Arc 0 Part 11
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Kaiser POV. A day later. Warfare history and strategy class

 

"As we all know the war started 53 years ago. We were at the verge of extinction, but fortunately we were able to turn around our situation. Can any of you tell me the first turning point?"

I was going to raise my hand but someone was faster. He was called Lucas, the nerd lord. I'm not one to judge but he was weak, really weak for a soldier in training. His knowledge was top-notch in every field but when it came to physical training he couldn't even cope with the most light training. 

Who does someone become that physically weak in this age? That was a question without answer.

"It was after the first 12 years of war that humankind made its first mobile fortress, Atlas I. With 300 meters in length, 400 meters wide and 70 meters high. This mass destruction weapon lead the charge against the nhoma vanguard. After Atlas I construction, 2 years after, we made 3 more fortress that let us to recover 30% of our lost territory." A textbook answer. 

"Of course, Lucas, as always a splendid answer, but please, do let your classmates try to answer too" The teacher sighed. He was a kind man, in fact, I was sure used to be some kind of logistic staff, at least, he didn't looked like a soldier to me.

"As Lucas said, we achieved our first big victory thanks to the mobile fortress Atlas I, but we did built more than just 3 more, after recovering our territory eight fortress were made. Seven of them were put to good use on the battle of Minath, can someone tell me why it is called like that?" As he asked more than half the class raised their hand. Of course I also raised mine.

"Uhmm...so many volunteers, that's great, you, Kaiser, tell me why." He chose me. 

"It's called battle of Minath because the peak-tier emperor class nhoma Minath was killed in that battle." I answered with the facts that nearly everyone knew already. He was the first emperor-class killed by humankind and also it signaled the beginning of a new era.

"Marvelous. A great answer, Kaiser. That's right, Minath was killed in that battle, but while it was a great victory. It was also a gruesome fight were more than sixty thousand soldiers died and five of the seven fortress deployed were destroyed. The remaining fortress were sent to the North frontline. Thanks to them we were able to build the great wall that gives us an edge over our enemy."

Minath was the first noble nhoma known. Humankind did fought before with other king and emperor classes but none of the had the authority to control an nhoma army. I'm not really keen on the subject but as far as I know nhomas had quite a hierarchical society. Any higher ranked nhoma could command any other of lower rank but even though, only a small group that we call "nobles" were known to be able to command bigger armies.

"Teacher. I have a question!" A boy named Nilo raised his hand.

"Do ask, Nilo."

"How did we survived the nhoma onslaught for so long before building those fortresses?" 

"That's a good but rude question, Nilo. Don't ever disrespect the soldier who died for us. Sigh. The Legion, Valkyrie and Apocalypses Knight project were what gave us enough strength to stand on own our feet. The Legion was an army composed of sixty thousand brave men. All of them were genetically modified to be as strong as a nhoma, some of them even had their own shields. They fought for a good two years before were nearly wiped out in the battle of Minath." He stared at us for a while before keeping with the answer.

"Valkyrie project developed by Dr.Neyl. The project target were women with special qualities. I'm not sure myself on those "special qualities". There are only four thousand ninety-six  valkyries so far. The strongest sixteen are known as the Great Valkyries, under them there are sixteen valkyries captains and every one of them will command another sixteen lesser valkyries. Even the weakest can match a high-tiered non special nhoma and for the captains they are as strong as king class nhomas...for the great valkyries is said that any of them is at least at mid-tier emperor grade. They won't usually fight as their main duty is to protect the Valhalla." Seemly satisfied with the faces of his students, nodded to himself twice while smiling.

"What about the Apocalypses Knight project?" Seven asked the teacher, of course that wasn't her name but she won't usually answer unless you called her that. If I had to say something about her...I guess I'd settle with quietness, cat like elegance and matureness. She always behave herself well...Some would also call her strict and stern like a ol' militar instructor.

I don't know much of her, but I kinda pity her as she was always with the "Blind Fuckers". They were a pretty loud duo who was always or lost or telling some really horrible jokes. I'm pretty sure someone already fainted as a result of hearing too many jokes. How did such a quiet and mature girl end with those two idiots? A mystery worth of investigate.

"I'll have to apologise, Seven, but I'm unable to provide any valuable knowledge about it. Sadly that project has been a mystery since it first appeared." The teacher made a regretful face before shaking his head.

"I see...Thank you, Teacher Corvel." As always she behaved with elegance and politeness. Speaking of her and the blind fuckers, where were they?


In another place at the same time:

Two strong looking young men were walking side to side. Both wore solemn faces. 

The left one asked the other.

"Yo, idiot monke, are we perhaps lost?"

"Kinda" Answered ''idiot monke''

"As always useless trash" Without losing a moment the left youngter sweared at monke

"Aren't you a bird motherfucker vulture?" Monke also sweared at vulture without batting a eyelid.

"Yes, So?" Asked puzzled motherfucker vulture.

"Aren't you suppose to know your way to migrate?" 

Looking with disbelief at monke, vulture replied.

"Vultures aren't migratory, I don't even know my own street" He said that with a complete straight face filled with seriousness.

"I see...a lost son of a bitch aren't ya?"

"Also, you are a monkey. Shouldn't you know your way so you don't get lost at the jungle?" Questioned while keeping his straight face

"You answered yourself. I'm a monkey, not your fucking gps." Although monke swore his face was as stiff as vulture's

"Guess I can't expect much from a ape who wasn't capable of evolution" 

"I'm not gonna heard that from a bald berd." Monke said displeased.

"But I'm anything but bald..." Vulture retorted.

"Then aren't you a furry?" Rebutted monke.

"Oh holy fuck...you're right, I'm bald then."

Without speaking more both young lost men walked through the hallway without knowing that their class was in fact the last door they walked by.

 


As always late! Hope you are liking the story so far. I'll be trying to write another chapter as soon as possible. See you! Got an artist, so expect some character drawings coming!

0