Chapter 24: Back to Earth Prime
84 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the battle, everyone needed to decide how to deal with the ISA. Listening to the conversation, Eddie asks, “Do you guys have the facilities to contain meta-human prisoners?” Puzzled at the question Pat asks Eddie, “Meta-human? What’s a meta-human?” Eddie then explained to them the concept of meta-human. “Where we come from, super-powered people are called meta-humans.” Pat looked around and told them that they had no way to contain the so-called meta-humans. “I have a solution. Imprint…Caster”, the group aside from Eddie was shocked seeing Carter change into Caster. Carter opened his pocket storage dimension and pulled out, two meta dampening cuffs. “These are meta-human dampening cuffs. When placed in the intended target, that person will have their powers suppressed.”

Carter approached Icicle and Brainwave and placed the cuffs around their wrist and made sure that the light is red. “Now we don’t have to worry about their powers until we can send them to a meta-human dampening cell. Do you have any here?” Pat told Carter, “No we don’t.” “Alright then”, Carter once again used his magic to create cells to contain the two ISA members. Carter told Eddie to search for evidence around the complex to put the rest of the ISA away. It took a few minutes but Eddie was able to gather enough evidence on them for several counts of murder. “I know what to do Carter, you don’t have to hint at anything.” Eddie took every member of the ISA and took them to the police station along with the evidence that would put them away.

With the matter settled, Carter suggested that everyone go home to rest. The group returned to the cabin and picked up Barbara and Beth along the way. When they reached the cabin, they were greeted by a worried Mike. “Thank God, you guys are alright.” After they rested for a while, Carter explained to everyone their predicament, and that they needed Henry’s help to fight in the Holy Grail War. He told them everything about other Earths, other heroes, other versions of themselves, about Crisis, and about the Holy Grail War. They were mostly skeptical of the idea that other Earths exist aside from their own.

Carter and Eddie showed the JSA members their command seals and how Henry had one as well. “We searched for two people here, and we found them. Henry, we’re leaving tomorrow, so pack whatever you need and we’ll meet you here in the morning. We’re taking your dad and Jordan with us, Earth-Prime has the facilities to contain meta-human prisoners. Now that we’ve said what we wanted to say, we will go to Joey Zarick and explain the situation to him. He may even benefit from it.” When Joey’s name was mentioned, Courtney started questioning Carter. “Joey’s in a coma, he can’t help you.” Carter and Eddie looked at each other and told them what happened at the hospital. “Joey’s awake. You saved him. Thank you so much.” Courtney told them about what happened. They told Courtney that it was not her fault. Carter told everyone about the discussion he had with Zarick, “Icicle wanted to send a message when he targeted Joey. It was mainly a message to his father Councilman Zarick, or as Pat might know him as The Wizard. A member of the ISA. Zarick didn’t want to get involved with the plan anymore. He was content with his new life here. Jordan couldn’t accept Zarick’s resignation from the ISA so he targeted Joey.”

Listening to Carter’s story, everyone felt a little sorry for Zarick. After telling them about Joey and his father, Carter and Eddie went to the hospital to meet with Joey and his father. Eddie explained the situation regarding the ISA and told them that they no longer have to worry and that they would depart in the morning. “We’ll keep your son safe councilman. Don’t worry.”

The duo left the hospital and returned to the hotel. They spent the rest of the day in their room. Carter remembered he did not have much of a defensive capability. He had not imprinted the Shielder servant card yet. While Eddie was doing light workouts in the room. He searched through all the information regarding the shield servant. He found that this Heroic was the most suitable, as he had a powerful defensive Noble Phantasm and it could cover a large range. Carter was worried about encountering an enemy that could single-handedly destroy an entire area. If they were to fight in a city, the destruction would cause casualties to be at least in the thousands. Carter made his decision. “Imprint…Shielder”, Carter was once again lad in white light, when it dispersed, his appearance changed. Carter now had silver hair and was wearing black and purple. He had now become Galahad.

After imprinting Galahad, Carter received all of Galahad’s knowledge and memories. He no knew everything about the hero. He materialized Galahad’s shield. It is shaped like a cross with a circle at the center where the four sides meet. With this new ability, Carter became confident that he could keep people safe during the Holy Grail War.

The next morning councilman Zarick brought Joey to the hotel. Carter and Eddie checked out of the hotel and took the father and son to Pat’s cabin. They greeted everyone there when they arrived. Just as they were ready to leave, Barbara received a call from one of the other moms that the school was under attack. A big monster was destroying the school. When the group heard this, they quickly went to the school.

When they arrived, they heard a roar coming from the school football field. When they arrived, the sight that greeted them was utter destruction. The field and nearby facilities had been destroyed. The culprit behind the destruction was still there. The culprit was very familiar to Carter and Eddie.

Carter shouted to get the monster’s attention, “Berserker, are you looking for this?” Carter raised his right hand showing his command seal to Berserker. “Imprint…Caster”, Carter imprinted Caster and floated to the monster. “Great Hero Heracles, servant of the Berserker class, I, Mage King Solomon, servant of the Caster class, challenge you to battle. Do you accept?” When Carter said this, Berserker nodded and began his attack. Carter flew around Berserker and used his spells to damage the hero. Carter used elemental spells to wound the hero. He finally burned Berserker in a pillar of fire. When the flames dispersed, a charred corpse could be found.

Carter then distanced himself from Berserker. “Two down, ten to go”, when the group saw what happened, they were shocked and appalled that Carter would kill the monster. As they were badgering him about it, Berserker regenerated, and a breach opened beside him. He cast his gaze at Carter before going into the breach. Unable to comprehend what happened, they started hounding Carter with questions. “I’ll explain it back at the cabin.”

At the cabin, Carter explained to them what happened earlier. He revealed to them Berserker’s identity. "As I said before, Berserker’s name is Heracles, the Greek hero. His ability is that he has twelve lives. To stop him, we have to kill him ten more times since I already killed him twice.” He told them that he did not want to discuss Caster. After everything was settled, Carter as Caster, opened a breach to Earth-Prime. Just as they were about to leave, Courtney said that she wanted to tag along. Pat could not leave her alone so he agreed to accompany them with S.T.R.I.P.E in toe. Pat convinced them of his decision because he wanted to keep Courtney out of trouble, and so that they need more allies in case the situation is beyond their capability. “Hey, everything is settled here. Things will be peaceful for a while, but just in case the situation changes, I trust you guys to take care of things.”

Carter opened his pocket dimension and placed the robot inside it. After he was done, Courtney and Pat came back with backpacks ready to go to a new world. Carter, Eddie, Pat, Courtney, Henry, and Joey said their goodbyes and left through the breach. Zarick could not accompany his son because he is a councilman. He had to fix the town after the recent battles, and he trusts that Pat, Carter, and Eddie would keep his son safe. “I’m leaving Joey in your care. Please keep him safe.”

3