Arc 0 Part 6.
19 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
We'll keep the same POV as the last chapter


The mood returned to usual cheerful one, but deep inside I could feel a kind of unrest, was it really to scare us? While they for sure can do it...still...

Guess there is no use to think about it more, whatever it is in the end it won't matter as we only have one choice, obey.

-Hey, Kaiser, daydreaming again about Sophi...- He didn't finish his phrase.

Enma cover her mouth and looked at me with amazement.

-Is this...this is the Kaiser gonna kill you face!?- 

-Cough- I tried to hide my embarrassment. It's not like it's that bad my face or something, but for some reason everyone started calling it like that, what gonna kill you face? Can't someone smile quietly without becoming some kind of psycho? 

-Don't be mad bro, even we you have a veteran soldier style of face, a bear like body and a bully aura. We still can be friends!- That didn't made my feel better by the way.

-No comments.- Making a poker face I lamented my suffering, why did I've to make friends with those two...

*RIIIIIIINNNNG*

Uhm...time to go to class.. In the military academy we had three sets of classes everyday except on weekends, that we only had one. The first set was from 7:00 am to 14:30 pm, it was mostly theoretical classes, some common skills, history of the human civilization and wars, first aids and basic medical knowledge, computer skills, mechanical knowledge, physics and also strategy acumen classes. After those we'd rest for two hours, so our next set started at 16:30 until 18:00, this one was for practical courses, like weapon maintenance, driving skills...

After another rest of about 30 minutes at 18:30 we would starting our last set of classes for the day, it was a 3 hours long one about pure military training. This was the kind of live that everyone had to live. While it could seems hard after some months you'll get used to it, but, night training was for sure something no one could cope with. It was like a surprise exam, your instructor would come to the rooms and wake up everyone to start another round of military training but in the darkness of the night and this didn't affect the classes of the next morning at all.

At first you'll fell asleep on the classes, but after you get punished one or two times you'll really try your hardest to keep yourself awake. That was the kind of life we all students will live. Was it harsh? I didn't think so after all can I really complain about this, while people are fighting in the frontlines?

In fact, it can be said to be blessed with a strong body with a exceptional endurance. Not many people at my class could keep with me when it came to physical activities, while Tir for example wasn't bad at all, but he couldn't keep with my pace for too long. Of course. when it came to sniping skills I couldn't even hit a static target, so I was tasked with the heavy machine gun. Not need to know how to aim, not need to think about useless think before shooting just pull the trigger and let hell loose. 

About Enma...well she was kind of a average, she wasn't as good as Tir, better than me sure, it wasn't too hard for starters. She did excelled a bit in melee combat, might be because girls are more flexible but she was good at it. Still not quite enough to be considered one of the best of the class. Speaking of melee combat, there were also a boy how called himself "Master of the death hand" or something like that, he was a jerk, but a really strong one.

Thinking a bit more about my class it was strange how we were not that bad, but we were still the worst class of the academy. For example, I should be at class A, but I refused. I wanted to be with Tir and Enma, although they are annoying they are still my precious friends. 

-Hey, Tir, what was again?- I asked.

-I think...equipment maintenance?- As i thought he wasn't sure either, most times we would know for sure but as a the new instructor was coming the schedule could be easily changed and that was something I didn't wish for. We were walking to the classroom when we spotted a monster. I froze just by looking at him. I don't know how they fared before that...monstruos aura. It was so oppressive like I was looking at a death god itself. 

-Do you need something?- He gazed as us with a stoic expression, his voice was calm and deep. His face was kind of young but there was clear signs of ageing from extreme stress. His scarred face was a testament to the fights he survived. Such was the impression he gave me that I wouldn't ever forget his tired eyes.

-A-ah, no, s-sorry for bordering you, sir.- Tir was the first to compose himself and answer while standing at attention. Both Enma and me mimicked him as if we were soldier before a higher up. His face softened a bit.

-It's okay, you don't have too, still good form, keep the good work.- He passed by us without saying more but it wasn't until several minutes that we relaxed a bit.

-W-who was him? The new instructor?- Enma asked still scared. 

-I...I guess so, but he didn't seems that bad, right?- Tir was right, he seemed quite cool, but that oppresive and bloody aura around him...I couldn't put into words how it felt to us. I'm sure if were enemies we wouldn't be able to see the sunshine again it was that sort of insurmountable feeling.

I know it's a bit later than usual, but also the chapter it's about 50% longer than what I usually do, hope you're liking my little work as much as I do writing it. If you see any kind of mistake, pls tell me so I can correct them ^^. I have some character art being drawed by a friend!

0