Chapter 120
1.3k 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One after another, snake phantoms appeared behind them. It was the companion soul they chose at the very beginning. Nine serpents raised their heads and hissed. 

Xiao Ning and Medusa stared intently as the evolution process began. Their way differed from what Medusa had gone through. 

It was based on the vast difference between their blood and Xiao Ning's bloodline and used the latter's blood to raise their own forcefully. 

Compared to Medusa's way, the risk associated with this method was not worth mentioning. But the success rate was also lower. 

How much they can get depends on their fortune. So while Xiao Ning had his plans, he did give them an opportunity. 

......

Soon, flecks of dark golden light materialized and started to merge with the snake phantoms. 

The serpent phantoms hissed in pain as their bodies struggled to free themselves. All nine of them gritted their teeth not to pass out at that exact moment. 

Their bodies became red as if someone poured magma inside them. The droplets of sweat turned to steam the moment they formed. 

Even the diluted blood essence was more potent than they had imagined. Instead of merging with their blood, it started devouring it and growing stronger. Luckily, they were strong enough to resist it and continued to refine it bit by bit. 

A couple of hours passed by. Medusa and Xiao Ning sensed more and more natural energy gathering around the palace and felt that it wouldn't take much longer. 

'Crack!' The floor cracked as one of them broke through. His momentum soared from seven-star Dou King to nine-star Dou King. After reaching the peak of Dou King, it stopped and stabilized. Although he failed to evolve, his strength rose by a considerable margin. 

After seeing this, there were no fluctuations on Xiao Ning and Medusa's faces. The current situation was already in their expectations. They patiently waited for the others. 

The others did not keep them waiting for a long time. In a short period, five other tribe leaders broke through. Among the five, only Hei Du was a Dou Emperor, while the rest were at the pinnacle of Dou King. 

Now, Hei Du's strength rose from 3-star Dou Emperor to 6-star Dou Emperor, and the other four broke through from Dou King and became Dou Emperors. 

Although they also failed to improve their bloodline; still, the increase in their strength alone was worth it. The addition of four new Dou Emperors raised the power of the entire snake-people race many times. 

Even if Medusa were to leave now, it wouldn't significantly impact the clan. 

......

With Medusa, an elite Dou Ancestor guarding, their breakthrough did not interrupt others. 

Only three Yue Mei, Mo Ba Si, and Hua She Er remained. After seeing them still enduring such pain, others couldn't help but admire them. 

'Hiss!' At this moment, a mutation happened, the serpent phantom behind Hua She Er hissed, and its body started to change. The scales on its body became pitch black. 

The next moment, Hua She Er's body began to transform. Her cultivation rose from the peak of Dou King and quickly broke through Dou Emperor. Still, it did not stop there. It continued to increase from 1-star to 2-star and finally stopped at the peak of the 3-star Dou Emperor. 

On the other hand, her body also completed its transformation. Hua She Er's snake tail got replaced by human legs. She successfully evolved. It also meant another potential Dou Ancestor for the snake-people tribe. 

Fortunately, Medusa flicked her hand and blocked Hua She Er's figure with seven-colored light in time. The latter also reacted immediately. She pressed down on the joy of evolving and quickly wore a new dress. 

The other two also broke through the Dou Emperor realm, but unfortunately, they failed to evolve. 

Only Hua She Er among nine succeeded in evolving while others failed. It was only natural because of its sheer difficulty. Still, it was not without gain. 

There are eight Dou Emperors compared to only one in the past. Any clan having a single Dou Emperor can have a transcendent status among the surrounding empires, like Misty Cloud Sect. So one could guess the significance of eight Dou Emperors in a single clan. 

If Queen Medusa wants, she can create an Empire far more significant and robust than the Jia Ma Empire.

Two days passed since the tribe leaders, and Hua She Er broke through. They stabilized their cultivation in the past two days and familiarized themselves with their soaring strength. 

Because of Xiao Ning's request, Medusa ordered them not to disclose their strength. 

......

Back in Jia Ma Empire. 

Many famous people responded to Pill King Gu He's letter. The strongest included Yun Yun Misty Cloud Sect's Sect leader, Yan Shi, Fan Li, and others. 

Gu He sat on the main seat in a majestic hall, looked at everyone around him, and spoke, "I will get straight to the point; two rank-five pills for each after completing the task." The moment he opened his mouth, everyone present showed a trace of surprise. 

Rank five pills might not be of much use to them but benefit their clans' juniors. So, many of them accepted the task without hesitating. But, even so, there were a few who chose to reject. 

......

In the other part of the empire, within the outer region of the Tager desert, a mercenary group searched for the trace of heavenly flame. Not surprisingly, it was the Desert Metal Mercenary group. Xiao Yan's two elder brothers, Xiao Li and Xiao Ding, created the mercenary group. 

Following Xiao Yan's request, the three brothers, who united after a long time, helped the latter. Like the original, they found the cave with Qing Lin's help. 

......

Far from Jia Ma Empire, in an Empire even stronger, Bai Ya, one of the prominent members of the Sky Serpent Mansion, learned about Queen Medusa's marriage. 

A fierce light burst from his eyes as a tyrannical aura scared everyone in the surrounding. He lost interest in playing with his prey and killed it immediately. 

"I am going to kill him," killing intent flashed in his eyes as Bai Ya flew into the sky at an unimaginable speed. 

10