Chapter 153
131 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a few seconds, the snow rendered the entire mountain peak white and permanently changed its climate. The result of the previous battle had temporarily raised the surrounding temperature and scorched the ground. 

Yet, everything was replaced by snow white color, it also removed the after-effect of the heavenly flame. The surrounding temperature dropped sharply. Even, Xiao Ning the owner of the heavenly flame, felt a chill, let alone others. 

At this moment, Xiao Ning ignored the changes in the environment; he intently stared at the coffin. Xiao Ning's senses warned him, and his heart throbbed for no reason. 

Suddenly, a white light pierced through the sky and enveloped the coffin. 

Xiao Ning was startled after seeing this, and his heart started pounding against his chest. He felt the surrounding changes were the result of this white light. 

......

Under his shocked eyes, snowflakes gathered within the white light above the coffin, and slowly the snowflakes took shape. 

Soon, Xiao Xi Yian, formed by snowflakes, floated above the coffin. She stood still with her eyes closed. Her white clothes and snow-white hair made her look like a fairy had descended to the mortal world. 

"Xi Yian," Xiao Ning trembled as he stared at her fairy-like figure. 

Xia Yian's eyelashes trembled, and she slowly opened her eyes. She stared around blankly, and her crystal clear eyes looked around curiously. 

Xiao Ning felt like his heart was about to explode. He could barely hide his excitement. Although he never showed it, Xiao Ning always blamed himself for Xi Yian's death. 

'A genius? An alchemist? So what? In the end, you still failed to protect the one you love!' Xiao Ning mocked himself. 

Now, after seeing Xiao Xi Yian appear before him, Xiao Ning wanted to rush forward and take her into his arms. 

Xiao Ning barely suppressed his urge to step forward and stood still. 

On the other hand, Xiao Xi Yian stared at the unfamiliar environment, trying to recall if she knew the place. Suddenly, her gaze stopped at a familiar face. 

From the depths of her soul, pieces of memories emerged, and Xi Yian finally recognized the man standing in front of her. 

"Xiao Ning," Xi Yian spoke softly; her eyes overflowed with emotions. Xiao Xi Yian never thought she would have an opportunity to see him again. 

"Yian'er," Xiao Ning choked, tears dripped down his cheeks. He slowly stepped forward, and in fear that she would vanish, he hurriedly hugged her. 

Yet his arms passed through her body, which stunned Xiao Ning. 

Xi Yian smiled bitterly, "Remember? I'm already dead." She pointed out her current state. 

"Xiao Ning, forget about me; I have already faded in the river of time. Promise me, you will never look back and keep moving forward." Xi Yian's icy hand rested on his cheek. 

She tried to caress his cheek, but her icy hand passed through his body. There was a hint of disappointment in the depth of her eyes; she wanted to touch him for the last time. 

Xiao Ning trembled after he heard Xi Yian's words, and he felt they would never meet again.

"No! I don't accept it! I will find a way to revive you." Xiao Ning spoke in a hoarse voice filled with determination. 

Xi Yian smiled lightly but did not comment. She raised her head and looked at Medusa, who stood a few steps behind Xiao Ning. 

"I am relieved that there is someone else to take care of him," She spoke softly. 

From the moment Xi Yian saw Medusa, she knew Medusa's relationship with Xiao Ning. Xi Yian felt relieved. Now, she wouldn't be worried about Xiao Ning spiraling down in grief. 

It also meant Xi Yian could leave in peace. 

"Xiao Ning, let's meet again in the next life." A bright smile appeared on her snow-white face. There was no hint of sadness in Xi Yian's eyes as she stared at her man.

The next moment, her body began to fade away; bit by bit, it transformed into snowflakes and merged with the surroundings. 

Xiao Ning stood stunned; tears continuously dripped down his cheeks. At this moment, he didn't look like the overlord that trampled the Misty Cloud Sect under his foot; instead, a helpless young boy, powerless to protect his lover. 

......

Medusa, who stood behind Xiao Ning, was stunned by the look in Xi Yian's eyes. For a moment, complex emotions surfaced on her face. Medusa admitted that she couldn't be as generous as Xiao Xi Yian. 

Moreover, she also had a faint connection with Xiao Ning's mind, so she understood his current state of mind. 

After hesitating for a moment, Medusa stepped forward and placed her soft hand on Xiao Ning's shoulder to comfort him. 

This scene was enough to shock everyone. Who could have thought the ruthless Medusa would one day comfort a man? 

Xiao Ning sprang out of his trance; he didn't need to look back to understand Medusa's meaning. 

"Let's go back," He spoke weakly. Xiao Ning felt as if he was drained of his strength. 

Xiao Ning held Medusa's hand, and with the latter's help, they flew away. Medusa understood, at this time, Xiao Ning's mental state was extremely fragile. 

Although she was not good at expressing her emotions; still, there was a hint of worry in her eyes. 

......

The snake-tribe elders remained behind and stood silently. No one who reached the rank of Dou Emperor was stupid. 

All of them understood the present situation was not something they could meddle in. 

"Let's act according to the plan," One of them spoke. 

The others nodded. 

Soon, they flew in different directions and began to sweep through the entire mountain peak, searching and looting the resources. 

How could Xiao Ning give up on the thousand-year-old treasury of the Misty Cloud Sect? Even before attacking, Xiao Ning already had his eye on it. 

The snake-tribe leaders over-fulfilled their mission; they did not leave even a speck of dust for the latecomers. 

3