Chapter 116
591 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Ning clenched his fists in anticipation. So many questions in his mind needed to be answered. 

The biggest of them, who was the girl in the coffin? How were they related? 

Is he a human or a dragon? 

Who are his parents? Are they looking for him? 

Medusa's interest in his life was expected. Xiao Ning's peculiar bloodline, the heavenly flame on his body, and Xiao Ning himself. Not to mention, she decided to marry him. 

'Bang!' Xiao Ning felt a force pulling out something from his soul. As if it wanted to cut a part of him. His body shook non-stop.

After a period, Xiao Ning's condition finally stabilized. 

'I thought I was going to die,' Xiao Ning thought. 

'Crack!' A sound like a glass shattering sounded in his mind, and one after another, memories flashed. 

Scenes flashed in his mind. From the bitter training, he went through in his childhood to the adventures and hardships Xiao Ning overcame. 

Medusa's expression changed as she continued to watch Xiao Ning's memories. It was like an open book. Not only did she see him and Ya Fei being intimate, but she also learned about the mysterious Dou God. 

Finally, she found the answers to the questions bugging her. 

After a few moments, Xiao Ning's body stiffened, as did Medusa's, because they saw the incident and the reason behind his current condition. 

Monstrous killing intent rose in Xiao Ning's heart that it overflowed out of him and also affected Medusa's spiritual body. 

'Misty Cloud Sect, Xiao Yan, Yao Lao; I will make each one of you pay.' Xiao Ning thought in his mind. He decided to let them suffer a hundredfold of Xi Yian's pain. 

How could Medusa not know his thoughts as both their minds were connected? 

A rare sense of approval arose in her heart. Xiao Ning's current thoughts aligned with her way of doing things. 

......

After digesting each other's memories, Xiao Ning and Medusa opened their eyes together and looked at each other. 

There was a sense of closeness and familiarity in their eyes as if they had known each other for a long time. 

"Let's get out of here," Xiao Ning showed a slight smile after a long time. The only thing which puzzled him was that neither Medusa nor the mysterious Dou God found out about his earlier life.

In response, Medusa blinked her eyes.

The next moment, Xiao Ning snapped his fingers. 

'Shatter!' Like broken glass, the surrounding space cracked, and everything drowned in darkness. 

......

'Crackle!' Their consciousness returned to their bodies as thunder sounded in the sky. 

A trace of worry flashed in Xiao Ning's eyes as he looked at the sky. Dealing with Green Lotus Core Flame was the least of his concerns. 

The dazzling streaks of lightning flashing in the dark clouds over the city brought him an immense sense of threat. 

Not to mention Medusa, for whom the lightning in the sky was intended. Unfortunately, even with Xiao Ning's help, the heavenly flame burned most parts of her body.

The blood flowing out of her wounds, the scales on her body, and the flesh beneath it all were burned to crisp. 

At the moment, Medusa's huge serpent body is reduced to one-tenth of its original size. Then, it was comparable to the golden dragon that Xiao Ning turned into. 

Indeed, the dark cloud in the sky was the last obstacle in Medusa's way to becoming a Dou Ancestor. 

But because of Xiao Ning's intervention, the original tribulation became twice as hard. 

The lightning condensed in the cloud, and a heavy atmosphere shrouded the city. 

'Rumble!' In a fraction of a second, a lightning bolt as thick as a human arm shot down from the sky. It went straight to Medusa, leaving no time for them to react. 

Xiao Ning and Medusa mobilized their dou qi and formed armor around their bodies as an inherent instinct toward danger. But unfortunately, they used the most inefficient and crude way. 

A dazzling silver light covered the city and its surrounding areas the next instant. 

'Boom!' That instant, Medusa's body flashed in front of Xiao Ning and took a direct hit. 

The two crashed on the ground, where the small lake was initially located. 

A vast crater formed where they fell. Streaks of silver flashed on their bodies, paralyzing them. The power contained in the lightning bolt was strong enough that it still injured Xiao Ning behind Medusa. 

As the first bolt flashed down, the remaining energy in the dark clouds condensed once again. 

'Rumble!' The same dazzling silver light covered the sky as another lightning bolt shot down from the clouds. 

Before they could regain control over their bodies, another devastating attack was already on them. 

A dark golden radiance appeared in the depth of Xiao Ning's eyes, and the remaining golden drop of blood present in his heart boiled. His heart started beating faster. 

As if the golden drop of blood felt provoked by the lightning in the sky. It released an enormous amount of energy, fusing with Xiao Ning's blood and flowing to every corner of his body. 

'Roar!' The golden dragon, bathing in a golden light, raised its head and let out a majestic roar. 

It flew out of the crater, condensed the remaining dou qi within his body, raised his claw, and attacked. 

A gigantic dragon claw tore through the clouds and clashed with the lightning pillar. 

'Boom!' The two attacks exploded the moment they collided. The explosion was powerful enough to erase the city below from the map of the Dou Qi Continent. 

Fortunately, it exploded in the sky far above the city. Still, the mere impact destroyed many buildings. Moreover, it was still under the protection of a Dou Emperor and a group of Dou Kings. 

Immediately afterward, the dark clouds covering the sky disappeared in a few seconds. The Sun again shone on the city below. 

The snake-people living in the city were not unhappy after seeing the Sun again. But instead, the worries in their eyes had yet to fade away. 

They couldn't sense Medusa's qi, nor did they see Xiao Ning's figure returning from the sky. 

8