Chapter 156
160 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, early morning, Xiao Ning ordered the servants to call the elders to his courtyard. 

Originally, it wasn't in his intent, but the events that occurred earlier in the night pushed Xiao Ning to change his previous plan. Moreover, the temporary chaos created by the Misty Cloud Sect's demise allowed him to act without casualties. 

Xiao Ning sat in the same clothes he wore yesterday and waited for the elders in his front courtyard. On the table in front of him, there were four freshly brewed tea cups placed. 

Soon, the three elders, including his grandfather, arrived and sat in the positions prepared for them. 

"Ning'er, what happened?" Xiao Ning's grandfather asked anxiously. He even forgot to address Xiao Ning as the patriarch in front of others. 

The other two elders smiled helplessly and ignored it. Who made Xiao Ning not their grandson?

Xiao Ning smiled wryly after seeing his grandfather's anxious look, and at the same time, he felt the warmth of family. 

He felt it was his fault for calling them early, making his grandfather think as if something was wrong. 

Xiao Ning shook his head and explained, "There is nothing wrong." 

"I have called you here to talk about the future of our clan." 

When they heard Xiao Ning's first sentence, they were about to let go of the worry in their hearts, and then Xiao Ning's second sentence caused their hearts to jump. 

"Patriarch, why do you ask?" 

The corner of Xiao Ning's eyes twitched when he heard this sentence. 'How can they be so big-hearted?' he thought.

Xiao Ning felt it would be a waste of time if he waited for them to react and figure it out by themselves. 

"As you all know, the Misty Cloud Sect has been exterminated, and it has caused chaos throughout the empire." 

"We, the Xiao Clan, have entered in the eyes of the behemoths of the empire. In any case, it can't be good for the Xiao Clan." 

The three elders reacted instantly after being pointed out by Xiao Ning. Their faces paled, and beads of sweat formed on their foreheads. 

None among the three was a naive child, and they understood the gravity of the situation. Moreover, they had experienced it once when the Xiao Clan was expelled from the Imperial Capital. 

"Patriarch, what do you have in your mind?" The grand elder asked the critical point. Rather than racking their brains to find a solution, he directly asked Xiao Ning. He felt if the latter had called them, he must have thought of a way to lead Xiao Clan out safely from this threat. 

Xiao Ning smiled; he liked talking to smart people. The grand elder's question meant his submission to Xiao Ning. 

Although, they supported Xiao Ning as the patriarch, but the elders still held considerable power in their hands. 

Furthermore, for his plans, Xiao Ning only needed one voice in the clan; otherwise, he had prepared to let go of the Xiao family.

......

Xiao Ning smiled even more after hearing the grand elder's words. 

"Yes, I have a plan. I intend to relocate the Xiao clan." 

For a moment, the three elders were stunned, and then their faces showed reluctance. 

The grand elder was about to speak, but Xiao Ning interrupted him and said, "I am not afraid to tell you; I am the one who slaughtered the Misty Cloud Sect and members of the Nalan Clan. Furthermore, I also possess the entire wealth of the Misty Cloud Sect." 

"To make Xiao Clan more powerful, and to protect it from harm, we need to relocate and stay hidden for a few years." 

'Hiss!' 

The three elders sucked in a cold breath; earlier, when Xiao Ning told them about the demise of the Misty Cloud Sect, they thought Xiao Ning was lucky to return unharmed. 

It turned out the other way around; Xiao Ning returned safely because he slaughtered everyone present. 

"What do we need to do?" The grand elder took a deep breath and asked. 

"The elders need to sell the Xiao Clan properties and purchase all the necessities required for the smooth functioning of the clan for at least three years." 

"You have a week; after that, we will leave Wu Tian City." Xiao Ning spoke calmly. 

"Yes!" After seeing the serious look on Xiao Ning's face, the three nodded firmly and left hastily. 

Although Xiao Clan was only a small clan rooted in Wu Tian City, even then, to relocate it discreetly was a tremendous task. 

Time was precious, and to prevent any wastage, the elders efficiently divided the tasks among themselves and acted swiftly. 

......

After they left Xiao Ning's courtyard, Xiao Ning sat alone, sipping tea. 

"Your Majesty," A black shadow appeared out of nowhere and kneeled in front of Xiao Ning. 

"Keep an eye on them," Xiao Ning spoke calmly; his eyes never left the teacup in his hand. 

Xiao Ning revealed his secret to the clan elders, although he trusted them. He also considered it as testing them. 

If they dared to do something stupid, he dared to make them pay the price. 

"Yes." With a short reply, the black shadow disappeared as if he was never present in the first place. 

The elders did not know that Xiao Ning had their actions monitored, and one wrong step would result in their deaths. 

......

On the other side, Xiao Zhan quickly left Wu Tian City after getting Xiao Ning's permission. 

Before Xiao Ning, he held the position of patriarch for decades, and over time, he had developed a delicate mind. 

Xiao Zhan knew if he remained in the clan any longer, he would become his son's weakness. 

From the moment Xiao Ning expelled Xiao Yan from the clan, he had mentally prepared himself to quit the clan, which he cultivated with his life. 

What surprised Xiao Zhan was that Xiao Ning let him go easily. It was too easy that Xiao Zhan remained vigilant the entire journey. 

It wasn't until he reached Desert Rock City that he let go of the worries in his heart. 

3