Chapter 158
128 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After reassuring his father and elder brothers, Xiao Yan returned with a gloomy look to his room. Xiao Ning and the snake-people tribe were like heavy mountains pressing over his shoulders. 

Xiao Yan had always believed in himself, even after losing his hard-earned dou qi, Xiao Yan still persisted. For three years, he endured all kinds of humiliation. After that, he spent the next three years lingering on the gates of death. 

With the self-confidence built by trial of life and death, Xiao Yan laid a solid foundation for his future. 

Fate mocks people; Xiao Yan learned this firsthand. From his initial indifference to later being shocked by Xiao Ning's performance, Xiao Yan witnessed it all. 

For the first time in his life, Xiao Yan felt hopeless. The series of Xiao Ning's actions in the Misty Could Sect shook his heart. 

.....

"Brat," Yao Lao noticed something was wrong with Xiao Yan. He felt if he didn't act soon; Xiao Yan might develop a heart demon, which is not conducive to his future. 

"Have you given up?" Yao Lao asked in a heavy tone. 

"No, but...." Xiao Yan shook his head. 

"Xiao Yan, there are numerous geniuses on the continent; a single Xiao Ning is nothing compared to the real heavenly wizard. If you can't even overcome Xiao Ning. Then, let's forget it." 

"I will find other ways to revive myself." Yao Lao spoke harshly. 

Xiao Yan sat stunned after being scolded by his teacher. He remembered his promise to his teacher, and the confusion in his heart cleared up. 

"I see, thank you, teacher." Xiao Yan's eyes showed his inner stubbornness. 

To efficiently utilize his time Xiao Yan sat cross-legged and began cultivating his dou qi. 

After seeing Xiao Yan's actions, Yao Lao felt gratified. A light flashed in the depth of his eyes, and Yao Lao silently made a decision. 

'There is not much time left, my silly disciple. What kind of teacher would I be if I can't even protect you?' He thought. 

The next second, an ordinary token appeared in his palm, and Yao Chen crushed it. 

Yao Chen's illusionary body remained floating as if waiting for someone. 

Not long after, a crack appeared in the space, and from within, a figure in black clothes walked out. He glanced around for a moment before looking at Yao Chen. 

"Say." He asked in a low but heavy voice.

It was a simple word, but Yao Chen felt unimaginable pressure as if his body was about to sink. 

"Senior," Yao Chen hurriedly cupped his hands and greeted him. 

"Say, what do you want?" The black robe man nodded and asked again. 

"Senior, can you resurrect me?" Yao Chen asked nervously. He hoped to get a positive response. 

The black-robed man stood silent for a few moments before he responded, "Have you collected three heavenly flames? What about the pill?" 

The black-robed man's question rendered Yao Chen speechless. He also had a rare embarrassed expression; Yao Chen knew he was too greedy. 

"Can you help me restore my spirit body?" Then Yao Chen thought to settle for the second best thing. 

The black-robed man thought for a moment and then nodded. He then blended in the air and vanished. 

Yao Chen smiled wryly after seeing the latter's mysterious means. Even at his peak, Yao Chen couldn't do it. 

He looked at Xiao Yan's sleeping face, and a soft light flashed in his eyes. With a sigh, Yao Chen's body turned into a white light and disappeared into the ring. 

......

On the other side, in Wu Tian City, the three elders acted swiftly, and the entire Xiao Clan bought resources on a massive scale. To prevent any leakage, they also hid it from the Primer auction house. 

There are indeed no soundproof walls, and even after taking many precautions, some people still noticed the Xiao Clan's actions. 

The two other prominent clans acted immediately and sent spies to collect information. Apart from the local forces, the Xiao Clan's actions caught the eye of another hostile hidden force. It was none other than the Hall of Souls. 

The Hall of Souls monitored the Xiao Clan for a long time, but due to the presence of Gu Clan, they remained at bay. 

At present, the Gu Clan's members left Wu Tian City with Xiao Xun er, giving them the perfect opportunity. 

......

Six days passed by, and only a day remained before the Xiao Clan would migrate from Wu Tian City. 

"Your Majesty, there are a lot of people around the clan," the protector from the snake-people clan stood behind Xiao Ning and spoke respectfully. 

While talking about the people who were either spying around or came with malicious intentions, his eyes were full of disdain. If it weren't for Xiao Ning, who had yet to give an order, he would have slaughtered them all. 

Xiao Ning sneered; he wasn't worried about them; only the Hall of Souls was worthy. 

"Tonight, clean up all the garbage; before leaving, it shall be my last gift for them." A cold light flashed in Xiao Ning's eyes. 

"Yes, your Majesty," the black-robed snake-people tribe leader obeyed and left Xiao Ning's courtyard. 

"It's time," Xiao Ning muttered to himself; he left his room, and walked towards the main hall. 

......

As the Moonlight shone, heart-piercing screams resounded throughout the city. Blood splattered across, painting the city red. Broken corpses were scattered throughout the city. 

Overnight, the lively Wu Tian City crumbled into dust. Xiao Ning was helpless; he had no other choice. 

It was the only way, to make others believe that Xiao Clan ceased to exist. Furthermore, Xiao Ning chose to be ruthless to protect the clan. 

......

The entire Xiao Clan left quietly and looked at the city in flames with mixed emotions. Xiao Ning and the snake-people leader protected the rest from the shadows. While the elders were responsible for maintaining the rest. 

Taking advantage of the night, the Xiao Clan traveled toward the magical beast mountain. They couldn't risk going through the official roads; otherwise, everything would be for nothing. 

Xiao Ning would rather choose a more dangerous path than be found out by others. 

2