Chapter 105
678 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It wasn't difficult for her to find a suitable carriage. Who could have expected an elite Dou Emperor to travel in such a manner? Not to mention the Dou Emperor sitting in the carriage to be Queen Medusa. 

If the carriage driver found out the woman's identity sitting in his carriage, he would presumably wet his pants. However, the goddess of luck was on his side that he tried nothing funny on the way; otherwise, he would wish he were dead. 

......

The journey was more pleasant than Medusa had thought in her mind. It was rare for her to sit comfortably and enjoy the changing scenery. She appreciated everything from green forests, small villages to yellow deserts. 

Over a couple of days, the more Medusa interacted with humans, the more her attitude towards humans changed. Unlike past, she did not slaughter innocents. Still, anyone approaching the carriage looking for trouble would turn to dust during the journey. 

......

After ten full days of continuous traveling, the carriage arrived near the eastern border of the Jia Ma Empire and stopped outside the Rock Desert City. 

The cities built on the eastern border differed from the cities built in the inner region of the empire. In comparison, they were made more roughly and with only a single purpose of forming a line of defense. 

Rock Desert City is one of many built on the eastern border of the Jia Ma Empire. 

As the Queen of snake-people living in the Tager Desert, Medusa very well knew about these cities. 

Medusa didn't even raise her head to look at the majestic walls of the city. Instead, she maintained her lazy posture and continued to comprehend the golden patterns engraved on the white egg. 

The carriage passed through the gate and entered the Rock Desert City in no time. Like other carriage's, it followed the designated path and crossed the crowded streets. 

The moment Medusa entered the city, she opened her eyes; a chilly killing intent replaced the laziness on her face. She raised her head and looked towards the distance, and the red light in her eyes deepened. Her dou qi fluctuated, and the surrounding temperature dropped by a few degrees. 

Medusa sensed the presence of her dou qi in the city, and the image of a man flashed in her mind. She clenched her fists in anger as she spoke in an inaudible voice, "So, you are here, Ice Emperor." 

She took a deep breath and restrained her killing intent. 'If it were not for her promise, how could I still let Hai Bodong live till present,' Medusa thought in her mind. Yet, at the same time, she felt helpless because of her deceased sister. 

Suddenly everyone nearby felt a chill and looked towards each other in confusion. They all had the same thought in their heads, how could they feel cold on a hot summer day and that too near a desert? Yet, after a few seconds, everything returned to the way it was. Many people even thought that it was their illusion. 

......

On the other side of the city, inside a shabby-looking shop, an older man working on a map felt a burning sensation on his shoulder. The older man's hands froze and ruined his map. Yet, the map was the least of his concerns. 

He turned his head and looked at the snake-like seal on his shoulder glowing with a red light and felt a chill in his heart. An alluring woman's shadow appeared in his mind, accompanied by the fear and despair she brought to him. The white-haired old man was none other than renowned 'Ice Emperor' Hai Bodong of the Miteer family. 

In the past, he did something which he shouldn't have and faced the Queen of snake-people, Queen Medusa. Queen Medusa, in her wrath, attacked him with the snake-people curse. 

The curse sealed a part of his strength and transformed him into an older man. 

Hai Bodong looked outside through the window with fear in his eyes. 'What is that lunatic doing in the city?' So he thought and considered whether to run away or not. 

......

Medusa's strong will allowed her to control her anger and regain composure. Finding him here was just an accident. Her primary purpose was to look for the clues of Heavenly flame in the Tager desert. 

She wasn't in a hurry to leave and chose to stay for the day. Medusa chose a room at random and meditated for the rest of the day. 

While meditating, there was a hesitation in her mind, and she couldn't concentrate. Over the last couple of days, she got inspired by the golden patterns on the egg and found another way to breakthrough Dou Ancestor rank. The only drawback to this breakthrough method was that she wouldn't evolve. 

Medusa's brows pressed together as a frown appeared on her alluring face. Even with her strong willpower, Medusa felt a bit moved and wanted to break through on the spot. But she resisted her thirst for power and took a few deep breaths to calm herself. 

She believed in herself, in her talent, and Medusa's self-confidence didn't allow her to rely on an external source. Moreover, even if the chance of succeeding was low, she is willing to take the risk. 

After making her choice, Medusa felt her spiritual strength sublimating. The moment she opened her eyes, the red glow in them was brighter than ever. 

......

In Black Rock City, Xiao Yan overcame his guilt for severely injuring his cousin. Then, under Yao Lao's guidance, he continued his training. But, just like the original script, his destination was still the Tager desert. 

Unlike Xiao Yan's carefree appearance, Yao Lao's mood remained heavy. He couldn't help but think of the scene every time he closed his eyes. Furthermore, Yao Lao also found traces of his old enemy, the 'Hall of Souls.' 

Blissfully unaware of such dangers, Xiao Yan continued to train to defeat Nalan Yanran. He covered half of the distance from Black Rock City to Rock Desert City in a few days. 

10