Chapter 2 |Reborn and… Abandoned?|
260 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Lien Hua woke up, she found herself in complete darkness. She tried to move her limbs, but they wouldn't move. The place she was in was very small.

With her every attempt to move, the earlier events of that horrific evening came back to her. It was then that she began to understand the situation.

Lien Hua started to have a panic attack. She couldn't believe it; she had just had a quiet evening like so many others and now she had found herself in this dark space.

'W-where am I? Am I dreaming? It's not possible. As soon as I wake up, everything will return to normal...hopefully.'

She was reminded of what had happened earlier that night: She felt the rush of air when the white car nearly hit her legs. She heard the sound of the vehicle crashing against the traffic light, and she clearly remembered the traffic light falling towards her. Then... nothing but darkness.

"That means... I'm dead! B-but why me?!" Lien Hua desperately tried to cry, but no tears would come out. Something was not allowing her to cry.

After a while, she realized that the narrow space she found herself in was full of a strange, viscous liquid. She was surprised that she hadn't yet drowned.

Lien Hua was suddenly struck by an idea that bordered on impossible. She wondered where she was, and the more she assessed the situation, the calmer she became.

It was strange for her to think that she still had so many things to do in life, but fate is sometimes mocking. Lien Hua could not believe what had happened, but all the details showed that she was now inexplicably inside a mother's womb.

Not only could she not move due to the lack of space, but the darkness around her was because she was blind, and even the sound was missing when she tried to open her mouth to speak.

She felt vibrations and she heard repetitive thumping sounds. It was a heartbeat, but it wasn't hers. It was someone else's very close to her, as well as much stronger than her own.

'T-then I really am in a womb... I'm an infant again!' thought Lien Hua. She wondered if she was born again to a new life or in the body of another living being. All these thoughts saddened her.

Lien Hua was astonished at this extraordinary situation. She had heard of reincarnation in the countless light novels she read, in addition to the information she had researched on Eastern Culture. What she thought was just a fantasy or a legend she could now confirm true, it was happening to HER.

Some time had passed and Lien Hua increasingly began to accept her new condition. The past had become a more distant memory, although many things would remain carved into her memory. Now her strongest desire was to know what would happen, and when.

During the pregnancy of her new mother, Lien Hua woke up several times hearing the sound of her mother's heartbeat becoming irregular and louder than normal. She wondered why, but since she couldn't do anything about it, she went back to sleep without worry.

Suddenly Lien Hua was awakened by a jolt, and she then felt like she was sliding. The space she was in began to narrow, and it appeared there was some sort of way out. Even if she had tried to resist, she could not stop herself from moving toward the opening.

In the world of Arcadia, on the only supercontinent Eltanin, there was the vast Foehn Empire where the city of Feros was located. Inside a small room in the poor part of the city, a miracle was happening - the birth of a child.

A woman, who seemed to be in her early to mid 30's, was lying on a bed made of straw. She was completely soaked in sweat and fatigued from childbirth. It seemed that the child had rebelled and didn't want to meet the outside world.

Shouting, the woman cursed, "Why are you so difficult?! Not only are you the offspring of that ungrateful man, but now you're making me suffer?!"

She was talking about the lord of the city. He was cowardly and an unscrupulous womanizer who always wanted the most beautiful women, and he would stop at nothing to have them.

The woman was one of his many victims. Along with his countless other victims, she could not oppose the man's wishes. Now she was giving birth to his child after 9 long excruciating months. The pregnancy was a burden and a salvation at the same time. Only the strongest could survive, even if they had to submit to certain orders.

The woman was exhausted, but she had to deliver this creature. She looked up at the ceiling and concentrated.

If someone were to pass by the shack, they would notice a very intense light that filled the room: no strange noise, nothing abnormal, just this intense light shining through the windows.

A few seconds after the intense light had appeared, the shack began to shake. Rocks fell from the walls, causing cracks throughout the room.

Lien Hua felt an incredible force pulling her downward. The darkness slowly cleared as she neared the opening. She soon felt the air on her face and was able to breathe oxygen, which she had not been able to in a while.

At that moment, a new life was born in the world of Arcadia.

Lien Hua opened her eyes. The world that she had now entered seemed to be clouded; she could only see the outline of the objects around her.

Before looking at her new mother's face, she noticed some sort of bright ring for a very brief moment on the woman's hand. What amazed her the most was the disturbing beauty of her mother.

Her hair was golden and smooth as silk and her eyes were bright red like a burning flame. She had a small, pale face with thin, pink lips.

The woman looked as if she were from a high-class painting. Lien Hua wondered if her smile was as gorgeous as her other attributes, but the woman was not smiling.

Lien Hua's new mother grimaced in disgust as soon as she saw that the newborn child was a female. Without an ounce of love for her new child, she stood up as if the fatigue had never existed. She then tore off a piece of her dress, wrapped it around the baby, and walked out of the room.

Lien Hua had no idea where they were going, but she noticed two very bright rings of light floating in the air. The rings were following them closely from behind. Their movements were similar to two moons orbiting a planet.

For the first time since Lien Hua was born, the woman smiled when she saw the little eyes watching her, but suddenly her smile faded with the thought of this creature having the blood of that despicable man. However, her maternal instinct prompted her to give the child a name despite her feelings.

"I will call you Lien Hua, because even if you are the daughter of a monster, you deserve to have a name."

The language spoken was completely unknown to Lien Hua. She had only guessed at her name, and was shocked that it was the same as in her previous life.

Once they were outside the city walls, the woman began to run without looking back. She didn't stop until she arrived at a group of 6 large mountains with their peaks covered in snow. At the foot of the mountains was an entrance with a wooden arch.

Behind the arch was a staircase that led up to an area along the sides of the first two shorter mountains.

The woman approached a large ice coloured arch located in the center of the open area. She observed a plaque placed on the front of the arch. The plaque had beautiful golden lettering and it read: 'Flowing Lotus Sect'.

After reading the name on the plaque, the woman laid her child down in front of the gigantic arch.

With one hand, she touched the arch to announce her presence. The woman then turned and ran without looking back, leaving Lien Hua there alone.

Lien Hua had fallen asleep from the rocking movements of her mothers' running through the woods. She did not realize that her new mother had abandoned her, leaving her alone in this cruel, unknown world.

9