Chapter 113
617 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Ning's eyes showed reluctance when he walked out of the library. In his view, its value was no less than a heaven rank dou technique or maybe even more. 

After reading the scroll containing information about the previous Queen Medusas, he better understood the snake-people tribe. Nonetheless, their history is even more frightening. 

"No wonder she does have the capital to be arrogant," Xiao Ning muttered as he recalled Medusa's arrogant behavior. 

'I will have more opportunities in the future,' Xiao Ning thought in his mind. He stepped out of the library and returned to his room in the palace itself. 

The silver moonlight shone on the capital, making it look like a celestial city. Everything seemed normal, like the calm before the storm. Not even the eight tribe leaders had any idea. 

......

Queen Medusa stood on the balcony of her room and looked at the city. Complex emotions flashed in her eyes. Her sister's image appeared in her mind. "Maybe I will join you," she muttered to herself. 

Time flowed like water, and the sun rose in a blink of an eye, marking the beginning of the day. 

As the first ray of sunlight fell on Medusa's cheek, she blinked her eyes and sighed. The next moment, her eyes sharpened, and she regained her demeanor as an Empress. 

After washing and changing into a new set of clothes, Medusa went straight toward the central hall and sat on her throne. Not long after, others arrived. Apart from the eight tribe leaders, Xiao Ning had another seat. This time, no one objected. 

Medusa looked at everyone and said, "From tomorrow, Hua She Er will be in charge." 

Her words caused an uproar in the royal hall. No one was not calm except for Xiao Ning and Hua She Er. They knew about the reason behind her decision. 

"Quiet!" The room's temperature fell a few degrees as Medusa spoke softly. The eight leaders felt an intense pressure descending on their bodies. 

"I will retreat and prepare to breakthrough to Dou Ancestor." 

After hearing her words, excited expressions appeared on the faces of all tribe leaders. In the entire snake-people clan, they only respected and listened to their Queen, Medusa.

Learning that their queen will breakthrough, a sense of pride and relief appears in their minds. 

Their current status was dangerous, and only with a stronger strength could they guarantee the clan's safety. 

Medusa blankly looked at the tribe leaders and did not know their thoughts; seeing that no one objected, she waved her hand, "You all can resume your duties." 

The tribe leaders nodded solemnly and, as a group, left the central hall. They no longer smiled. 

Their current duties changed. Not only do they have to prepare for the event after one month, but they also protect the city until their Empress, Queen Medusa does not breakthrough. 

Unlike humans, their actions were straightforward and rude; the tribe leaders declared martial law in the city and prevented anyone from entering and leaving the capital. 

Four even came in person and patrolled the city walls. The remaining four assigned themselves in two groups of two. The first group protected Medusa's palace, and others looked after the city. 

No clan leader thought of disturbing Hua She Er. In their minds, her sole responsibility was to guard Queen Medusa. 

......

After the tribe leaders left, only three people were in the hall. Hua She Er, being Queen Medusa's bodyguard, knew more than the others. 

She did not leave and waited for Queen Medusa's instructions. 

"Don't let anyone interrupt," Medusa spoke softly. She nodded and gestured for Hua She Er to leave. 

The next moment, only Xiao Ning and Medusa were left behind. 

Xiao Ning stared at her charming face and had no intention of speaking. Then, after a long while, he finally said. "I hope you succeed." Then, without waiting for her response, he turned around and walked out of the hall. He felt the longer he stayed, the irritable he became. 

Even Xiao Ning didn't know why his mind was in chaos. 

Medusa's eyes stared at Xiao Ning's leaving back, and a lovely arc appeared on her face.

......

As the sunlight shined on the city the next day, three figures stood in front of the shrine. It was Medusa, Hua She Er and Xiao Ning. No one apart from them knew what was going to take place today. For rest, it was another ordinary day. 

The guards stationed greeted them and opened the door. The three entered the shrine and moved forward under Hua She Er's lead. After a few minutes, a small lake appeared in their view. 

Hua She Er stopped and did not continue forward. 

Medusa glanced at Xiao Ning from the corner of her eyes, "Do you want my help?" 

Xiao Ning shook his head and curiously looked at the lake. He noticed there was something unusual about it. 

A pair of purple-red wings appeared behind her back, and Medusa gracefully crossed over. Then, she swung her tail and softly landed on the small island in the middle. 

Xiao Ning also tried to copy her method, and a pair of golden wings appeared on his back. In the same instant, a noble aura radiated from his body. 

Hua She Er, standing nearby, felt a sense of oppression, and she couldn't help but retreat. 

The wings behind his back flapped, and Xiao Ning flew above the lake. The restriction placed on the lake did not appear as she had thought, and he successfully crossed the lake and landed on the island. 

His golden pupils stared at Medusa as if asking what was next. 

Medusa didn't even bother to look at why the restriction she had placed failed. Instead, she turned around and moved forward. Her narrow waist swayed lightly. Her enchanting back was enough to ignite a desire in men's hearts. 

Yet, Xiao Ning didn't seem the slightest bit affected. His golden pupils were clear, with no trace of desire. 

They moved forward through the narrow space and stopped before a small lake in the island's center. 

Xiao Ning ignored the lake's icy mist and stared at the blue-green lotus platform floating in the center. 

"Green Lotus Core Flame," Xiao Ning muttered involuntarily after seeing the green fire on the lotus platform. 

8