Chapter 44: Quetzalcoatl & Cisco Vs Heracles, Scheherazade & Echo
31 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The audience was excited to see another match. The underdog winner of the elimination chamber against the sudden newcomers. Seeing the scene from the DEO, Carter wanted to help Cisco. “Imprint Caster”, Carter changes into Solomon and opened a breach to the arena. Much to his dismay, it was too late.

Just as he arrived at the scene with Saber, Ruler’s Reality Marble had engulfed the two masters along with their servants. The masters, servants and heroes at the DEO ran into the breach and came out at the arena. Carter cursed, “Damnit. We’re too late. They’re already inside the Reality Marble. It looks like Cisco will have to face that monster by himself. All we can do now is wait.”

J’onn begins to question Carter, “Carter, don’t you have some high-level magic that can get us in there? I thought you said that your Caster form was history’s greatest mage. Use that magic and get us in there.” Carter sighs at the sad reality, “If I had his Grand Class powers then yes, it’d be easy. But he’s just stronger than other Casters. I don’t have the ability to overpower someone of the Ruler class. The best I can do is see what’s going on in there. I’ll set it up but you guys need to get everyone out of here. I’m worried Berserker’s master will take all these people hostage once he gets outta there.”

After receiving their instructions, J’onn contacted the DEO and told them to issue an alert. DEO personnel arrived at the venue and escorted every single person out. As everyone was leaving, Carter finished his preparations and opened a screen to see inside the Reality Marble. Once the screen was established, they could see what was happening inside the Reality Marble. Like watching the live stream, the group saw how Rider was fighting her opponents. She was dodging the attacks from Scheherazade’s familiars and attacking Heracles.

Cisco, Rider, Echo, Heracles, and Scheherazade found themselves in a forest when they were about to challenge each other. Despite it being night in the real world, the sun shone brightly in the sky bringing light to the landscape. Oliver appears between them and tells them the rules of engagement. Cisco pleas to Oliver, “Oliver, please, can’t you give me a hand here? Carter told me about Heracles’ Noble Phantasm I need some help.” Oliver shakes his head, “I’m sorry Cisco. Don’t get me wrong, I want to help you but as Ruler, I have to stay impartial unless they break the rules.”

Cisco was fuming, “And having two servants isn’t considered breaking the rules.” Oliver apologizes to Cisco, “I’m sorry Cisco but two servants sharing one master isn’t against the rules. After Caster’s master died, she formed a contract with Berserker’s master. Doing something like that isn’t considered against the rules. So be prepared Cisco, your enemy this time will be tough.” Rider turns to Cisco and grabs his shoulders, “Don’t worry master, Sis won’t disappoint you.”

Oliver disappeared after declaring the start of the fight. When the fight started, Heracles rushes Rider. When he swings his axe downwards intending to bisect her, Rider dodges to the right by rolling, then she materializes her sword and shield and counterattacked. She runs up to him and cuts his chest. Due to his absurdly strong physique, Rider was only able to leave a shallow wound.

Heracles turns and swings his axe again. Rider manages to block the strike with her shield. Even though the shield managed to stop the brunt of the attack, the momentum Heracles had in his swing sent her flying into the trees. Trees and branches broke as she was sent flying. When she finally landed, she could hear his roar. She could hear him approaching but as she ran back towards the battlefield for a surprise attack, Rider found herself surrounded by forty-one bandits.

The bandits attacked her all at once but she disposed of them easily. Sword slashes, kicks, punches, and shield bashes, her flurry of attacks were flying all around her as she disposed of Ali Baba and the forty thieves. To Rider’s dismay, just as she took care of the familiars, Heracles had arrived at the scene. Once again he swung his mighty axe, but Rider did not have time to dodge it so she had to once again block his attack.

Even with his attack blocked, the sheer power from it created a crater around Rider. Using all her strength, Rider’s muscles started to bulge and she pushes away Heracles’ axe. With her thigh and calve, muscles bulging, Rider jump and delivers one fatal slash towards Heracles. A huge wound was created from his left shoulder to his waist as a result of Rider’s slash. Blood gushes out from the wound turning the area red. The wound that Rider gave Heracles would kill a normal servant but he was not a normal servant.

Despite his injuries, Heracles stood back up and wanted to strike Rider once more, but Rider used one of the trees as a foothold and jumped off it and decapitated the Greek hero. Seeing that her battle had temporarily ended, Rider went to search for Cisco. “Master, where are you? Sis is worried about you.” Rider was worried, because of what happened to Joey. She worried that the enemy master would make an attempt at her master’s life.

Using his powers, Echo held an unprecedented advantage over Cisco. There was not much that he could do but run and avoid the villain’s attacks. However, he could not run far as his alternate Earth counterpart could simply breach to him and continue his attacks. As he was running, Cisco remembered that he had prepared something in case he was caught in this sort of situation. Cisco went through his pocket and found the rune cube that Carter had given him as portable storage for his inventions. As he pressed on the rune, he searched through the various things he had placed inside the cube.

After going through all the things he had stuffed inside the cube, he finally found what he was looking for. “Found it”, Cisco stopped running and brought out one of his inventions, it was a pair of gloves. When the breach opened and Echo stepped out, Cisco was ready for him. “Hey Echo, listen to this”, Cisco points his gloves at Echo and unleashed sonic vibrations that cancel out Echo’s powers. Cisco adjusts the frequency and uses it again on his evil counterpart. Echo screams before losing consciousness. “Sonic scrambler, it’s a good thing I had Carter bring me back to my lab for it. Thanks for the cube Carter, it came in handy after all.” Cisco throws the cube into the air before catching it and stuffing it in his pocket. Cisco ran back to the site of the initial battle to look for Rider.

When they both got back to the spot where they first arrived, they found each other again. However, their reunion was cut short as Scheherazade was also there. “It’s time for you to die Red Rider. You and your master as well. I’ll make sure that I’m the last one to survive this war. I can’t die again. I don't want to die again. I won't die again.” Fear could be seen in Scheherazade’s eyes when she mentioned her death.

2