Chapter 3
9 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Do you know anything about the London Massacres?” Amelia asked, sipping the herbal tea I had just pourn her.

 

“I’ve heard of it,” I replied, placing her breakfast of egg and tomatoes in front of her.

 

“Five years ago a bloody deranged murderer tore through the streets of London, killing hundreds in one night.”

 

Amelia nodded. “Did they ever catch the killer back then?” her green eyes staring into mine.

 

I shook my head. “Sadly no, to this day the killer still runs loose, uncaught.” 

 

She was staring at me, a look of concern on her face. “Your eyes…”She trailed off.

 

Blinking, I pulled out a letter from my jacket and handed it to her. “A letter arrived for you this morning.” I stated Amelia's attention now on the letter as she ate.

 

We've been invited to attend the memorial service that's being held this weekend.” She stated, eyes shining. “While it is a sad event, I’m glad that I’ve been given the opportunity to attend.”

 

I merely nodded.

 

“I have a list of things I need you to complete.” Amelia stated as she handed me a piece  of paper. I scanned what was written on it before putting it in my pocket as I bowed, smiling before I vanished.

 

She still hadn't gotten used to the fact that I was there to serve her so she’d give me lists of  tasks instead of direct orders.

Humming to myself, I made my way down the busy streets of London, trying to find the building required for my first task Upon locating the building  I approached it, fixing up my attire before entering.

 

A young woman greeted me as I walked in.

“Welcome,”Her voice cheerful, despite the memorial coming up very soon.

Humans are odd creatures, an upcoming event that serves as a grim reminder to hundreds of deaths and yet they can keep a cheerful composer.

 

“I’m here to pick up an order for Amelia Clare.” I stated, the woman’s eyes lit up.

 

“Ameila, such a sweet girl,” The woman smiled as she went to the back of the store. “Although I was under the assumption that her parents would be the ones picking up the dress.”  her voice now clearer as she returned with the dress in hand as she placed it in a bag before handing it to me.

 

“Her parents have left on some business so I was left in charge of picking up orders.” I replied my aura darkening momentarily, a smile on my face.

 

“It’s already been paid for so don’t worry about it.” The woman smiled as I nodded gratefully.

As I was about to leave, the door behind me opened and a man walked in, causing me to freeze momentarily, my eyes flickering slightly.

A demon, like myself.

 

I couldn’t figure out what type of demon it was by the scent alone, which was weird because usually, demons had a unique scent.

His appearance looked familiar though, with shoulder-length black curls, piercing brown-reddish eyes, and a scent that I couldn't put my finger on.

 

“Ryan, welcome!” The lady at the counter greeted the demon, my eyes narrowed, any familiarity vanishing.

 

He’s dead, you saw it yourself.

 

“Hello again, I've come to pick up an order that my master placed a few days ago.” Ryan said cheerfully.

 

My body wouldn’t move, frozen at the voice, my brain struggled to rationalize what I saw, the woman once again vanishing to the back.

 

You saw his corpse, you saw him die right in front of you!

 

I hurriedly left the store, my hands shaking as I clutched the bag, trying to find the logic in what had just happened.

 

It’s probably just your mind playing tricks on you.

 

Hurriedly, I finished the rest of my tasks and headed back to the manor.

“You seem distressed, is everything ok?” Amelia asked as I hung her dress up in the closet. I had been a shaking mess, yet despite that, I had managed to complete my duties, yet I sensed my mistress was worried.

 

“Of course,” I replied as I closed the closet and turned to face her.

 

She didn’t seem to believe me, giving me a glare.

“I had a very dear friend,” I began. “He sadly died in the London massacre…” I trailed off.

 

I wasn’t exactly lying,  but I just nodded before adjusting my frame as I felt Amelia hug me.

“I’m sorry that happened,” Amelia mumbled as we stood there.

 

“It's alright, it happened a long time ago.” Stiffening I glanced down at the young girl.

She looked so much like him.

 

I felt the hunger again, the smell of her soul, it would make any demon drool, and yet she was mine.

A darkness slowly seeped out of me, moving towards the young girl, the hunger in my soul growing.

 

A loud knock from the front door echoed throughout the mansion, causing the darkness to hastily return to me, Amelia pulled away.

 

Hurrying out of the room and down the stairs, Amelia trailing behind me.

Yet I felt something was off.

 

Placing a hand on Amelia's shoulder she stopped, looking at me with a puzzled look.

 

“I do believe it would be best if you waited in your study my Lady, “I whispered.

“We seem to have an uninvited guest.”

 

She merely nodded, running back to her study. After I heard the door click, I returned my attention to the person waiting outside.

2