Chapter 108
613 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This sudden change frightened Medusa, and she fled after sensing the qi fluctuations. As she did, a frightening three-colored flame erupted from behind, swallowing everything in its path. 

Medusa did not hesitate and burned the remaining dou qi in her body to increase her speed. Yet, even with her monstrous physique, she felt threatened. She would be severely injured if not dead. 

The python started to shrink, and Medusa reverted to her prior form. She quickly passed through the underground tunnels and flew into the sky. 

Just as she moved out, the three-colored flame erupted from the underground. Akin to a ferocious beast, the flame rose high, reaching the sky. It swallowed everything in the half-mile radius. 

Queen Medusa stood a little further away in the sky and looked forward with horror in her eyes. Even she lacked confidence when faced with such destructive power. 

......

As the tri-color flame rose to the sky, it illuminated most parts of the Tager desert, including the surrounding cities. 

In the distance, away from Medusa's current location, many people sleeping within the mighty city sensed the fluctuating Qi and woke up in horror. Among them, Hai Bodong disguised himself as an ordinary older man. 

Not long after, they witnessed a massive pillar of flame erupting from the ground and touching the sky. 

The Qi fluctuations and the rising temperature shocked them. It was enough to frighten them. Similar situations took place in the other nearby cities. 

Only Hai Bodong and a few snake-people living in the core of the Tager desert sensed Queen Medusa's Qi. So they figured that she was involved in this incident. 

Both parties seemed to have different opinions; Hai Bodong's body shivered in fear as he thought, 'What is that lunatic up to now?' While the elders in the snake-people clan who knew more than others seemed to understand that there would be a significant change in their clan. 

......

Medusa did not know about the impact her actions had caused, not that she cared. Instead, she nervously looked at the receding fire and its left barren land. 

After a while, the flames disappeared, and the surroundings returned normal except for the extremely high temperature and a pool full of lava. Medusa hesitated whether to go again and check. 

There were many doubts in Medusa's mind. What happened to the egg? What about the heavenly flame? She couldn't give up now. 

Medusa gritted her teeth and decided to look; it was worth the risk. A dou qi clock enveloped her body, and she dived into the magma pool. Unlike the first time, she quickly passed through the tunnels and reached the region in which the heavenly flame resided. 

A look of shock appeared on her face after she arrived. Medusa saw that the egg sat on top of the eight-petaled lotus and a greenish flame enveloped it. No doubt, in the end, the egg won. Not only did it win, but it also occupied the lotus platform to nourish itself. 

With a single glance, Medusa understood everything. She noticed a steady fire-type dou qi passing through the egg's shell and nourishing the figure within it. Not only that, from time to time, wisps of dark golden flame would erupt from the egg. 

'Is it also using the heavenly flame to evolve?' A frightening thought appeared in Medusa's mind. But, the more she thought about it, the more confident she became. 

Her eyes flickered as she looked at the egg. What kind of existence is within it? Its bloodline could already suppress her's. Now, what after evolving? Thinking of this, Medusa decided to keep the egg to herself. 

She cautiously approached forward and tried to envelop the egg with her dou qi and the green core lotus flame with it. To Medusa's surprise, she succeeded, and a sweet smile appeared on her cold face. 

The surroundings started changing when she wrapped the egg and lotus with her dou qi. The greenish region reduced in size, and temperature also decreased. Even though she took the heavenly flame away, its residual aura was enough to sustain the magma pool for a long time. 

'Exhale!' Medusa took a deep breath, she took a deep breath and exhaled to calm her mood. Yet, excitement was visible in her eyes.

Medusa rushed out of the underground and stared down from the sky with a gentle flap of wings on her back. A frown appeared on her face. 

The pool of magma seemed unusual in the middle of nowhere. Furthermore, Medusa didn't dare underestimate other Dou Emperors present within the Empire. 

It won't be long before other people find this place, and at that time, who can guarantee that they wouldn't discover the heavenly flame's trace? So Medusa raised her hand and released an icy-cold dou qi to mask the surrounding temperature to prevent future troubles. 

At the same time, she formed a strange hand-sign, red-colored dou qi erupted from her body and created a rune circle on top of her head. Medusa's eyes glowed with a bright light as she spoke in a low voice, "Seal." 

The rune circle above her head began to expand, and it slowly covered the entire region within it. The moment it enveloped the area, all qi fluctuations disappeared without a trace. 

The area didn't seem different from the rest of the Tager desert. Medusa looked at the seal one more time before she flew away. 

Her trip came to an end. Not only did she find a heavenly flame, but she also obtained an unknown, mysterious egg. 

"It is time to prepare for the ceremony," Medusa seemed to mutter to herself as she flew towards her territory. 

......

A few months passed by after Medusa returned to her territory. In this period, many mercenaries explored the outer region of the Tager desert to look for the clue of heavenly flame. Even some known experts also participated, but everyone returned empty-handed. 

Still, new mercenaries and people from afar came here to try their luck. 

......

Today, a young man wearing a black robe, carrying a large ruler on his back, slowly stepped forward, leaving behind a trail of footsteps in the desert. 

After every few seconds, he would take a deep breath and wipe off the sweat from his forehead. Then, suddenly, a bright glow appeared in his eyes, and he said, "Teacher, we have reached the city." The excitement in his voice couldn't be concealed. 

"Huh! We have reached the city already?" An old voice sounded in Xiao Yan's mind. 

A mysterious fate seems to have brought Xiao Yan back to his original path. But, unfortunately, maybe it is leading him towards an unavoidable disaster. 

 

For early access to the following chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

I appreciate your support.

10