Chapter 22: Project New America
87 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Carter gave Henry a stare and walked into the room. Henry about to leave said, “Listen I don’t know who you guys are or how I got here but I need to go.” Just as Henry was out the door, Carter spoke. “You aren’t going to be of any help to your friends by blindly charging in, Henry.” The moment Carter said that Henry turned around. “How do you know my name? And what do you know of my friends?” Eddie spoke, “we want to help you, Henry. We can help you. We know what you’re father and the ISA are planning. Your friends will most likely act tomorrow morning. If you’re willing to help us, we’ll help you stop your father.”

Henry came back into the room, and Carter and Eddie introduced themselves. “I’m Carter, and this is Eddie. We’re not from around here. We came here looking for you and someone else, Joey Zarick. We’re here because of the command seal on your hand. It’s not a tattoo. See, we each have a command seal. That little thing on your hand holds a lot of power. With it comes considerable dangers. We need your help, not just to keep you safe but to save the lives of so many more people.” Their conversation continued well into the night. Carter explained the entire situation while Eddie went to get them food.

Carter proposed a plan. Before the plan was made, Carter changed into Caster and used his magic to scan the town. He found a large underground complex. Carter then created a hologram showing the entire complex, and the tunnels that they could use to enter and exit the complex. Henry was shocked seeing Carter change and create the hologram. “Alright here’s the plan, Eddie you take Henry and use the entrance on the east side of town. I’m going to enter from above. The amplifier is directly beneath the school football field. They have to bring it to the surface to fully utilize it. I’m going to destroy it when it comes up, and use it as an entrance. We’ll rendezvous inside. Hopefully, we will meet up with them while we’re there and help them out.”

After Carter finished his explanation, Eddie agrees to the plan, he then looked at Henry, “How about it? Are you okay with the plan?” Henry nodded, “Yeah, okay, it’s a good plan. Also, after listening to what you said about this command seal thing, I agree to help you.” Carter concluded the plan, “Good, we move out at dawn.”

When the sun rose the next morning, three groups were preparing for a big battle. The ISA were doing final checks on the amplifier and preparing to battle the JSA. All of them were geared up for battle, Icicle, Dragon King, Shiv, Sportsmaster, Tigress, and Brainwave. While the Gambler monitored the town and the machine behind a computer, hidden from wandering eyes. Sportsmaster asks Icicle about their fellow member, “Hey Jordan, what about Zarick? Why isn’t he here helping?” Icicle replied with disappointment, “He’s prioritizing his family over the plan. Let him stay up there. He’ll just be reprogrammed like everybody else.”

The JSA were preparing to siege the underground complex to stop the ISA’s plan. They were all ready for the fight of their lives, everyone geared up and left the cabin. They planned to enter the complex from opposite entrances so as not to get cornered by the enemy. Stargirl, S.T.R.I.P.E., Hourman, Dr. Mid-Nite, Wildcat, and Sir Justin, the Shining Knight left the cabin and went to their entrances.

Meanwhile, Eddie changed into his Flash suit that he kept in his ring with super speed. He took Henry to the entrance at the East side of town “Hey Henry, take care not to puke. First time traveling at that speed can make you sick.” Carter told Henry that before he left with Eddie, he also covered himself and Eddie in a spell that would protect them from the reprogramming. “Wait for my signal. When I give it, go into the complex and stop the ISA." Carter then imprinted Rider and ran to the football field. When he arrived, he waited on the bleachers. Each team arrived at their designated locations, while Dr. Mid-Nite and Barbara went to the American Dream building.

While they were entering the complex, Dr. Mid-Nite hacked into the ISA’s servers and revealed their plans to her friends. They were moving through the tunnels when they received her message. “Guys, Project: New America will brainwash every single fully developed mind within a large part of the United States. They’re going to force people to embrace solar and wind power. They’re also going to eliminate discrimination over race, religion, and sexual orientation, and provide universal healthcare.” Stargirl interrupted, “Is that really a bad thing? Are they really bad guys?” Dr. Mid-Nite continues, “There is catch to the reprogramming process. Some people will fight against the reprogramming, and their brains will shut down. The target population is 100 million adults, and the estimated casualty is 25%. 25 million people will die if we don’t stop their plans.”

Dr. Mid-Nite’s communications with the JSA was interrupted when the Gambler hacked her computer goggles. “Actually darling, the operation doesn’t start when the countdown ends. It starts at the 30-minute mark.” When the 30-minute mark was reached, the football field at the high school opened and a gigantic satellite dish was raised from below the football field. The machine activates and Brainwave, with his powers amplified, sends his thoughts into every single adult mind and began the reprogramming process, and S.T.R.I.P.E. and Sir Justin were not exceptions for reprogramming. S.T.R.I.P.E., started attacking his stepdaughter Stargirl when Brainwave ordered him to. However he tried to fight against Brainwave’s reprogramming.

Throughout the town, all the adults stood in a daze. The reprogramming had started. Seeing the machine emerge from the ground and activating, it was time for Carter to act. “Imprint…Saber”, Carter, now with the appearance of Mordred, prepared to use his Noble Phantasm to destroy the oversized satellite dish. In full armor, carter activated his Noble Phantasm, and the sword opened up and released a pillar of red energy, “Awaken, sword of the treacherous knight, sword that betrayed the king of knights, CLARENT BLOOD ARTHUR!

The Gambler was enraged that Dr. Mid-Nite was hacking his bank accounts and giving away all his money to charity. When he arguing with the hero, his monitors detected an energy spike. It was very close to the satellite dish. When he turned on the monitor at the football field, he could see a man in armor holding a pillar of red light. He had a bad feeling about the situation. “Jordan, we have a problem. Scanners have detected an energy spike near the amplifier. I’m afraid that someone is attempting to destroy the machine, you need to send someone up there to stop him.” Listening to the message, Icicle was about to go to the machine when his path was blocked when the members of the new JSA entered the room, with S.T.R.I.P.E. and Sir Justin.

Dr. Mid-Nite was able to distract the Gambler long enough to turn on the signal blockers in the tunnels. With the reprogramming broadcast interfered, the adult heroes were able to freely move into the deeper, shielded parts of the complex to confront the ISA.

4