Arc 0 Part 7.
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Callan POV again!  This gonna be a really long chapter! Long enough that I ended cutting in 4 parts...


These three students were part of my class. By the way they were looking at me with horrified faces and stiff bodies they couldn't handle a bit of killing intent. What a disappointment. I thought they could do something if I just hold myself back but it was to not avail it seems. 

I don't really blame them, it was their first time,  still conquering your own fear and pushing through was what made me survive, so the first time I should teach them  what fear is. I'll be their worst nightmare.

I've been walking around the campus and everything looked quite great, 30 years ago this would be impossible. Most of the so called "Militaries academies" were downright concentration camps were young man were abused so they became tough soldiers. I was one of them. Some of the rookies who I've lead to the battlefield asked me if I regretted it. 

Do I regret the nightmarish training? Of course not! 

How I'm supposed to hate something that saved my life? Nowadays even the war is milder compared to the "old days". We got a foothold and a solid defense line, more advanced weaponry capable of wiping out any kind of threat, but it wasn't like that years ago. 

Leaving alone those times. The quality of the place is quite high, the academy even got an VR battle room with that I can bring them to "hell" without caring about the causalities. To be true I didn't want to be the villain in this story. If what I know about them is true is most likely that I'll have to kill some to make an example of what will happen if you don't follow the military regulations. I don't want to but as a short time method fear is the more effective. 

Sigh.

I'll be starting as their instructor in three days more. So I've about near to 4 month to train them. The optimal way should be real training in real mission...Should I ask the HQ for some "easy" low priority operations against scavengers or something? This would lead to some death among the students but that was something to be expected, we were at war. Dying for your species supremacy sounds good enough I guess. I know I said that using the VR would be a great way and it is, but a safe environment won't create good soldiers and bad soldiers won't survive in a helpless war that's why although VR it's a great thing it won't help them to overcome the wall that separate someone who did fought in a real battlefield and someone who didn't. 

Gezz. I'm going to be quite busy. I didn't even started and I already miss my calm life. With calm life I mean fighting all year around. After so many battles I kinda feel uncomfortable in places were war seems so far away. What I only got a free day in this last two years? It's not like I didn't have the choice to have some holidays but I've being killing for so long that I'm already messed up. I used to mourn for the dead but now...It feels pointless. It's not like I can't feel anymore yet everything looks dull in my eyes, for people like me, the only place where we can't forgot what we truly are is the frontline.

While I was thinking that much useless crap I came to realize than I've been walking all the time. Why does it matter? Well I was lost. How does a war veteran lost himself that much in thought that he ended losing his way inside the campus of an academy? I don't know, I've never been praised for my sense of directions that's for sure.

In front of me was what I think was a vast field, if I've to say it myself it should be some kind of training field. It was devoid of people or it should be based in the schedule I've already memorised but still I could spot two youngsters. 

A boy and a girl, quite alike appearance wise, I suppose they are twins or something. Both got jet black hair and eyes. The girl had a beautiful straight long hair, I couldn't see her face but most likely she had also straight fringes. The boy on the other hand had the I don't give a fuck hairstyle you know that one that you'll have after waking up from a wild night, yes, that one.

Should I go and ask them for directions?  

Hello! You'll see more chapters this week, this being the first of at least 3. This was supposed to be an single chapter but It was too long. Also, as Callan said his world is a dull one.

This can be in conflict with his outburst on the second chapter but as he said is not like he can't feel, he does have emotions and suddens outburst but are very short. Most of the time he is in a state where everything is grey, in other words he is used to be helpless against fate, seing friends die, leading people to certain dead in suicide missions...etc. He does get angry, he want to burst apart the head of the high-up that gave those orders...

But will that bring them back to live? Will that stop people from dying?

No, it won't, this is a war and he is a soldier. He will fight until the very end may he like it or not. I also know that I'm not really doing complex or long descriptions and I'll be working on that!

See you again this week!

 

0