Chapter 119
661 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a round of discussion with the tribe leaders and the elders, Medusa allowed them to bring the population living in their tribe to take part in the wedding. 

It was unlike any other wedding in the history of their clan. So Medusa wanted all clansmen to be present and witness it. 

According to her wish, the leaders returned to their tribe quickly and made the necessary arrangements. However, it isn't simple to travel with an entire tribe. Not only did they leave some soldiers to guard the city, but they also had to be vigilant against any sneak attack. 

Two days after their departure, the tribe leaders returned with their tribes. One could count the number of times on his fingers when the entire population of the snake-people race gathered together in the past. 

......

With only a week left for the wedding, all of them were busy completing their tasks, and only Xiao Ning was the one with nothing to do. 

He closed the book, placed it back on the table, and rubbed his eyes. In the past three weeks, he read many classics and scrolls and gained a deeper understanding of the Dou Qi Continent. 

Now he was no longer a greenhorn who knew nothing about the world. Although Xiao Ning couldn't read everything; still, it was enough for him presently. 

Xiao Ning looked outside through the window and exhaled an impure breath. 'After dealing with the current affairs, I must go to Jia Nan Academy,' he thought. 

After tasting the sweetness, it was almost impossible for Xiao Ning not to explore the academy's library. 

Xiao Ning was unaware that it was impossible for the academy to freely allow anyone to access the library. Therefore, it will be a challenging task for Xiao Ning to achieve his goal. But that is for later. 

After musing for a while, he returned to his palace. As for his upcoming wedding, Xiao Ning was still hesitating if he should prepare that as the dowery. 

There weren't many things on his body that could be used as the dowery. Xiao Ning could prepare some pills as an alchemist, but presently he could only refine the fourth rank pills, which would not be enough. 

'It seems I don't have any other choice.' Xiao Ning's eyes twitched as he thought. 

'Wait, a minute! My previous plan might just work.' The next second, his eyes lit up as Xiao Ning remembered his plan of cultivating a force under his command. 

After deciding, he did not waste any further time and took out his cauldron. Xiao Ning cut a slight wound on his finger, squeezed out three reddish-gold blood drops, and flicked them into the heated cauldron. 

'That!' What Xiao Ning was hesitating about was his blood essence. Only he knew the power contained inside his blood. 

There was no comparison between Xiao Ning's bloodline and the bloodline a dou god's descendent like Gu Xun Er possessed. The difference between them was like heaven and earth. 

It was because of this that Xiao Ning hesitated. But after thinking about the future, giving out three drops of blood essence wasn't a loss. 

......

Xiao Ning flicked his hand, and a jade bottle appeared from the storage ring on his finger. He added the contents within into the cauldron and grilled it with his dark golden heavenly flame. 

Under the might of the heavenly flame, Xiao Ning's blood drops fused with the liquid, and then its color changed to pale reddish-gold. Finally, he retracted the flame and stored the diluted blood essence in nine small jade containers. 

Xiao Ning looked satisfied after seeing the nine small jade bottles in front of him. Losing three drops of blood essence did not affect him. 

......

The next day, inside Medusa's palace in the great hall, nine people stood in front while Medusa and Xiao Ning sat on their thrones. The nine were Medusa's guard captain Hua She Er and the other eight tribe leaders. 

Xiao Ning's original sitting position changed once again. From sitting among the tribe leaders in the past to sitting beside Medusa at present. 

Evidently, Medusa's behavior toward Xiao Ning started to change. The connection between their minds played a significant role in it. Just by seeing each other's memories, the trust between them deepened. 

'Cough!' Xiao Ning coughed lightly and broke the silence in the hall. He flicked his hand, and nine small jade bottles appeared on the table in front of nine people. 

Medusa looked at the pale red-gold liquid within the jade bottles, and complex emotions flashed in her eyes. She could sense the pure energy in it. Even after evolving successfully, she still felt attracted to it. 

One didn't need to guess what was in the mind of others. Medusa could guess its origin, and so could they. Nine pairs of eyes filled with complex emotions locked onto Xiao Ning's figure. 

As if wondering why? 

"The bottles contain my diluted blood essence, one for each of you. This is my dowry to the snake-people clan. So you should drink it and refine it quickly. Besides raising your strength, your bloodline might evolve." Xiao Ning explained with a light smile. 

It was already difficult for them to thrive in this barren land, not to mention the frequent battles fought to protect their territory. So for them, Xiao Ning's gift was no less than a second chance at life. 

Moreover, they might even break through the shackles of their bloodline. 

The nine cupped their hands and bowed. The fear in their heart got replaced by awe. 

Xiao Ning noticed the slight change in their attitude, and the smile on his face became even brighter. He waved his hand and gestured for them to drink here. With Medusa and his presence, no one would dare to harm them. 

Medusa also thought the same. She leaned on her throne, with her left hand supporting her cheek. Even she was looking forward to what surprise Xiao Ning's blood will bring. 

The nine people took the jade bottle, opened it, and drank the liquid inside in one go. 

.......

After seeing her subordinates refining Xiao Ning's blood, Medusa turned her head and looked Xiao Ning straight in his eyes, "The previous you were too naïve. However, I don't oppose your current plan; I hope you understand what I mean." 

With their minds connected, Xiao Ning's ideas and plans weren't hidden from her. Medusa only mused for a moment before she accepted it. 

Medusa preferred the current Xiao Ning over the old one. She thinks that the current Xiao Ning has what it takes to become a monarch. 

10