Chapter 12 |The Mighty Foehn Empire|
131 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few minutes of sitting down, Lien Hua looked at the podium where she noticed someone sitting on it.

Of course, it was Shi Yueh, the Fifth Elder of the Inner Sect. As soon as everyone noticed him, the disciples got up and greeted him respectfully, without making the same mistake as the day before.

Seeing them already so accustomed, Shi Yueh was pleased, and by looking around, he could notice with great interest that two people had understood his explanation and had passed his little test.

Noticing that the Fifth Elder was looking at them, Lien Hua and Ling Tianni realised that they had passed that little test he gave them yesterday. They were very shocked by how he had already noticed.

'We haven't all even taken our seats and he has already noticed. Who knows how strong he is then?' though Lien Hua after noticing that she already had been discovered. She came out of this surprised state when Shi Yueh began to speak.

Seeing that he had everyone's attention, Shi Yueh cleared his voice, "Well, seeing that two people among you understood my explanation yesterday. I'm satisfied, and today, in addition to the explanation, I will allow you all to ask me questions about yesterday's lesson.'

Chen Huang, Lin Yue and others who did not understand breathed a sigh of relief. But they noticed that the only ones not afflicted by this grace given by the Sect Elder were Lien Hua, one of the famous trio, and Ling Tianni, the boy whom some of the students had begun to call "The Worst One" when the adults weren't listening, on account of his level of talent.

Their fighting spirits were ignited, seeing that already two people had done it. Like that they flooded Shi Yueh with questions, which he calmly answered for all of them.

After a few minutes of answering questions, Shi Yueh had finished, and so he began his lesson, "Today we will talk mainly about our Empire's history and its geography. Starting with its history, what do you know about it?"

The disciples, seeing that he was giving them an occasion to speak, were excited. The first to answer was a child behind Lien Hua, with green hair and blue eyes. "I know that Her Majesty Arcadia founded our mighty Empire. She led us from our lowest point to our safe haven we have today by standing against the spiritual beasts."

Shi Yueh, satisfied and understanding their level of study, clapped. "First of all you were excellent, and second that part of history was not completely right."

Hearing what their Sect Elder had complimented him over, the child was delighted but continued to listen to Shi Yueh, noting that he had not finished talking.

"Her Majesty Arcadia, the Foehn Empire founder, took us away from a horrible situation; this is true. But how was the story before that?"

"Well before Empress Arcadia arrived, the world was completely ruled by spiritual beasts. Humans were entirely subservient to them and were treated by them like little toys, until one day, humans discovered that they could too absorb spiritual energy. After this, in secret, Arcadia under her shining halo, secretly cultivated an army of Spiritual Masters before attacking the leader of the spiritual beasts."

Looking at everyone's faces so caught up with his explanation, Shi Yueh smiled.

"The Black Dragon Emperor, shocked by how strong those little human beings were, was taken unaware and was defeated. Sadly, we had losses on our side: Of the 1000 Top-Level Spiritual Masters who fought with Arcadia, only 100 survived. This, however, forced the spiritual beasts' leader to give us a place to live and no longer interfere with our race."

Giving suspense by interrupting his speech, he dropped the bomb.

"That place that was 'given' to us was precisely the Empire where we are standing today."

Lien Hua, hearing the history of such imposing proportions of this Empire's founding, at the thought alone got goosebumps all over her body. This excited her; now, she wanted to know more about this world.

But Lien Hua knew there was still something, and seeing that their Sect Elder was about to start talking again, she listened to him.

"But the spiritual beasts continue to attack us even today, only their leader no longer interferes.  In fact, a frontier was created where our territory meets that of the spiritual beasts, where every year formidable warriors protect and defend us from them."

Feeling that they had not yet wholly defeated the threat, Lien Hua had a shiver run down her whole back, but listening that amazing and courageous people defended them, she became a bit calmer.

Seeing his students' frightened faces, Shi Yueh laughed a little. "You don't have to worry. The Eternal Frontier, that's its name, is very far from us. We're in the upper parts of the Empire, near the ocean. And with that said, I'm going to explain to you the geography of this world."

"The Eternal Frontier is in the southernmost part of our Empire where the Spiritual Beasts' territory and our's clashes. There is a gigantic wall built by the Foehn Empire's First Empress going from one part of the continent to another, locking us in a protective bubble.'

Looking at all his students' incredulous faces, he saw how one of them had a question. Permitting him to speak, this disciple got up.

"Excuse me Sect Elder, but i wanted to ask you: Her Majesty Arcadia and the Black Dragon Emperor, had not they created a truce? Why was it broken so fast?"

Noticing the question that made all of his students turn to him with curious eyes, he chuckled.

"He simply has the power to be Emperor. He does not care much about the territory; he just lets the spiritual beasts do what they want, and they have attacked our frontier every day after Her Majesty Arcadia has disappeared."

That made Lien Hua furious. How could someone break a truce so quickly where thousands of people died to make it come true? But even if she was furious, she couldn't do anything about it and listened to the Sect Elder again.

Continuing with the subject he had begun before being interrupted. Shi Yueh looked at each of his students.

"Our Empire is in the northern part of Eltanin, our continent. It's divided into 13 provinces with one being the Imperial Province in the centre and the others all around it. The whole of it is like an island and around it, the sea. As was said before, our province, Feros, is one of the four provinces near the Imperial Province. Its capital is Korn. Also bordering the main one, it gives us access to higher-ranked resources."

Hearing all this information in one lesson, Lien Hua felt like a new world had opened up before her. She understood that the world where she reincarnated also had a story, and the people who live on it were the same; everything had a story.

Looking at his temporary disciples digesting all the information given by him today, Shi Yueh was delighted. Even if only two people understood the concept of breathing, he was pleased. It usually took weeks to understand it, so this was quite shocking. Even the others who were slower were also at a very advanced point.

So, satisfied with his Sect's future, he began to move towards the exit of the room, noticing how after only a few seconds everyone had greeted him respectfully, it created a small smile on Shi Yueh's face.

After the Sect Elder left, Lien Hua got up very thoughtfully, still thinking about this world's whole geography. Creating a small map in her head, she looked up, noticing that her two friends were looking at her without disturbing her in her little inner monologue.

Giving a sorry smile, she tried to distract them. "So.. how are you both doing now? Do you understand how to cultivate now?"

Lin Yue gave her a strange look. "I've got it all figured out. I just need some tries, and I'm sure I should be able to do it."

Feeling as everyone had understood and yet he still had problems, Chen Huang, not to seem less than them, lied, saying that he too had understood.

Obviously, this little lie had been noticed by Lien Hua, but she didn't pay it much attention. In the end, it was a white lie and he had only said it because he felt a bit' cornered.

So Lien Hua reassured them. "Of course, later I will try to explain how I did it. It will certainly not be the best method, but at least i understand how it works."

Seeing that Lien Hua wanted to explain the method to them despite everything, Chen Huang sighed in relief, secretly thinking no one had noticed; or so he believed.

Seeing how he reacted, Lin Yue was a bit suspicious, but having known him for many years, she understood him well enough and did not make a big deal out of it.

Getting up and seeing that they were the only ones in the class, Lien Hua and her friends set off towards the exit, but they stopped as soon as they reached it. The square was deserted right outside the classroom except for those two or three people who remained to speak, but it wasn't any of them who had stopped them; it was a person who was standing before them and had been watching them.

Ling Tianni, finally seeing that his targets had come out of their classroom, took a breath and stepped in front of them where he began to scream at the top of his lungs.

"Lien Hua! Don't you ever dare to look down on me again! We're even now! So don't feel so superior to me anymore!"

Lien Hua, standing there with her two friends, was incredulous when she, a person who had never concerned herself with rating people by their ability, was being accused of having looked down on this boy.

But seeing that Chen Huang was dead set on teaching him a lesson, she stopped him.

"I hope you're joking. I've never looked down on anybody. You really surprised me today. You, against all prejudice and expectation because of your talent, managed to excel while others who judged you stayed behind."

Seeing that Lien Hua was giving a valid argument, Ling Tianni was conflicted. Still, by now an idea had formed in his head, and the words she was telling him were now distorted into mocking phrases as an insult to him, making him very angry.

Since his level of talent was announced, everyone made fun of him, insulted him, and gave him names. Only after he was placed in the first-grade room had he recovered a little from all the insults. But soon after, these three appeared, the ones who stole the stage from him and had looked at him mockingly from the first day.

Of course, all this was a distortion created in his own head, but he took it as reality, and without looking at Lien Hua and the other two, a small seed of hatred was born in his mind as he ran away.

Lien Hua and her two friends remained there, still and incredulous. Even the few people who had stayed there were looking at them curiously, wondering about what was happening. Still, they turned away soon after, not very interested.

4