Chapter 2
14 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Do you guys want me to continue this story?
  • Yes Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1

“You will be assigned to a human, this is your last chance to prove yourself, to show that an incident like last time won't happen again,” Karl smirked, sitting at his desk as I got pushed down in a chair opposite him, the chains and guards still at either side of me.

I winced slightly at the mention of the incident, the memorial date was approaching soon, a grim reminder of my actions.

 

I merely nodded, not daring to speak as I met his golden eyes, a flame of anger barely flickering in my chest, too exhausted to fight.

“Who am I to be assigned to?” I asked quietly, my eyes a cold violet as I fidgeted with my fingers.

 

“Amelia Clare,” he responded as he got up from his chair and came to stand in front of me, motioning for the guards to leave, thus only leaving us alone in the room.

 

“You do know that this is your last chance,” Karl said calmly as he removed the chains from my arms, I didn’t move. “Otherwise you’ll be joining your precious friend soon.” An evil glint in his eyes as I lunged at him, knocking him to the floor, rage now burning in my eyes as my grip on his shirt tightened.

 

“Don’t talk about him,” I hissed, my eyes now glowing a furious mix of violet and red.

 

His face darkened as a black mist filled the room, his form changing as I scrambled away in fear, mentally cursing at myself for letting the anger consume me.

Advancing towards me at almost lightning speed, he yanked me up by my hair, a calm collected look on his face, yet the rage could be seen clearly, his golden orbs glowing viciously in the now dark room.

 

As he moved closer I began to struggle, terror now clinging at my soul.

 Before he could get any closer a loud knock was heard at the door, causing Karl to drop me, my frame slumping to the floor as I scrambled up, the darkness now retreating back to the owner, who was now back to his human form.

Shakily I returned to my seat and kept my head down as the door opened and a guard handed him a letter.

After a few moments of silence, Karl handed me the letter.

“Here is where you’ll find your new mistress,” His voice now calm.

 

Snatching the letter I rushed out of the room, the guards yanking me back as they forced me to walk with them.

 

The chain around my neck was loosened, just enough to allow me to perform my duties as a servant to the young girl, soon to be my new mistress.

 

I sighed inwardly, knowing that it would forever remain there, always trapped.

 

I was handed the location of the young Amelia Clare and was told I could leave to fulfill my contract.

I didn’t need to be told twice, I rushed out of the building, the London night sky clear as stars danced in its dark embrace, the sense of a small freedom feeling euphoric.

 

Upon reaching the location I frowned, the building looks familiar.

A scream was heard, snapping me out of my thoughts as my eyes glowed, a hungry feeling consumed me.

 

“Such despair.” I thought to myself as I slipped into the building, transforming into my demon form as I searched for my new mistress.

 

Her screams were heard again, yet this time I heard a young boy’s scream mingled with the girls.

“Violet!” the young boy’s screams filled my ears, as I froze, trying to block out the memory, forcing myself to block it out. 

 

My attention now returned to the young girl as she reached her hand out, crying and screaming in despair.

She was laid on a table with two figures surrounding her, two unmoving children lay to the side, their pulses weak but still present.

 

Filling the room with darkness as I hovered above the girl, my fangs now visible as I let my true form show, the terror on the people's faces bringing me a sadistic sense of glee as I watched them scramble back, my attention now turned to the girl as I grasped her outstretched hand.

 

“Lady Amelia Clare, do you wish to form a contract?” I asked, in a calm voice, her hand now gripping mine, her screams stopping as she stared at me.

 

“W.who are you?” She asked, her green orbs staring into mine.

 

“A demon,” I stated simply, the despair still present in her eyes, as I struggled to refrain myself from devouring her soul right there and then.

 

“Are you here to save me?” Amelia asked, a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

 

“If that is what you wish,” I smiled, my human form showing ever so slightly through the darkness.

“But in order for that to happen, you need a contract with me,” I smirked, as she shakily sat up.

 

“Will you help me achieve my goal?” She asked more firmly, gripping my hand tightly, afraid that I’d slip away, back to the darkness, abandoning her, although her soul was filled with such despair it kept me rooted in place, such a young child filled with so much despair, this was first.

 

I knew that with time, and if she felt enough despair, well, her soul would be one of a kind.

 

“Of course, but at a price,” I leaned down, now facing her.

 

“Anything!” she stated firmly. “I’ll give you anything.”

 

“Your soul.”

 

She fell silent for a while as I observed her, shoulder-length curly black locks, her blazing emerald eyes, a brow tattered gown covering her thin frame,  her hair reminded me of him.

 

My eyes stayed glued to the human girl as she sat there thinking.

 

“You can have it,” Amelia said, her eyes filled with determination.

 I grinned, a satisfied hum.

 

“What do you wish to achieve my Lady?” I asked as I reverted to my human form taking off my gloves, the darkness still present.

 

“I wish to find my parents and make sure they never hurt me again, make them suffer!”  Amelia declared, her eyes blazing with fury and determination.

 

A hum escaped my lips as I helped the child to her feet, a fierce determination now fixed in her eyes. A seal appeared on my right palm as I extended my hand to the young girl who placed her hand in mine.

 

“In order for a contract to be formed, you must decide where the seal will rest on you,” I stated. “The more visible it is, the stronger my bond to you,” I added.

 

Amelia paused briefly, her eyes wavering for a brief moment before responding. “Next to my heart.”

 

“One last thing, you need to give me a name.”

“Why?” She asked.

 

“With a name, I become bound to you fully, and besides, you can't just call me a demon,” I smirked.

 

“Violet,” Amelia said sharply.

 

I stiffened, mainly because no one had actually called me by my real name in quite some time. Only one person had called me by my name, and he had disappeared a long time ago.

 

“Very well, my name shall be Violet, and I shall serve you until your goal is complete.” I smiled, the darkness now vanishing as I now stood in my human form, dressed in a butler outfit, my now brown curls resting on my head, my eyes still their electric mix of violet and red.

 

Ameila stared at me, surprised at my human form.

 

“I shall place the seal where you requested, do be warned it may hurt a little,” My eyes glowed at the last part. “You must give me your first order.”

 

“I order you to never lie and always stay by my side no matter what!” She declared.

 

“Yes my Lady.” I bowed as I placed a hand on her chest,a malicious glint in my eyes, now content that the girl was mine.

 

Amelia let out a blood-curdling scream as the seal began to burn into her skin.

 I picked her up, as she dug her nails into my shirt.

 

“Burn this place to the ground!” She screamed, the seal almost fully burned into her skin.

 

My eyes flashed as a grin spread across my face.

 

“Yes my Lady,” I replied as I set the building ablaze and walked out of the doors, the screams of the barely breathing corpses filling the air, the flames licked at my feet as I walked with the mistress towards the exit.

 

As I walked towards the exit I saw something that made me freeze in my tracks for a moment.

 

A young raven-haired boy, dressed in all black, his eyes a red hue, his black curls blowing in the wind, a kind smile on his face as he looked at me and then vanished. 

 

I shuddered as I brushed it off, chalking it up to my mind playing tricks on me as I exited the building holding the young mistress in my arms who seemed to have passed out from the pain.

 

I felt a presence behind me and spun around, Amelia still in my arms.

My eyes glowed a protective red, my hold on Amelia firm

 

“What are you doing here Sire?” I asked, putting some distance between us both as the building continued to burn in the background.

 

“Merely came to see if you had succeeded in forming a contract.” He smiled. I frowned as I took a step back.

 

“As you can see I’ve managed,” I said, trying to keep my cool.

 

“Good, I’ll be dropping by soon for a progress update.”

 

I merely nodded.

 

“The London Massacre memorial is coming up soon, will you be attending?”

 

I flinched, he seemed to want to continue my torture.

 

“It depends if my mistress will allow me,” I stated.

 

Karl merely nodded before he vanished, leaving me with Amelia in my arms, the building blazing before us.

 

Pulling out the piece of paper that held the contractor's info, still cradling Amelia I saw that there was a mansion in the Clair name not too far from here. 

 

With a smile on my lips, I started to make my way to the estate, The building behind me now in ruins.

2