Chapter 110
630 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If one were to list the weaknesses of the snake-people, the heavenly flame would come at the top, followed by a more potent bloodline, and the white-haired youth possessed both. 

It seems as if the white-haired youth was born to be their nemesis. 

......

With the white-haired man at the center, the hall's temperature rose. The dark-golden dragon behind him also began to increase in size. 

All tribe leaders felt an immense sense of danger as if they would die the next moment. No one noticed the beads of sweat on their forehead. The presence of heavenly flame coupled with the bloodline suppression weakened their strength to half. 

At this moment, no one spoke; everyone raised their heads and looked toward Queen Medusa. 

Even Medusa herself was no better than others; even if her bloodline surpassed all other snake-people, still she felt her strength being suppressed. Yet, to preserve her majesty as the Queen, she did not show anything on her face. 

No one but her knew about the arrogance of eight tribe leaders. Medusa felt a headache thinking about how to convince them. So, she decided to let them experience it for themselves. 

Yes, the current scenario was deliberately planned by Queen Medusa herself, and the result was better than she had expected in her mind. 

........

"Okay, stop!" Queen Medusa spoke in a soft voice. 

Strangely, the white-haired youth complied and took back his heavenly flame, and at the same time, the bloodline suppression also disappeared. 

Everyone looked at the young man as if looking at a monster and let out a sigh of relief. Furthermore, they thought about Queen Medusa's earlier proposal, and excitement appeared on their faces. 

Hei Du, the only Dou Emperor among the tribe leaders, stood up, cupped his hands, and said, "We agree with your Majesty's proposal." Not to be outdone, the others stood up, cupped their hands, and expressed their approval. 

A smile appeared on Queen Medusa's gorgeous face; she thought for a moment and spoke, "The ceremony will be held one month later." 

The leaders did not wait for Medusa's instructions and left by themselves. They had a lot on their mind. A month was not a short or long period. The ceremony was one of its kind, and the leaders are bound to be busy for the next whole month. 

......

Everyone left except for the white-haired youth and Queen Medusa. They remained silent, not knowing what the other person was thinking. 

'I should probably let him know and let fate decide the rest,' Medusa thought in her mind as she looked at the youth standing in front of her. Then, after deciding, she spoke, "Follow me," her voice contained a rare, gentle tone. 

The youth didn't seem to feel the difference in her voice and nodded with an indifferent face. 

After seeing his response, Medusa returned to her cold self. She slowly got up from her throne, lazily stretched her narrow waist, and flew out of her palace. 

A pair of golden wings appeared on the youth's back, and he followed behind her. 

Soon, they arrived in the inner-most region of the city and stood in front of an ancient-looking temple. The guards standing at the entrance knelt and greeted their Queen. 

Medusa gently waved her hand and gestured for them to return to their post. Then, she motioned the youth behind her to follow her and entered the temple. 

Soon, they reached the inner part of the temple. It looked plain except for the statues of the previous Queen Medusas on the wall and a blue coffin in the center of the room. From the coffin as the center, the ground seemed to have frozen. 

Medusa stood near the gate and spoke, "Go in." The youth gave her a puzzled look, yet he slowly walked towards the coffin out of curiosity. As he approached nearer, the low temperature which should have affected him seemed to have found its master and started gathering around him. 

A light flashed in Medusa's eyes as she looked at the scene. It reminded her of the icy-blue dragon made from cold energy. 

......

The moment the white-haired youth appeared beside the blue coffin, his pupils enlarged, and a look of shock appeared on his face. Unknowingly tears formed in his eyes. 

A girl was wearing a white dress, lying in the coffin. Even with a hole in her chest, she had a smile on her bloodless face. 

The white-haired youth froze, and unconsciously he rubbed his chest. A series of blurred images appeared in his mind. He fell to his knees and clutched his head in pain the next moment. 

'Ahh!' He experienced unbearable pain as if thousands of hammers hit his head at once. 

Medusa sighed after seeing this and murmured to herself, "Is the injury so serious, or is he not ready to accept the reality?" Medusa shook her head, waved her hand, and carried the white-haired youth out of the room. 

Not long after, the duo sat opposite each other in the royal garden behind Queen Medusa's palace. 

Medusa elegantly picked up the cup of tea placed in front of her and gently sipped it. She raised her eyebrows, looked at the confused man before her, and said, "Drink it. You will feel better." 

Her soft voice seemed to have an unusual appeal; the white-haired man picked up the cup of tea placed in front of him and took a big gulp. 

A smile appeared on Medusa's lovely face. Then, she did not speak any further, closed her eyes, and rested. 

......

After a while, the white-haired youth broke the silence, "What is going on? Who is she? Who am I?"

Medusa, resting on the opposite side, opened her eyes; she thought for a moment and replied, "Your name is Xiao Ning, and you belong to a small clan in Jia Ma Empire." 

"As for who is she? I don't know, nor did I try to find out. However, I can tell you that she was someone important to you." Medusa added. 

The white-haired youth did not blame Medusa for not searching for information about the girl in the coffin. 

"Huh! So my name is Xiao Ning," he muttered to himself. 

 

For early access to the following chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

I appreciate your support.

10