a faint outline. 

Medusa looked at the blood on her clothes and frowned. She removed her clothes and exposed her naked body. A pity no one was present to appreciate it. She took out a new set of clothes from her storage ring and wore it the next moment. While wearing her clothes, Medusa didn't notice a golden spot above her abdomen. The golden spot transformed into a dragon scale tattoo. 

......

A few days passed since Medusa lived in the cave. Apart from healing her qi pathways, she would take out some time each day to study the golden pattern on the egg's surface. The patterns were more complicated than Medusa had expected, but the expectations in her eyes did not diminish. 

Even after staying near Xi Yian's corpse for a few days, Medusa wasn't afraid of poisoning. Medusa's bloodline altered her physique and provided her with high poison resistance. 

......

Today, Medusa recovered from most of her injuries. Although she wasn't at her peak, she could protect herself from a Dou Emperor. The prideful Queen Medusa had a helpless expression on her face. Medicinal pills in her storage ring weren't helpful against the golden specks inside her body. She placed her hopes on the alchemists in the clan. 

She wrapped the egg and Xi Yian's body with her dou qi and rose into the sky. The red wings on her back shook, and Medusa flew away. Soon she crossed the forest and stopped outside a small village. 

Medusa used a secret dou technique and disguised herself as an ordinary human female. She decided to act in a low-key manner. There was no doubt she was exceptionally clever and undoubtedly had a plan. 

To hide the egg and Xi Yian's body, Medusa tried to store it within her storage ring, and to her surprise, she succeeded. This discovery made her eyes shine, and she became more interested in its origin. 

 

Usually, Medusa had little time to spare. She made cultivation her priority and used the time left to handle her clan's affairs. The crown she wore came with a heavy burden. As the only Dou Emperor among the snake-people, her duty was to protect her clan. Although Medusa's cultivation reached the peak of a Dou Emperor, she couldn't travel freely. It was very rare for her to come out of her territory. 

Her ruthless behavior said it for itself about how much she cared about humans, but, now on a whim, Medusa decided to experience it for herself. 

......

Medusa covered her face with a veil walked into the village. She curiously glanced at one thing after another. Finally, a sneer appeared on her charming face after scanning the village with her spiritual strength. 

'Thud!' Suddenly, a small girl running in the crowd bumped into Medusa and fell. 

Medusa stopped, curiously glanced at the little girl, who timidly raised her head and nervously looked back at her. Tears formed on the corner of her eyes as she clutched her swollen knee. 

Medusa's body trembled as she saw the little girl's expression. Then, the little girl's figure got replaced by her late younger sister's in her eyes. Medusa bent down and gently picked up the little girl into her arms. 

The little girl curiously looked at Medusa's face and did not make noise. 

Queen Medusa did not mind her gaze, and, minding her own business, she took out an ointment from her storage ring and applied it on the little girl's knee. If anyone familiar with Medusa's character saw this scene, their jaws would have dropped. 

The little girl felt a cool sensation, and the pain vanished. "Thank you, elder sister," she smiled sweetly. 

A long-lost emotion appeared in Medusa's eyes after hearing the word 'Elder Sister.' She raised her slender hand and softly stroked the little girl's hair. 

......

After seeing her off, Medusa sighed and exhaled a deep breath. Then, she regained her composure and muttered to herself, "She wasn't her." 

She threw this incident in the back of her mind and searched for a suitable carriage to travel to the Tager desert. 

This time, she searched for a heavenly flame required for her evolution. Unfortunately, a series of incidents delayed her quest. But now, she intended to continue it. 

8