Chapter 154
133 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A couple of days passed by after the war between Xiao Ning and Misty Cloud Sect ended. 

Earlier, many people had witnessed the Misty Cloud Sect stopping Xiao Ning and Xiao Yan from leaving, and they sent this news back to their respective clans and families. 

Even though not many were optimistic about Xiao Ning and Xiao Yan, still each party was interested in knowing the outcome. They were curious about the new patriarch of the Xiao Clan and wanted to fish in troubled waters. 

After waiting for a few days, their patience got exhausted, and greed took over. Hence, without delay; many spies rushed out from the Jia Ma Sacred City. 

The spies who went towards the Misty Cloud Sect returned with the heavy news. Not only them, but even the elite troops stationed at the bottom of the mountain went back. 

All of a sudden, the news about the destruction of the Misty Cloud Sect spread like a prairie fire, uncontrolled. In a short time, everyone learned about it, and the Jia Ma Sacred City shook. 

The forces rooted in the capital were related to the Misty Cloud Sect; now, its fall had affected them. Even the royal family was no exception. 

With time, this news spread to each corner of the empire. The fall of the transcendent force like Misty Cloud Sect became the key that awakened the sleeping behemoth called the Jia Ma Empire. 

The empire not only lost the Misty Cloud Sect's protection, but it also ignited the fire called ambition in the hearts of numerous people. Unprecedented chaos was about to shake the core of the empire. 

......

Jia Xing Tian, together with the leaders of various families, acted swiftly and raided the remains of the Misty Cloud Sect to grab the resources. How could they have known that Xiao Ning had already taken everything away? 

They went in high spirits but returned empty-handed with a gloomy face. Jia Xing Tian, being the leader, took the initiative to investigate who took away the treasure that was supposed to belong to them. 

He never doubted that it was Xiao Ning who took away everything. In his mind, no matter how mysterious Xiao Ning was, he couldn't hold a candle against the Misty Cloud Sect.

He inferred that there must be a third party who took advantage of the situation and picked up the profits. Jia Xing Tian then mobilized all the resources of the royal family to search for the other party. 

......

Xiao Ning traveled back to Wu Tian City back with Medusa. All the way, he remained silent and kept thinking about Xi Yian. After considering the current situation, even the haughty Medusa didn't show her temper and supported him. 

Xiao Ning recovered his state before reaching the Xiao Clan. 

"Thank you." 

"You should also return to your clan," Xiao Ning spoke softly. He pondered for a moment and suggested. 

After such an event, Medusa had to present in the clan. Moreover, as a Dou Ancestor realm powerhouse, merely her presence was enough to deter all the directions. 

Medusa stared at Xiao Ning with her charming eyes; she thought and nodded.

She then leaned forward, kissed Xiao Ning, and flew away. 

Xiao Ning smiled wryly and shook his head. How could he not understand what was on her mind? 

He took a deep breath, turned around, and strode towards the Xiao Clan. 

......

With Xiao Ning's return, the entire Xiao Clan became lively. Xiao Ning himself underestimated his popularity in the clan. In the blink of an eye, the three elders and the previous patriarch Xiao Zhan, gathered around.

There was a solemn atmosphere in the hall. All four pairs of eyes stared at Xiao Ning, waiting for him to speak. 

"The Misty Cloud Sect and all members of the Nalan Clan present for the event were slaughtered." 

'Hiss!' The four sucked in a cold breath and felt a chill from the bottom of their souls. The four elderly present had not even reached the Dou Spirit rank and stared at Xiao Ning in shock.

With a look of disbelief, they kept muttering to themselves. 

Xiao Ning remained silent and gave them some time to digest the news. 

"Xiao.... Patriarch, what about my son, Xiao Yan?" Xiao Zhan was more anxious than others and asked about his son's whereabouts. 

Xiao Ning stared deeply at Xiao Zhan for a moment before he said, "Xiao Yan won the battle and did not shame the clan's name." 

"According to the agreement, I let him off once, but he returned and joined the enemy in battle against me." 

"For your sake, I did not kill him on the spot, but he can't go unpunished." 

"From this day forward, Xiao Yan is expelled from the clan, and I deprive him of the surname Xiao." 

Xiao Ning spoke in a heavy voice. At this moment, he had transformed from a wounded boy to a prestigious patriarch. 

The three elders and Xiao Zhan sat stunned, and Xiao Ning's words struck like thunder in their minds. 

"H...How....Why?" Xiao Zhan slumped in his chair. Even after a long time, the shock on his face did not subside. He couldn't believe that his son Xiao Yan would betray his clan. 

"Patriarch......." 

"Senior, please do not embarrass me. If I weren't strong enough; I wouldn't be sitting here." Xiao Ning interrupted Xiao Zhan. 

The four lowered their faces at the same time. Even though the three elders had some opinions on Xiao Yan, they still valued his potential and regarded him as the future pillar of the clan. 

"Patriarch, I want to go out and look out for my son." Xiao Zhan bowed his head. He was ready to be rejected and punished by Xiao Ning. 

"I allow you, but only this once." Xiao Ning thought for a moment and agreed. 

"Senior, you might as well try with your other two sons; they might know Xiao Yan's whereabouts." 

Xiao Ning left the hall after speaking. He returned to his courtyard and slept. 

4