Chapter 2
30 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ryusei made it to school but he was late and the teacher already started class.

‘’I better get to my seat without getting noticed or I might not make it home today’’.

He opened the door and stepped in slowly. He started to tiptoe and did not make a single noise but he sneezed.

Achooooo~

‘’Oh damn I’m so screwed’’

The teacher was instantly angered once she saw him trying to sneak in and threw an eraser at his head causing him to fall into a wall which made a loose book on the top shelf to fall and thump him on his head.

thump …. OUCH

‘’Why are you always late to class? You better fix up or you will fall behind everyone else’’.

Miss Noelle continued to yell at Ryusei while he was rubbing his head, she then told him to go find his seat and that he better focus on class today or he will be permanently stuck to a book at the end of the day.

classmates laughing

‘’I better start sleeping earlier to get to class on time or I might lose my head’’.

He pulled out his chair from under the desk, it made a loud screeching noise. This made him look around nervously for disturbing the other classmates, he nodded slightly forwards as a sign of apology.

Ryusei sat down and started to open his book and move through the book’s pages as Miss Noelle started to talk about maths.

‘’Ugh maths, I hate maths I wonder when history will start. It’s basically the only part of the class that gets me up’’

One hour of Miss Noelle talking about numbers has passed and Ryusei was just about to fall asleep.

A boy from the table next to him his name is Watanabe he nudges him and tells him that the history class today is going to be about the beginning of the world and how he’s super excited too, Ryusei was in disbelief.

‘’Yeah dude I’m not lying, today is the day we find out how this world started I can’t wait it’s going to be so awesome! Don’t you think so too Rabi?’’.

Rabi is the boy sitting next to Watanabe, he has flat slightly long hair with one side a little longer than the other. He flicks his hair behind his head and smirks.

‘’I can’t believe you two are such kids, haha you find history fun? This school is lame I rather go talk to some girls especially the ones from the Holy Sword Academy they feisty heh.

Watanabe starts to facepalm then proceeds to lecture Rabi how every class is important but history is the most exciting one of them all. In the heated moment, he stands on his chair without noticing his surroundings.

‘’We the students of Stardust Academy are the hopes of Bal village!’’

As everyone in class starts to argue Miss Noelle quiets everyone with her loud voice, this made everyone shudder with fear and back into their seats but Watanabe was too slow and she grabbed onto his ear and pulled him off the chair.

As she quiets down the class she let’s go of Watanabe giving him a warning, another student called Mel starts to voice her opinion.

She has long blue hair with a green hairband and she has this small bow on her collar, she is sitting with her left elbow on the desk and her hand twirling her hair while leaning.

‘’We are kidding ourselves let’s face reality everyone, calling ourselves an academy is just a joke, we are just peasants our so-called Bal village is just a junkyard that Lu city hasn’t cleared out for new buildings, in the Holy Sword academy we are nothing’’.

This causes everyone in the class to have gloomy expressions, their eyes stared at their desk in shame and frustration.

Miss Noelle slams a book onto her desk to cause a loud noise startling everyone, they are now all looking at her.

‘’So you are just going to give up? After hearing such dribble you are just going to look at your feet and just go home to feel bad. This is just some bullsh*t that Lu city has determined, So what if that prestigious a*s kissing academy is bigger and nicer than our broken-down hut. They are just small differences. I promise you they don’t have more heart than you kids.

This made everyone look forward with courage and excitement including Ryusei. 

Mel looked away but you could see her previous opinion started to waver.

A few classmates started to shout out positive things, and everyone asked Miss Noelle to tell them how the earth is how it is.

Miss Noelle then started to tell everyone the history of planet earth.

Long ago the earth’s burning yellow sun turned into a dark blue eye. It’s got the exterior of the moon but much larger, as the sun started to transform it moved closer to the earth causing the gravitational pull to increase.

Water levels rose and the earth was tearing itself apart from rotating so quickly, call it luck or not the Monarchs saw this would be a problem to them in the long run so they stopped the earth which saved the survivors.

At first, people were freaked out and started to panic and that’s when they came, a group of people who started to follow the Monarchs and betrayed their humanity they are called the Sacred Heavenly Law and are the emissaries of the Monarchs who live on the dark blue eye planet.

After 5 years we have adapted most of the people have started to follow the SHL and became nobles but that’s no life to live they became brainwashed and turned their backs on their fellow human beings stating they are above humanity and are now the Monarch’s chosen ones.

Others became part of what we are, outcasts we don’t belong with the nobles because we either don’t have enough money or do not stand for their ideologies which is your life is not yours it’s the Monarchs, live and die for them.

The Sacred Heavenly Law established an empire centre of the earth; it was their stronghold and some say where the Monarchs first descended they also made several academies all to grow their army for the Monarchs.

For what, we don’t know.

Miss Noelle takes a seat and lets out a deep sigh, she then scratches her head. 

“Alas we don’t know what the SHL’s master plan is all we can do is live our lives, but don’t worry kids maybe the world will change back one day”.

The bell rang, and everyone was shocked Miss Noelle’s history lecture got their attention so deeply that they forgot it was close to the end of class.

The students started to collect their bags and stand up bidding goodbye to their teacher and thanking her for the motivation.

Ryusei in deep thought was startled when a girl called Miku tapped his shoulder.

She has short light brown hair and a red braid on the left side of her head.

“Jinsei come on it’s home time, did you focus so much that you got put in a trance by Miss Noelle? Ah boys, no match for a mature beautiful like her”.

Miss Noelle seems to have crept up behind, she cast her shadow over Miku which caused her to be nervous.

Her eyes looked like they were twitching and she started to stutter the teacher’s name.

Miss Neollo clears her throat.

“Who’s a mature beauty, Miku? Are you calling me old?”

Miku gets nervous and denies such claims and drags Ryusei from class saying goodbye to Miss Noelle.

As they were leaving Ryusei and Miss Noelle locked eyes.

She thanks him for listening so well in class and hopes to see him tomorrow in class on time.

Ryusei and Miku are walking in Lu city on their way home, they pass several cars and stores and talk about how Miss Noelle’s story was very interesting. 

Suddenly Ryusei’s pupils get wider and he feels a calm refreshing feeling in his chest, something he has not felt in so many years.

He frantically looks around and sees a shadow in an alleyway nearby so he rushes towards it.

‘’I’ll catch up with you tomorrow Miku I got to go something come up.’’

He ran towards the alleyway slightly dodging all the people and objects in his way, as he was trying to squeeze by a person the shadow vanished.

He was breathing hard and bending down with both his hands on his knees, he looked around but could find nothing.

He thought in his mind what was that and why did his heart feel so peaceful, normally he felt a more hurtful sensation.

Since he was a baby Ryusei has had a special ability where he could feel two opposite forces, A evil feeling of hopelessness that puts him under a strange pressure which makes him powerless. The ones who exert this force have evil intentions for those around and or Ryusei himself, the other force well it’s been so long he’s only felt this once and that was as a baby so he never thought of it but it’s a force that's the complete opposite of the evil one.

Ryusei clenched his chest over his heart and tried to remember his parents but couldn’t.

‘’Who were my parents, and why can’t I remember them but this feeling I felt it’s so familiar and so new at the same time. Like I haven't felt it in so long that I forgot it but now it’s slowly making its way back, does this mean my life will turn out better.

It was near night time and everyone else had gone to bed including Gramps and he was a night owl but today he felt really cold so he slept pretty soon, Ryusei also prepared to go to sleep and covered himself with the blanket.

Past midnight everyone was asleep in Bal village and the wind was gentle til a huge gust of wind came crashing towards the villager’s homes, Ryusei still fully asleep felt a small pain in his heart which suddenly shot up and he could feel the foulest evil force he’s ever felt in his life.

He woke up in a cold sweat and started to shiver, you could see the goosebumps on his arms and the sweat on his brow. His hand tightly gripping the blanket but his body shaking, He gulps and tries to breathe but it seemed he couldn’t for a second.

He collapses on the floor and crawls to the corner of his house while trembling in fear, holding himself while sitting down in the corner he covers his body with the blanket to hide.

He clenches his chest, his heart feels as if it's being stabbed and crushed, his arms and legs are losing feeling and his head is being drowned out of thought. His eyes were trembling from what he just saw.

A shadowy hand pressed up against his window, it looked ghastly and horrifying. He knew he should not look closer but he couldn’t help it and he saw its eyes. They looked psychotic and filled with anger and evil. The evil force was about to break Ryusei’s mind as it was creeping deeper and deeper, Ryusei closed his eyes fearing it might kill him.

But it disappeared as quickly as it came, Ryusei could finally breathe properly and the stress he underwent turned to exhaustion.

He leans on the wall and his breathing gets longer between each interval, his eyes close and slowly he slides to the floor. His hand still over his heart he passes out, spending the rest of the night where he lays.

He fell into a dream where he felt like he was drowning, unable to speak or breath he couldn’t even move the tips of his finger. His mind was completely blank, the only thing he could faintly feel was his heart beating.

Gramps sees Ryusei on the floor and quickly rushes to his side gently holding him up, he pats off the dust and dirt on his shoulder and hugs Ryusei telling him to wake up.

‘’Come on kid wake up what happened why are you on the floor, it’s okay I’m here did you slip? Let’s find any wounds and patch them up.’’

The concern in Gramps's voice slowly woke Ryusei, he opened his eyes and tried to speak but his voice was dry, He coughs.

Gramps gives him some water and pats his back as he drinks it, Ryusei explained to the old man what happened last night and the old man told him it was just a nightmare there's nothing to worry about.

He helps Ryusei onto the bed and gives him breakfast, Ryusei starts eating and realizes class is soon and he should be there early today. He grabs his new clothes and backpack and leaves the house thanking the old man.

‘’Be Careful kid I’ll see you when you get back home’’.

Ryusei made it to class with a second to spare. A new teacher he did not recognize welcomes him and tells him why the rush, Ryusei explained Miss Noelle told him to come early and asks where she is.

The new teacher tells him that he’s substituting for her today she called in sick, the rest of the class groaned and started to whine how Miss Noelle made class fun, the new teacher looked nervous but reigned them all in with the announcement of an upcoming school festival.

Hours went by of everyone talking about what the festival will be and how everyone will contribute to it, It was home time Miku, Watanabe and Rabi asked Ryusei if he wanted to come with them but he thought in his mind on investigating that alleyway from yesterday maybe he could find a clue.

Ryusei in deep thought while walking, who was that last night and was it really a dream. He came up to a traffic light when he felt that relaxing feeling in his heart, he desperately looked around and saw across the road that a shadowy next to some pedestrians.

He started to walk without thinking and suddenly a car slammed its break in front of Ryusei, he snapped out of the trance he was in and the shadowy figure was gone after Ryusei looked at the car.

‘’That was close, huh where did it go I swear it was right there’’.

A gargantuan man stepped out cursing him. It was a very big guy with this blonde buzz cut and a round chin, he grabbed Ryusei and demanded payment for his car.

‘’Who’s going to pay for this you ret*rd, don’t you hear me where you from you little sh*t. Huh is that a Bal Village emblem on your bag. So you are from that junkyard eh? Hahahaha then you can’t pay for sh*t.’’

Before Ryusei could say anything the big jerk punched him in the stomach causing Ryusei to cough and bend slightly.

cough

‘’Sir please listen to me, it was all a mistake.’’

The big jerk grabbed Ryusei’s head and slapped him, telling him the only mistake was him being born. He then proceeded to punch Ryusei several times causing blood on his hand.

‘’Disgusting peasant blood on my glorious hands, I’m going to beat you to death you little f*cker’’.

The big jerk kept on punching Ryusei, by now he must have broken at least one rib. He then slammed the boy into the concrete road knocking him out, people started to watch but no one helped him out. They only laughed, watched and recorded it with their phones.

The gigantic man then grabbed Ryusei and dragged his body towards an alleyway, he then threw him into the trash and started laughing as everyone was cheering for him.

‘’Hahaha, little f*cker that’s where you belong you better pray yo have died from my beating because the reality of this world will kill you in a more cruel way.’’

Humans have become so evil that they would do that to their own because of his background, no one can save this doomed planet in fact having it rot away would benefit the whole universe.

Night has come and the street has become empty. It must be past midnight, not one human in sight except for.

groan cough

‘’That a*shole actually thought he killed me, I’ll f*ck him up next time I see him.

Ryusei was all bloodied and tried to get himself up by grabbing hold of the wall, he was slow but that was expected with the beating he took. He limped and held onto whatever he could and slowly made it to a public bench where he let out a sigh.

He started to talk to himself and cried. You could see the drop of his tears flow down his face, he started to stutter as he talked and you could tell there's sadness in his voice.

hick

‘’Why is this world so unfair a person can be judged from where they are from and can be beaten in front of others with no help, this is just bullsh*t! Why are we being treated so unfairly? If only I had the power to save people like me If only I had the power to save myself ...’’

Suddenly a full force of sinister erupted and started to cover the whole area, Ryusei could feel strong pain in his heart it was the same one from yesterday night, with Ryusei being out in the open and injured he couldn't run.

This black fog started to cover everything and push itself into one point, a figure walked out of that point and looked at Ryusei. 

It was fully black and had 6 purple eyes, it’s height was 6 ft and had these long arms.

It started to walk toward Ryusei and the pressure of this evil force was suffocating him and causing him to lose his balance, he held onto the bench and tried to get himself up but ended up falling next to it and lay on the floor with his back on the bench.

The evil force got stronger the black figure started to run towards Ryusei which caused him to shout and put his arms up to block it.

‘’Is this how I'm going to die? Please no please someone save me, is there no god in this world please save me if you can hear me. PLEASE SAVE ME!’’.

clash

Ryusei’s heart suddenly feels a surge of this happy feeling, it feels warm, relaxing and calm. He slowly opens his eyes to see someone in front of him.

Long spiky hair, arms with large handcuffs and chains dangling. He had one arm slightly bent but next to his sides while the other one was stretched out in front of him holding back the black figure. He had these two horns one lightly curved while the other one broken and these blue eyes that have this reliable feeling.

He speaks.

‘’Foolish Monarch follower you have been pestering me for a while and now you have the galls to attack someone who has piqued my interest, I shall destroy you and obliterate your soul.’’

The arm on his side he started to clench his fist and a bright light emitted from it, It was a blackish-red flame that started to surround his fist. He then punched the black figure causing a huge light to envelope the entire area.

When Ryusei could see all that black fog was gone and particles of light started to float in the air, it looked like the night sky with stars everywhere. The thing that saved him looked at Ryusei and smiled.

‘’So what if there's no God in this world what's so great about them all they care for is taking over everything, don't be blinded by them kid go home and rest that thing won’t come for you again’’.

He then vanished before Ryusei could thank him he had gone, he left a starry night sky for everyone to see.

‘’What’s feeling in my chest and why is it so warm and relaxing it’s like a feeling of Hope’’.

<Chapter 2> End

2