Chapter 155
144 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Ning's return to Wu Tian City was kept a secret. Although, no one would suspect him for Misty Cloud Sect's demise. Still, he avoided unwanted attention. 

Unlike the peaceful atmosphere in Wu Tian City, unprecedented chaos shook the other parts of the empire. All those who desired the Misty Cloud Sect's wealth returned empty-handed. Even then, it didn't extinguish their ambitions. 

The prominent clans in various cities rebelled, replaced the city lords, took control, and renamed the cities. 

The royal clan, with its limited resources, could only suppress the chaos in the capital. 

The Mu clan destroyed the remnants of the Nalan Clan and became a first-class power. Moreover, with the demise of Hai Bodong, Jia Xing Tian took the opportunity and annexed the Primer Clan. 

As the wealthiest family in the empire, he long had his eyes on them. Jia Xing Tian only lacked an opportunity, and the present chaos happened to provide him with one.  

......

Everything happening outside had nothing to do with Xiao Ning. He took away the biggest slice of the cake, and now he needed time to digest it and improve the overall strength of Xiao Clan. 

He had already made the subsequent plans for the future, even before heading towards the Misty Cloud Sect. 

......

It was a rare peaceful night; Xiao Ning, who was in a deep sleep, woke up suddenly. Alarm bells rang in his mind as if a terrifying beast was staring at him. 

"Not bad." An archaic voice sounded in his mind. Even though he secretly released a trace of his presence, it wasn't something a Dou Spirit rank cultivator could detect. Hence, Xiao Ning's progress really surprised him. 

Xiao Ning's tensed body relaxed after hearing the familiar voice. 

"Senior," He cupped his hands and bowed slightly. Even in front of a Dou God, Xiao Ning maintained his dignity while showing him enough respect. 

An intense bright light flashed in the room that caused Xiao Ning to close his eyes. As the light faded, a humanoid silhouette appeared in the room. 

Xiao Ning curiously looked at the golden figure standing in front of him. 

Even after standing so close to him, all Xiao Ning could see was a vague figure bathing in golden light. 

"Don't be nervous and sit." His voice directly sounded in Xiao Ning's mind. 

Xiao Ning nodded and sat on the wooden floor. He didn't dare to put the airs of a patriarch in front of this mysterious senior. 

"Senior, is there a way to revive someone?" After sitting silently for a few minutes, Xiao Ning couldn't let go of Xi Yian and asked. 

He felt the mysterious Dou God in front of him was his only hope. 

As an alchemist, Xiao Ning knew there was a method to reconstruct the body, thus reviving the person. However, for Xi Yian, this method was useless.

She was neither an alchemist nor was her soul strong enough to survive after losing her body. 

......

The golden figure remained silent for a few moments, before answering, "No, even I do not possess such a heaven-defying method." 

Xiao Ning's face lost its color after not getting the answer he had hoped for. For a moment, he couldn't accept the reality, that a powerful Dou God, who stood above all, couldn't help him. 

The golden figure noticed his emotions and waited patiently. 

After a long time, he barely recovered and asked, "Senior, please speak." Xiao Ning knew the latter must have something important to share; otherwise, he wouldn't have manifested in front of him. 

"Boy, you have fulfilled the task given to you. I am here this time to give you the reward promised." 

Xiao Ning smiled wryly and thought, 'If it were up to me, I would rather not have this reward.' To him, this reward will always remind him of how he failed to protect Xi Yian. 

"I know what you are thinking, and it is not my place to comment." The golden figure shot a golden light from his hand. 

The golden light touched Xiao Ning's forehead and submerged into it. Only then did Xiao Ning understand the reward given to him. 

He opened his eyes in shock and stared at the golden figure. Xiao Ning felt the reward given to him was precious. No, it was too precious!

Xiao Ning felt with the reward, he needed to change the plans he had formulated for the future. Moreover, it would save him decades of time. 

"Boy, don't dwell in the past; look forward to the future. Maybe you might find what you are looking for." The golden figure disappeared in a flash. 

The room returned to its earlier state, and only Xiao Ning was sitting on the cold floor. Yet, his bright eyes revealed everything that happened earlier was true. 

Especially the last words the mysterious Dou God spoke to him stuck in his mind. Xiao Ning's mind became clear and he no longer dwelled in the past. 

'So what if there is no way to revive someone? I will find a path to so, and if there is no road ahead, then, I will create one!' Xiao Ning firmly thought to himself. 

......

The reward given to him significantly boosted his confidence. Now, Xiao Ning was more sure about becoming a Dou God. He also had an opportunity to transcend to an even higher state. 

It turned out that the mysterious Dou God provided Xiao Ning with three chances to unleash three blows equivalent to Dou God's rank. Furthermore, he also reshaped the secret realm into a small world and gave it to Xiao Ning. 

The Dou God rank secret realm could be ranked as one of the precious lands in the Dou Qi continent. Excluding the previous Xiao Clan's realm, there are only seven such realms present. 

Xiao Ning's eyes couldn't help but brighten. He could already foresee the rise of the Xiao Clan. 

Xiao Ning even wished to shift the clan there immediately. 

After a few breaths, he calmed down and planned for the future. 

4