Chapter 117
594 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Above the city, Xiao Ning's body was at its center after the explosion took place. 

The dragon's golden body was covered in a red shade, making it impossible to determine whether it was the actual color.

Xiao Ning's breath weakened as every moment passed, and the light in his eyes dimmed. 

At the same instant, when Xiao Ning was on the verge of dying, the golden drop of Dou God's blood existing in his heart fully merged with his core. 

Before, after Xiao Ning's awakening, it had only merged partially; otherwise, he wouldn't only be a Dou Spirit. 

How could merging with a Dou God's blood essence be a simple task? 

Not to mention, Xiao Ning was about to discard his original bloodline and inherit the mysterious Dou God's bloodline. 

It was a task ten! No! A hundred times more complex than just absorbing it. 

The current circumstances provided a suitable opportunity for Xiao Ning to complete the impossible. 

If he fails? Then, Xiao Ning, a mere Dou Spirit, would disappear from the face of the Dou Qi Continent, and his body will become the nutrients for the rise of another person. 

The recent tragic events have caused Xiao Ning enough pain and suffering, but they also tempered his will. No one in the younger generation could compare to him.

Does one require an extraordinary talent or a solid background to become a powerhouse stepping above everyone else? It can surely help, but only a person with an unwavering will can accomplish it. 

To gain something, one has to give up something else. So Xiao Ning lost Xi Yian, and his heart turned cold and ruthless. 

Even in the present, in his current predicament, Xiao Ning's body was charred; still, he did not let out a scream. 

As the lightning and mysterious Dou God's blood essence ravaged his body and spirit, Xiao Ning remained calm. Like it was not him who was dying. 

......

Medusa's charred, stiff body remained lifeless on the ground in the crater. Her qi and breath almost diminished like a flickering flame about to go out. 

Not only did Medusa let the heavenly flame burn her soul and body, but she also blocked a thunderbolt with her severely wounded body. 

Although the thunderbolt from the sky is both a tribulation and an opportunity for Medusa, the initiative lies in her hands. Only after destroying the old can the new grow!

All the ancient magical beasts have to go through this necessary step if they wish to enter the rank of a Dou Ancestor. 

At the crucial moment, a tinge of golden hue enveloped her body. It was from the pattern left by Xiao Ning on her abdomen. It provided Medusa with some life force to help her recover a part of her injury. Like sending coal in winter. 

'Ka-cha!' As the golden hue on her body disappeared, a soft breaking noise sounded from within the serpent's body. 

Not only did the diminishing qi stabilize it also showed faint signs of getting stronger. 

'Bang!' The charred stiff snake body exploded; black scales flew in different directions. 

At the same instant, a seven-colored light shot out of its center. A vast majestic qi radiated from it and covered the city. 

.......

Everyone felt the frighteningly strong qi in the city, and joy flashed in their eyes after sensing a somewhat familiar feeling from it. 

No doubt, it is the qi of their queen. Medusa was not only their queen, but she was also their belief. 

The eight tribe leaders also felt relieved. Yet, somehow they thought it far from over. Their gut feeling wasn't wrong. 

......

The instant seven-colored light appeared, it shot towards the sky at an unimaginable speed, as if tearing through the space.

It stopped in front of a golden fog in the sky, revealing its body. It was a small narrow snake with a body less than ten centimeters long. Tiny seven-colored scales covered its body. 

A pair of purple-colored pupils full of intelligence stared at the golden fog. The snake showed a humane expression that would be impossible if Medusa failed. 

Unlike the original story, Medusa did not lose control over her body; instead, she succeeded thoroughly. There was no other spirit apart from Medusa in her new body. 

Although, Medusa couldn't revert to her human form because she hadn't had the time to recover her dou qi. 

Right now, she was staring at the golden fog in anxiety. But unfortunately, the fog prevented her from finding out what was happening within. 

.......

Xiao Ning had no means to know that Medusa had completed her evolution.

Furthermore, she was also in the sky not far from him, trying to check his situation.

At present, he is going through an incredible experience. Every particle of his body was transforming. 

It wasn't only his body; Xiao Ning's soul was also undergoing an unprecedented change. 

Inside the golden fog, the mass of flesh and blood started gathering together bit by bit. First, the internal organs, then the rest of his body formed. 

Although Xiao Ning has reorganized a particular aspect of his body before, this was different. Unlike anything he had experienced in the past. 

After an unknown time, a young man's body hovered in mid-air. His perfect body was like a piece of art. A faint fragrance flowed out from it. 

A unique majesty and charm exuded from the slender body. 

......

In the past, Xiao Ning profited from his misfortunes and strengthened his body using various methods. His unique dou qi method also contributed to it.

Furthermore, he also acquired a unique physique. After clearing the trial, he also obtained the mysterious Dou God's blood essence. 

Any one of it was enough to make any person stronger, not to mention all of it gathering on a single person. 

While it did boost his strength, providing Xiao Ning with the capital of crossing several small boundaries and fighting with a stronger person. 

Yet, it wasn't without any hidden problems. 

Unlike Xiao Yan's dou qi method, the 'Flame mantra,' Xiao Ning's dou qi method was extremely domineering. It did not merge with other powers in Xiao Ning's body. 

It might lead to cultivation deviation in the future. 

But, now, with this transformation, it thoroughly integrated everything. If Xiao Ning's body before was like loose grains of sand, then now it was like tempered steel. 

11