Arc 0 Part 4.
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While thinking about the state of the war I was walking to my house. I rented it before departing to the mission so I place to stay, Jorhs did the same. 

-Arg.- I felt something, did I bump into someone?

Looking at the floor there were a young boy, about 17 I guess. Black hair, black eyes, black clothes. Aren't you the edgy type? Are you gonna look at me with a I'll gonna kill face? 

Ah, right I nearly lost myself on those transcendental thoughts of mine.

-Hey, are you alright?- I tried to put a kind face, well I did, because I don't have a militar veteran scary uncle face, do I?

He was standing up and didn't seem like he got hurt, so I guess it was good enough.

-Y-yes...I'm sorry.- He said before running. I know I'm good looking but that much that even a little boy will run shyly. Sadly I'm not into sticks fights, so poor boy. It would be even sadder if I was his first love. Well, having my face is a blessing and a curse breaking hearts wherever I go.

Not wasting more time I gave a look at my surroundings before resuming my journey home. What I saw? 

A place bursting with life. Even when everything seems grey people still strive for a colorful life and that made them beautiful. Working with a purpose, crying and laughing. Truly they are the best. I wish to be able to do that, but if I did that I wouldn't be able to keep my sanity. Sometimes hollowing yourself it's the only way to keep going. 

Really...losing myself in though make me too nostalgic. That wasn't bad, but thinking on pointless things won't do anything, only using my feets to reach my goal will help me to retain myself as a "good person", because I wasn't far from the line that divide what is an ally and what not.

It wasn't long before I reached the door of the building where my apartment was located. Seeing it I felt how lost I was in myself to walk that much without realizing it, more surprising was that I didn't bump into someone. While It wasn't that far from the HQ building it was still a good ten minutes walk. 

Often people say that for those who fight to the death thinking too much is a mistake. Losing track on oneself for a second can be the end. While this wasn't a battlefield it wasn't that safe either, just a thief could easily have rob me, although if I think about that kind of situation I don't really have anything to steal though.

I shook my head for a bit before going inside. This was a small apartment block with 8 floors. It wasn't a marvel or anything just a plain looking rectangular structure with windows evenly placed. The flats here wasn't nothing out the ordinary either. A hall that would end on the living room, kitchen and dinning room, a corridor to the two rooms and one bathroom.

(https://ibb.co/9T2WnQw I'm not a artist)

It didn't take too long before I was seated on the couch of my temporary home.

-Aaaaaaaah- I released a long tired sigh. 

The whole situation was mind boggling but not in a good way. I was going to become the teacher of some lads who are most likely die for nothing. I don't want to be pessimistic but I couldn't really understand why the sudden attack. While I got some ideas after thinking it thoroughly. The Nhoma nest were living beings, so they have to eat, and what they eat? That's an easy question. Anything, it doesn't matter what, they will devour any kind of matter. 

We don't really know how they work but they can convert matter into energy and energy into matter, so yes, that means that they can make steel or water out of thin air, convert dirt into gold, anything really. In fact, nhomas wasn't born as humans but gestated for the gestation chamber of a nest. The energy used and time to create a nhoma was related to their tier and potential, low tiered and weak one could be produced by thousands per day. 

Also, as they will absorb any kind of matter the nest has to expand to reach more"food sources", as they grow the power of the nhoma born on them also grows, so if they want to destroy that nest, it could mean that It expanded enough to be a lethal threat to the frontline.


I apologise for missing last week, work got really busy and I didn't have enough time to write. I wanted to write three chapters this week, one for the missing one, the one from this week, and an extra one. But I'm still really busy so It'll have to wait. As always if you see any kind of mistake please be as kind as to tell me. See you and hope you're enjoying the story so far ^^!

 

0