Chapter 56: Parting Words
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just after Lex lost consciousness from the shock pistol, Lena heard a loud explosion. “BOOM!” Worried for her servant’s safety, Lena quickly took off in the direction of the explosion.  She ran as fast as she could. When she got to the site of the battle, she saw exactly the scope of carnage a fight between servants entailed. She now understood why Oliver took them all to this place when they were about to fight.

If that fight were to take place in the real world, a large chunk of the city would either be destroyed or leveled. Looking at the crater before her, Lena shouted and called for her servant. “Archer! Archer! Archer! Nikola! Nikola! Nikola!” Despite her calls, Archer did not respond. When the dust cleared, Lena saw two people lying on the ground at the bottom of the crater.

Lena runs to her servant. She saw the condition he was in. Archer was beyond saving. Almost half of his body is missing with his blood staining the ground beneath him. “Archer, no, Nikola, it’s going to be okay. You’re going to be okay.” Lena tried to comfort herself, but even she knew, there was nothing that she can do to save Lancer. Lena finally realized how Cisco felt when he lost Rider. The bond they shared as master and servant was irreplaceable. Losing her servant felt like losing a dear friend.

Nikola choked a little and vomited some blood. “It’s okay master, I signed up for this the moment I was summoned. From the very beginning, this outcome had been a possibility. Master, no, Lena, could you do me a favor and check on Artoria. I need to know her condition. I at least want to contribute to our victory. I don’t want my death to be in vain.”

Lena nods and approaches Artoria. When she got to her, Lena found that Artoria’s armor was charged with a terrifying amount of electricity. Sparks and arcs of electricity still surrounded her armor. Lena took out the storage cube and pressed on the rune. She pulls out a pair of rubber gloves and puts them on her hands.

Lena braced herself and pulled the helmet off the King of Knights' head. When her face was revealed, Lena saw that Artoria was horribly burnt. Her face was horribly burnt and she was breathing erratically. She was on the last leg of her life. “Archer’s master, no I should call you Nikola Tesla’s master. You should thank your servant. Near the end of our clash, he was able to deal me a fatal blow. Even right now, I can feel my organs failing. It is just a matter of time before I die.”

Artoria smiles, “From how I see it, you managed to defeat your brother. I commend your efforts. Someone like him can never be allowed to lead the masses. Someone who thinks only of himself can never be a king. Of course, who am I to talk? I failed my people as I tried to save them. My final parting words to you Ms. Luthor. Please end this war as quickly as possible. Tell that Faker to stop that arrogant prick Gilgamesh and his master.”

With Artoria’s final parting words, she began turning into light and began dispersing. Lena returned to Archer to listen to his final words for her. When she got back to him, the same thing that happened to Artoria was happening to Nikola. His legs had turned into light and began dispersing as light particles. Lena holds onto his hand to listen to his final parting words to her.

Nikola smiles, “Lena, I’ve enjoyed my time working with you. Even though I’m dying, I know you’ll carry on my legacy. I’m sure that in the future, the next generation will carry on your legacy. Just like me, you are a pioneer of technology. My last words to you, don’t stop working. Keep on creating new ways to improve people’s daily lives. Promise me this Lena. As long as you invent and create for the betterment of mankind, then you will always be remembered, and your will and legacy will continue on far after your passing.”

Nikola Tesla smiles at Lena as he disperses into light particles. After the two servants disappeared, Oliver reappeared beside Lena with an unconscious Lex by his feet. “Don’t let Tesla’s sacrifice be in vain Lena. Take Lex and get him to talk. Maybe he can tell you who the mastermind behind this Holy Grail War really is?” As Oliver said those words, the space around them cracked and shattered. Lena and Lex returned to her lab.

When they returned, Lena quickly takes out her phone and calls Kara. Kara was at the DEO, retelling the events that led up to Carter’s injuries when she received a call. She saw the caller id to be Lena and she picks up the call, “Hello Lena.” Hearing Kara answer her call, Lena told her to come to her lab immediately.

Shortly afterward, Kara arrived at Lena’s lab. She found Lex lying on the floor unconscious and Lena was nearby pacing. “Kara, thank goodness you’re here. We need to take Lex into custody right now before he wakes up. According to Oliver, He knows who started this Holy Grail War. If we can interrogate him and find out who this person is, then we can end this war much quicker.”

Kara heeded Lena’s words and took both of them to the DEO. When they arrived, J’onn had Lex sent to a detention cell. While Lex was being detained, an emergency meeting as called and all the master present at the DEO was in attendance. Lena recounted the battle and told everyone present what had happened.

Sometime after she and Nikola returned to her lab to work on the device, Lex broke into the building with Artoria. She then tells them about the battle that ensued.

Listening to her story, everyone felt depressed and sad for Lena. She had lost her servant tonight, right after Carter returned battered and full of injuries. Even though they had defeated three of the enemy’s servants, they themselves had suffered casualties. Two of the servants on their side lost their lives in an effort to deal the enemy a great blow.

Even though it was depressing, they all knew that the Black faction had been dealt a serious blow. J’onn could feel skies brightening with a conclusion to the sudden war. He hoped that the winds would keep blowing in their favor. Lena then proceeded to give them some good news, “Before he passed on, Nikola and I were able to finish the final calibrations on the device. Once we update the software, we will finally be able to pinpoint the location of every master and servant in the city.”

1