Chapter 157
102 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Zhan, who had left in a hurry, was unaware of the changes that occurred in the clan. If he knew about it, one could imagine the shock Xiao Zhan would have experienced. 

Pity Xiao Zhan's attention was only on his son's safety rather than thinking about the consequences of Xiao Yan's actions, which the Xiao Clan would have to pay. Undoubtedly, he is an excellent father but not a competent patriarch. 

Soon after reaching the Rock Desert City, Xiao Zhan noticed the strange atmosphere of the city, and a sense of unease arose in his mind. 

Xiao Zhan frowned and rushed toward the direction where the Desert Metal Mercenary Company was located. He was familiar with the route and quickly reached his destination. 

It seemed that Xiao Ding had already anticipated his arrival; the guards standing outside did not stop Xiao Zhan and led the latter to the main hall. 

......

Xiao Ding and Xiao Li were sitting and discussing some important matters. The frowns on their faces showed that they had encountered something difficult. 

Suddenly, a mercenary walked in without permission and said, "Captain, vice-captain, your father is here." 

Xiao Ding remained indifferent, not angry with the mercenary's sudden intrusion. He showed excellent qualities of a leader; on the other hand, Xiao Li, the second in command, had a violent temper.

True to his personality, Xiao Li was about to shout when he stopped in his tracks, after learning about his father. 

"Thank you for notifying us; we will be there shortly." Xiao Ding spoke calmly and watched the mercenary leave. 

"Second brother! It seems that I have predicted it correctly." 

Although it looked like Xiao Ding was showing off his intellect; however, there was no trace of happiness in his voice. 

Xiao Li became silent after hearing this and lost his temper. 

"Are we really going to do that?" He asked reluctantly. 

Xiao Ding shook his head and did not comment. 

"Let's meet our father first." 

Xiao Li nodded and followed him. 

......

As Xiao Ding and Xiao Li entered the hall, Xiao Zhan's eyes became red, and he hugged them. 

Xiao Zhan's warm hug conveyed his emotions to his sons, and both Xiao Ding and Xiao Li trembled. 

After a few father-son moments, they sat together and started talking business. 

Before anything else, Xiao Zhan hastily inquired about Xiao Yan. 

Both Xiao Ding and Xiao Li smiled wryly after seeing this, and they had the same expression, 'I knew it.' 

Xiao Ding and Xiao Li knew their father's personality and how much he doted on their youngest brother. 

As the elder brothers, they weren't envious of it; instead, they followed their father's nature and also doted on Xiao Yan. The sole purpose of creating the Desert Metal Mercenary Group was to support Xiao Yan if he didn't perform well in the coming-of-age event held by the clan. 

"Come in," Xiao Ding didn't respond to Xiao Zhan, looked at the door and spoke softly. 

'Creak!' With a soft sound, a young man in black robes walked in and removed the hood covering his face. 

After seeing the familiar face under the hood, Xiao Zhan stood up excitedly, "Yan'er." He hurried forward and hugged his son. 

"Father!" Xiao Yan spoke in a choked voice, his eyes slightly red. 

Xiao Ding and Xiao Li remained silent and did not intervene. 

......

After a while, the four sat peacefully, and Xiao Yan broke the silence. 

"Father, what is the situation in the clan?" 

As Xiao Yan's voice fell, Xiao Zhan froze, and his face showed an embarrassed expression. 

He took a deep breath and asked, "Yan'er, did you attack the patriarch?" 

Now, it was Xiao Yan's turn to become embarrassed. He thought for a while before deciding to tell everything. 

Xiao Zhan, Xiao Ding, and Xiao Li remained silent the entire time, while Xiao Yan recounted everything that had happened. The whole time their expressions kept changing drastically. 

In the end, Xiao Zhan slumped in his seat while muttering to himself. Beside him, Xiao Ding and Xiao Li frowned, and their faces became cloudy. 

Xiao Ning's strength and influence brought a great shock to them. How could they protect themselves with the current strength of their mercenary group? 

"Father, how will the clan punish the third brother?" Xiao Ding asked. He felt that, with the power Xiao Ning possesses, if they wanted to harm Xiao Yan, he would have already done it. 

Now, not only the third brother is safe, but his father is also unharmed. 

Xiao Zhan looked over and spoke hoarsely, "After I pleaded on his behalf, the patriarch only expelled him from the clan. From now on, Xiao Yan is no longer a member of the Xiao clan." 

Although Xiao Zhan knew Xiao Ning gave him a face by showing mercy, he still felt uncomfortable knowing his son was expelled from the clan. 

"HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?" Xiao Li roared. 

Even the calmest one, Xiao Ding, clenched his fist, and his eyes were cold. 

Xiao Yan, the protagonist, laughed bitterly, and tears flowed down his cheeks. Even though he didn't have a good relationship with many people in the clan, he was still a part of the Xiao Clan. 

Now? Xiao Yan once again understood how it feels to be abandoned. 

"Father, will you return to Xiao Clan?" Xiao Yan asked in a hoarse voice. He felt uncomfortable after thinking his father might return to the clan. 

"Father, it is not safe to return." 

"Father, why don't you stay with us? Anyway, our father and sons have just reunited." 

One after another, Xiao Ding and Xiao Li persuaded Xiao Zhan to stay. 

"You brats!" Xiao Zhan scolded with a smile. His heart began to tilt towards them. Furthermore, he came prepared. 

Xiao Zhan nodded. 

Afterward, they began discussing countermeasures to deal with the potential threat Xiao Ning posed. 

At this moment, Yao Lao's illusionary body appeared from the ring, and he said, "Brat, there is only one way to deal with Xiao Ning; by devouring heavenly flames. Only then can you improve quickly." 

No one was surprised by Yao Lao's sudden appearance; Xiao Yan had already told others about his existence. 

2