Chapter 59: The Bell Tolls
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Over his black armor, Assassin was clad in blue flames. He raises his sword and runs towards his opponent. Heracles swings his ax at Assassin. Despite the great power behind the attack, the agile Assassin was easily able to avoid the blade and run under the brute. Assassin runs past Heracles’ right leg and arrives behind him.

When the Greek hero turned around, he lost his balance. His right leg had been cut clean. He saw that everything below the knee was gone. Heracles roared in rage and swung his ax with a horizontal slash. Assassin jumps over Heracles’ arm as it swung towards him and he landed on the brute’s chest.

Assassin tightly gripped his sword and plunged it through Heracles’ heart. The beast roared as it died. Assassin pulled his sword out and jumped away from the Greek hero. He patiently waited for the beast to recover. “Bloody hell”, Constantine kept his eyes on the battle unable to look away as he watches Assassin easily immobilizes and kills the monster that is the Berserker, Heracles.

Assassin swings his blade downward to get rid of the blood that was stuck on it. Assassin waited for a while until the leg that he had chopped off, dispersed into light particles as another leg grew out of the wound that he had left on the beast. The wound on the chest closed and Heracles got back up on his feet.

Heracles had completely regenerated, “RARGHHHHH!” He roars to the sky completely enraged. Heracles used Madness Enhancement and his muscles bulked up. He had gotten stronger. The Greek hero had once again lost all rationality and was no different from a beast. He was fighting purely on instinct.

Sara finally arrives at the battlefield and found Heracles facing a man wearing a skull mask clad in black armor and blue flames wielding a sword. She saw Gary and Constantine taking cover behind a tree. And moved around the battlefield to reach them. Sara quietly moved on the periphery of the area until she reached Constantine and Gary.

Sara approached the two from behind, she startled Gary as he panicked. Sara calmed him down and spoke with Constantine. “Alright John, who is that guy fighting with Heracles? What did you summon from Hell this time?” Constantine raised his hands and denied her claims. “It’s wasn’t me. Believe it or not Love, the person who summoned him was you. That person clad in armor and flames is your servant Assassin.”

Sara shook her head, “That’s not possible. Assassin was a decrepit old man, just inches away from death. How can that guy be him? He obviously looks like someone who can hold his own in a fight. He’s doing it right now against that monster of a Heroic Spirit.” Sara watched with intrigue as Assassin fights against Heracles

Blocking, dodging, parrying, counter-attacking. From what Sara saw, the person before her is a master of combat, even she felt intimidated by him. Her fear was not unwarranted as she knew even she would have a hard time just injuring the monster but Assassin is easily able to keep up against the beast even to the point of gaining the upper hand.

Constantine scoffs at Sara’s puzzled face as he takes a cigarette, puts it in his mouth, and lights it. He blows a puff of smoke, “At least now we know Assassin’s true name.” Sara turns to Constantine, “Oh really, what is it?” Constantine blows out another puff of smoke before answering her. “You should be the one who’s most familiar with his name, Love. Assassin’s true name is Hassan-i Sabbah the first.”

Hearing Constantine’s answer, Sara slumped her shoulders. She was shocked at the identity of her servant. Sara recalls her days during her time at the League of Shadows. Nyssa had mentioned it to her during her training and studies. It was about history’s first assassin organization, the Hassansin. The greatest band of assassins the world had ever know. Everyone who joined the organization discarded their real names and took on the name Hassan.

Sara still recalled Nyssa’s words to her, “Oh Sara, how I wish to be a part of their organization. Sadly the Hassansin have disappeared in the annals of history. When the world no longer needed their services, they disappeared. But we keep a record of their most infamous exploits and their most infamous members. The most notable among them is their leader, Hassan-I Sabbah the First.”

Sara had just realized that she had insulted, undermined, and looked down on the greatest assassin in history. “Of course. I thought Carter got me to summon the weakest servant out of all of us. I thought he looked down on my abilities and helped me summon the weakest servant possible. But it turns out he summoned the strongest servant possible for me. I’m so stupid. I need to apologize to Assassin and Carter after this.”

As Sara was talking with Constantine, the battle between Heracles and Assassin was reaching its climax. Heracles swung his ax and Assassin blocked it but was sent flying into a tree by the momentum. Just as he was about to hit the tree, Assassin rotated his body to land on his feet. He then used it to catapult himself over the monster, and stab him in the throat. He then proceeded to pull out his sword, jump and bisect Heracles’ head.

Assassin once again jumps backwards and patiently waited for his opponent to regenerate himself. After a while, Heracles once again regenerated himself. The wound on this throat closed up, and his head was mended and returned to its original state. “RARGHHHH!” Once again the monster roars to the sky completely enraged.

Heracles looked around for his enemy before finding him. In his enraged state of madness, Heracles had lost all sense of reason and ran towards the person that killed him, and swung his ax with all his strength. With his high level of agility, Assassin easily avoids the attack and deal Heracles damage by cutting his abdomen.

Heracles roared even louder as he became more enraged. Once again he swings his ax with a diagonal slash. Assassin dodges it by jumping over it. While he was in mid-air, Assassin spun his body and slashed Heracles’ hand. The hand fell off. Assassin had cut off Heracles’ ax-wielding hand. Blood spurted out from the clean-cut. The ground beneath him was once again dyed red with his blood.

Assassin looked at the monster that is Heracles as he roared to the sky and raged destroying all the trees around him. “It is time for your misery to end my friend. I will let thy sleep and thy will no longer have to participate in this war.” Assassin looks at Heracles as his eyes glowed like the blue flames surrounding him while releasing an aura of death that could suffocate anyone in his presence. Assassin directs this aura of death towards the Greek hero. Heracles flinched as his back started to sweat. At his point in his life was the only time the Greek hero ever felt afraid.

“Hearken. For the evening bell has tolled thy name. The feathers foreshadow your death, for thou head shall be severed?” Using all of his strength, Assassin unleashed a single slash that severs Heracles’ head from his body. As he did so, everyone in the Reality Marble heard the toll of bells, “Azrael!

0