Chapter 109
665 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the innermost region of the Tager desert, a massive city built of solid rocks stood proudly on the yellow sand. Even the capital of Jia Ma Empire, the Jia Ma Sacred City, paled in its comparison. 

It was the capital of the snake-people tribe living in the Tager desert and also the Shrine of Queen Medusa. Many snake-people tribes surrounded it and formed small towns around it. These towns acted as a line of defense. 

Furthermore, it was also called a ring of death. Many ambitious people tried to travel past it but only died. 

Squads consisting of Dou Grandmasters and Dou Spirits patrolled the city walls. Occasionally snake-people wearing different clothing would appear on the city walls. They were Queen Medusa's personal guards. Commanding them was Hua She Er a Dou King, Medusa's trusted subordinate. 

At this moment, Hua She Er stood behind a young man like a servant. She cupped her hands and spoke in a cold voice, "Your highness, the Queen is waiting for you in the palace." 

The white-haired youth turned his head and opened his eyes. A tinge of gold flashed in them, and wisps of dark-golden flame sprang out of his body. The surrounding temperature rose at an astonishing rate. 

Hua She Er retreated as she felt a trace of threat. Fear flashed in her eyes as she stared at the dark-golden flame. Even a Dou King like her would need to walk sideways in front of such flame. 

The white-haired youth remained indifferent and spat out, "Let's go." 

Hua She Er exhaled after seeing that the flame had disappeared. She regained her composure, turned around, twisted her slim waist, and marched forward. The rest of Queen Medusa's guards followed her lead and stood on all sides with white-haired youth in the middle to escort him. 

As Hua She Er turned around, no one noticed that her pretty face turned pale, and beads of sweat appeared on her forehead. The team escorted the youth from the city wall to Medusa's palace without further delay. 

There was a huge commotion when the team passed through city streets; many snake-people stopped their work and curiously looked at the young man with surprise. Some among the crowd were overwhelmed with anger and shouted, "How dare a human dare to marry our goddess Queen Medusa?" 

"Kill him!" 

"Wash away the humiliation!" 

"Humans can only be our slaves!" 

After seeing someone taking the lead, many followed. Still, no one dared to rush out. All present were aware of Hua She Er's ruthlessness. Unwillingly, they could only see them going towards the palace. 

......

Soon, the group stopped in front of a majestic palace. One could feel a sense of awe after they laid their eyes on the palace. Apart from Hua She Er and the white-haired youth, the rest of the guards remained outside and returned to their positions. 

Hua She Er took the lead, and the white-haired youth followed behind. Even after looking at her beautiful behind, his eyes didn't fluctuate, as if watching a block of wood. 

As a Dou King, Hua She Er's senses were extremely sharp, and she immediately found out the abnormality. 'It is as if I am being stared at by a snake,' the moment this thought arose in her mind, she shook her head and dismissed it.

After a few minutes, they both stopped outside a large door with a giant python carved on it. A noble aura lingered around it. Hua She Er let out a sigh of relief. She secretly thought that she would never go near him no matter what. 

It took a few seconds for Hua She Er to adjust her breath, and after regaining her composure, she softly knocked on the door. 

"Enter!" A soft but cold voice sounded from the other side of the door. 

'Creak!' Hua She Er gently pushed the door, motioned the youth behind her to enter, and she followed behind him. 

......

The moment they entered a large hall with one large throne in the middle and eight smaller surrounding it appeared in their view. The giant throne belonged to Queen Medusa. The remaining eight represented the identity of eight clan leaders under her command. 

At present, all nine thrones were occupied. However, it was an infrequent occurrence in the snake-people tribe. Usually, the clan leaders stayed in their territory to manage and defend it from the surrounding empires. 

Only when there is a decision to be made which affects the future of entire snake-people kind would they leave their territory and come here. 

......

The moment they stepped in, nine pairs of eyes locked on the white-haired youth's body. Under their gaze, the youth walked forward with an indifferent expression. Only after reaching the center did he stop.

His black pupils stared at Medusa sitting on the throne in front with a questioning look. 

A bright light flashed in Medusa's eyes after she saw his actions. She let out a soft chuckle, and her alluring face showed a playful smile. 

'Humph!' One of the tribe leaders snorted coldly after seeing his behavior. In his mind, the white-haired youth's attitude was equivalent to courting death. Not only him, but even the other seven tribe leaders also present turned hostile.

The next moment, eight different momentums pressed on the white-haired youth's body, trying to crush both his body and will. 

The naked killing intent in the eyes of the tribe leaders showed they really intended to kill him. 

The white-haired youth felt a strong momentum pressing on him; his bones made a creaking sound. Even under the combined pressure of eight Dou Kings, he looked Queen Medusa in the eye and asked in an icy voice, "Why did you call me?" 

"How dare you?" Without waiting for Queen Medusa's reply, one of the tribe leaders spoke in anger. The dou qi within his body surged as if he was about to attack. The other seven also increased the pressure. 

'Thud!' The sudden increase in pressure caused the white-haired youth to fall to his knees. Then, for a moment, he lowered his head. 

A tinge of golden color appeared in his eyes. The veins on his forehead throbbed. Wisps of dark-golden flame poured out and surrounded his body. After the flame emerged, the pressure on him decreased, and he stood back with his spine straight. 

'Scram!' The white-haired youth spoke in an icy voice, and at the same time, the flame surrounding his body gathered behind him and took the shape of a dragon with phoenix wings. 

Everyone, including Queen Medusa, felt suppressed as if the person standing in front of them was not a human but a creature of the higher bloodline. 

Moreover, they felt a sense of threat from the flame behind the white-haired youth. The tribe leaders were experienced Dou Kings, and their faces turned ugly after knowing the latter possessed a heavenly flame. 

 

For early access to the following chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

I appreciate your support.

The next update is on Monday.

7