Chapter 55: Clash! The King & The Pioneer
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Archer enveloped himself in electricity. When the sparks of electricity disappeared, Archer had mechanical equipment made of copper cover the entire right side of his body. The mechanical armor was fitted over his purple suit. “Master, you should take cover. I don’t want you getting hurt in this fight. Electric currents raced around his fingertips. When he balled his fist, his fist became coated with electricity.

Heeding Archer’s warning, Lena ran behind a tree and kept her distance. She shouts words of encouragement for Archer, “Teach them a lesson, Archer. Show them your electrifying personality.” Archer laughs as he heard his master’s play on words. Archer raises his right hand and un-balls his fist. He pointed all five of his fingers at Artoria. Electricity arched around his hand before it shot out.

Seeing Archer equipping himself, Lex noticed that it was his queue to leave the battlefield. When he ran further away enough, he tapped a few buttons on the touchpad on his watch and it reconfigured itself. The watched expanded d covered his hand in a mechanical gauntlet. “This will show her who the real CEO of Lex Corp really is.”

As the spark of electricity approached Artoria, she scoffs at the incoming attack and rolls to the side. Artoria stabs her lance into the ground. The ground started to shine. A bright pillar of light rose up from the ground and reached the sky with Artoria at the center of it. When the light finally dispersed, Artoria was now sitting atop a white stallion. She became the symbol of a graceful white knight in fairy tales.

Seeing the white horse appear, Archer took immediate action and coated his fist with electricity, and punched the ground. A wave of electricity moved in Artoria’s direction. Just as it was about to hit the King of Knights, a barrier of light appeared and protected her. Archer did not flinch and tried again. This time he used a more direct approach and directly fired an arrow of electricity at Artoria. Once again, a barrier of light protected her.

As a scientist and engineer, Archer possessed a keen sense of awareness and observation. He noticed that each time the barrier appeared, the lance made of light dimmed slightly. As he was making his conjuncture, his enemy charged at him with her horse. Artoria pointed her lance at Archer as she charged him.

Archer rolled to the side to avoid the impending attack, but at the same time, he counterattacked. As he rolled away, he unleashed a bolt of electricity at the enemy Lancer. When he turned around and saw Artoria stopping, he noticed that there were arcs of electricity around her. His attack worked. He had proven his theory true.

Archer thought to himself, “So I was right, that barrier was no barrier at all. It was actually her lance stopping my attack.” Archer became more confident in facing Artoria. “Tell me, King of Knight, why do you fight for that piece of scum Lex?” Artoria brought her steed around and faced Archer. “Yes, he is a piece of scum. I fight for him because I did not have a choice. He summoned me here. He is a lousy and immoral leader.”

Artoria continues to clarify her situation in her emotionless tone, “When I first came here, I noticed he was not suited to be my master and I was against him at first. But his ally, the one who gathered all of the masters, taught him how to use the command seal. Since I refused to obey him, He used one of his seals, to make me obey him. That is how I ended up in my current predicament.”

Beneath her lion mane-like helmet, Artoria was glaring at Archer. “I’ve answered your question Red Archer, now you will answer mine. How do you know of my identity? No servant should know the identity of another unless they themselves revealed their true name. So I ask again Archer, who are you and how do you know my identity?”

Archer scoffs at Artoria’s question, “You’ll only get your answer if you can defeat me. But I will reveal a little bit about myself. Artoria Pendragon, You are someone who bears the title King of Knights. While I on the other hand have a more humble title, Pioneer of the Stars.” Archer once again charges up the electricity in his copper armor, before unleashing a barrage of attacks. He shot out several electric arrows, before hitting the ground with his fist. Once again Artoria blocks the electric arrows when her lance dimmed. Just as she was about to charge him a second time, Artoria was hit with an unexpected attack. Her steed as well as Artoria herself received an electric shock from below them.

The sudden sneak attack surprised her, but Artoria kept a cool head and faced her enemy head-on. She charges her lance and a spiral of energy appeared at the tip of her lance. Artoria once again charges at her enemy but this time she moved at a greater speed. Archer did not have enough time to dodge the charging horse and he was hit in his left shoulder.

Archer was sent flying before he rolled along on the ground. Archer managed to get back up on his feet, despite the pain he was suffering. When he inspected the wound, he found that there was a large hole in his left shoulder. He could no longer move his left arm. In addition to that, the pain he felt from the wound was excruciating.

As the two servants were fighting, their masters did not fall behind. They moved away from their servant’s battlefield and found somewhere else for them to settle their grievances. Lex took cover behind a tree but he could still see the figure of his sister not too far away. Orange light lit up on the back of Lex’s hand. The gauntlet displayed that it was fully charged.

Lex shouted from behind the tree just loud enough for his sister to hear him. “You know Lena, you should just give up while you still have a chance. Just surrender this fight, and return all of Lex Corp to me then I can give you a nice little place on a tropical island somewhere. Isn’t that nice of me. All you have to do is let your servant die, help me get my wish granted, then we can let bygones be bygones. I’ll stay here to keep things running while you take a vacation.” Lex then mumbles to himself, “A permanent vacation”.

Lena heard everything her brother had to say while she hid behind a tree. Thankfully for her, the tree was large enough to hide her entire body. Lena took out a small cube from her pocket and pressed the rune on the cube. She looked through the space inside and found what she was looking for. It was a prototype weapon she and Archer had designed. “Thank you Carter”, Lena spoke softly as she pulled out the gun-shaped weapon from the storage cube.

Lex kept watch of his sister from behind the tree. When he saw her peeking out, he aimed his hand at her with his palm open and fires an energy blast of hot plasma. Seeing the energy projectile approaching, Lena stopped peeking and hid back behind a tree. When Lex saw his sister once again taking cover behind the tree, he ran to her with his palm open.

As he got closer to the tree Lena was using as cover, Lena came out of hiding. Lex fired another energy blast. Lena saw what her brother was doing so she ducked as he fired, and she aimed her gun at him. She pulls the trigger and a blast of electricity was fired from the weapons. The blast sent Lex flying a short distance. Lex rolled when he landed.

After getting shot by the weapon, Lex found that he could not move. “I can’t move. What is that thing?” Lex was stunned and paralyzed. Seeing that her brother was still conscious as she stood over him, Lena revealed the name of the weapon. “How do you like my new Shock Pistol? Packs a punch doesn’t it? This is still just a prototype. Once it’s completed, it’ll be a new weapon to help law enforcement.” Lena then shot Lex again. The second shot completely incapacitated him.

Lena checked on her brother and found that he was still breathing. “Not bad. Still needs a little work on the power output. Thanks for being my guinea pig, Lex.”

While the two masters were settling their scruples, on the servants’ side, the fight was reaching its climax with both of them about to finish the battle with each of their individual Noble Phantasms.

The skies darkened as storm clouds began rolling in. Lightning flashed in the sky as thunder boomed and echoed throughout the entire battlefield. Archer began levitating as his feet left the ground. Arcs of electricity surrounded him originating from the copper armor. Lights began flashing around his hand. A ring made of light and electricity hovered above him rotating at incredible speed. Lightning descends from the clouds and strikes Archer  However, as the lightning strike came closer, it was absorbed into the ring and the ring grew brighter. “God’s thunder can be found right here. Now woe and behold”, the ring rotated faster and faster as it increased speed. The ring then descended. Instead of hovering over him, it was now rotating around him as it pulled down the lightning from the clouds and continued absorbing them. All the energy from the ring of lightning and electricity finally gathered on Archer’s hand.

While Archer was performing his Noble Phantasm, Artoria was doing the same. She sat on her horse and held the reins tight as her steed leaped into the air. They soared into the sky and broke through the dark clouds. Once again sunlight descends upon the battlefield. “Sacred lance, removing restraints! Light, may you be released from the ends of the world. Split the heavens and tether the earth, anchor of the storm!”. These were her words as she reached the peak height of the leap. When she reached that height, Artoria commands her white steed to charge downwards at her enemy. From that height and with the help of gravity, her charge quickly gained momentum, speed, and velocity.

The two servants looked at each other in the eye as they uttered the true name of their respective Noble Phantasms. Archer aimed his hand at Artoria, “System Keraunos!” At the same time, Artoria was quickly approaching Archer’s position with her lance pointed at him and a spiral of energy spun around the tip of her lance, “Rhongomyniad!

Both of them were hit with each other’s Noble Phantasm and it resulted in a large explosion.

0