Chapter 152
595 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Shan stared at the spear rushing toward him with fearful eyes. The fear of death and despair filled every single fiber of his being. 

When Yun Shan felt the breath of death covering him, the thought of revenge evaporated from his mind. 'How could this happen?' He thought. 

Even in despair, Yun Shan's survival instincts played their role. He released his dou qi unscrupulously. He also used his mastery over the space element to stop the spear. 

'Hmmph!' Medusa felt the surrounding space's changes and hummed lightly. Simultaneously, the spatial blockade that was supposed to stop her attack disappeared. 

"Why? Why? Why?" Yun Shan's face distorted, and he roared. 

......

Decades of effort, he couldn't break through the Dou Ancestor realm. Yun Shan understood that with his talent, there was no possibility for him accending to the next step. 

To fulfill his dream, Yun Shan made a deal with the devil. He searched for a long time and came in contact with a mysterious force. Some called them the 'Shadow Clan,' while it was formally known as the 'Hall of Souls.' 

After Yun Shan saw the opportunity in front of him, he didn't hesitate and made the deal with a protector Wu, from the Hall of Souls. He received a secret technique from the latter and practiced it. 

Even after getting this technique, it took him a few years to break through Dou Ancestor. 

Soon after becoming the Dou Ancestor, before he could even enjoy the fruits of his labor; the sect elders reported Xiao Yan's matter and asked him to judge it. 

Yun Shan happily agreed to it. Apart from presiding over Xiao Yan's matter, he also wanted to let everyone know. 

......

As the spear impaled his heart, Yun Shan's eyes slowly lost their glow, and he took a last look at Xiao Ning. He remembered the mission given to him by Protector Wu, and the dying Yun Shan showed a trace of vitality. 

He slowly raised his head, put in all of his efforts, and said in a hoarse voice and broken words, "X... Xiao ... Clan.... is doomed. None..... of .... you ... will.... survive." 

Yun Shan used his last breath to threaten Xiao Ning and fell from the sky. A Dou Ancestor fell in the small Jia Ma Empire. 

Xiao Ning stood still in the air like he was standing on solid ground, and he felt slightly emotional after seeing the death of a Dou Ancestor. As for Yun Shan's words, he didn't even bother to listen to them. He knew better than anyone, who was the real enemy of the Xiao Clan and the reason behind it. 

The fall of Yun Shan marked the end of the Misty Cloud Sect. The hundreds of years old faction which was considered as the overload of the Jia Ma empire got erased from the map of the empire. 

......

Xiao Ning remained still and felt a burst of coolness from the depths of his soul. After avenging Xi Yian, the sudden coolness spread around every corner of his body; Xiao Ning felt as if he was soaked in a warm spring, and all of his negative emotions were washed away. The coldness in his eyes faded away as if it was never there in the first place. 

Xiao Ning kept staring into the distance, and he even failed to notice that the other tribe leaders stood behind him. Soon, tears dripped down Xiao Ning's face, and all the emotions he locked away resurfaced. 

Medusa felt the turmoil in his heart, and a rare soft look appeared in her eyes. She waved her hand and motioned the tribe leaders to leave. The tribe leaders nodded, and swiftly left and flew in the Xiao Clan's direction. 

Medusa, on the other hand, stood silently beside Xiao Ning, giving him space to grieve and protect him. 

Xiao Ning was oblivious to it; he didn't even notice the changes in his body. The golden scales receded, and his aura dropped back to the peak of Dou Spirit. He kept staring into the distance as if he was waiting for someone. 

He remained in the same state until sunset, and only after the sunset did his eyes regain focus. 

"Thank you," Xiao Ning spoke softly. 

Medusa shook her head, treating it as if it was nothing, but the glamourous smile on her face betrayed her. 

Xiao Ning smiled slightly, and the next moment, the wings behind his back disappeared, and Xiao Ning fell from the sky. 

Medusa was startled, but she immediately flashed in front of Xiao Ning, held his arm, and gently took him to the ground. 

Xiao Ning's face was slightly pale because he fought too many battles. A wry smile appeared on his face after he saw the dry qi cyclone. 

The next moment, he took a deep breath, calmed his emotions, and brought out the icy coffin from his storage ring. His hands froze after seeing Xi Yian's face; once again, his eyes were filled with emotions. 

Xiao Ning took a deep breath; he tied one end of the rope to the coffin and held the other end over his shoulder. 

The next instant, he stepped forward and slowly dragged the coffin along. Xiao Ning's every step was slow but heavy as if he was carrying the weight of the entire continent. 

Slowly but steadily, under the moonlight, Xiao Ning dragged the icy coffin towards the mountain peak. He burned everything in his path, leaving a clear trail behind him. 

Soon, Xiao Ning reached his destination; he leveled the ground before placing the coffin in the middle. Beside the coffin, a stone tablet that said, "Here rests a Fairy with a broken heart," was added by Xiao Ning. 

Xiao Ning still looked at Xi Yian's face and was reluctant to leave her alone. As the thought of accompanying her for a few more days, the surrounding aura changed. 

Snowflakes fell from the sky, and in seconds, the entire ground surrounding the coffin turned white. 

Xiao Ning let the snowflakes fall on him and felt an icy chill entering his body. He was too surprised to take care of his body and stared at Xi Yian's coffin. 

8