Chapter 61: Carter Awakens
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Carter felt like he spent a lifetime with Illya. She was like the daughter he always wanted. As they conversed, their surroundings changed. Illya used Carter’s memory as a base and changed their surroundings. The initial void of complete black emptiness changed into a lush green park. Carter and Illya were not sitting on a park bench looking at a pond. When Carter turns and looks over to his right, he found Eddie, sitting beside Illya.

Carter recalled this memory, it was one of the best dates he ever had. He turned to look behind him and found Saber and Lancer. They were smiling as they watched Carter and Eddie. Illya then hugged Carter, “Papa is so warm, Illya would like this. Illya wants to have this. Illya wants Mister Eddie and Mister Carter to be her dad and papa.”

Carter smiles as he hugs Illya back, “I also want this Illya. I want this to be possible. I want to wish for this to be possible.” As Carter said those words, the park, Eddie, Saber, and Lancer vanished. The scene changed, and they returned to the vast emptiness. Carter opened his eyes and looked around, “What happened? Why are we back?” Carter noticed that they had returned to the dark empty vast void.

Carter saw that Illya was still hugging him dearly and holding onto him tightly. As he looked at Illya, Carter saw that his hand began to fade. Illya releases him from her grasp. When she finally let him go, Carter realized that his entire body was fading. Then he looks to Illya. His eyes revealed how sad he was, “What’s happening Illya?” Illya smiles gently and a tear falls to her cheek. “You’re about to wake up papa. You’re leaving this place.”

Carter’s eyes begin to water and he starts to shed tears. “I don’t want to go yet Illya. I want to spend some more time with you.” Illya then reassures him, “Don’t worry papa. You need to return to daddy Eddie’s side soon. You don’t need to worry about me. Soon I will appear before everyone.” The last thing Carter saw in the vast void of dark emptiness, was the tears and smile of the little girl he wanted to call his daughter.

Slowly, his eyes began to open. It took him a while to adjust his vision but when Carter regained consciousness, Carter looked around and he found himself in the DEO infirmary. As he finally regained consciousness. As Carter was looking around, he noticed that his hand was grabbed. When he turns, he found that his hand was tightly held by Eddie. Eddie was asleep as he held Carter’s hand.

Eddie slept on the chair with his head on the bed, and his hand firmly holding Carter’s. Seeing Eddie sleep by his bedside, Carter felt guilty putting him through the experience. Originally, Carter wanted to let him sleep. But then he decided that he was against the idea. Carter realized Eddie must have been worried about him. He had suffered a terrible fall.

So Carter decided to wake Eddie up. “Eddie, Eddie, wake up sleepyhead.” Carter realized he could not wake Eddie up, as he tried, tapping on his shoulder, shaking him did not work, and speaking to him softly did not work. Finally, Carter decided to take drastic measures. “Imprint Caster”, Carter took on Solomon’s form and casts a spell. He generated a small spark of electricity on his hand and placed it on Eddie’s shoulder.

As he pressed the spark of electricity on Eddie, the man jolted awake from the spark. “Oww, what happened? What shocked me?” Carter watched the puzzled Eddie, “Good morning Sunshine. You looked like you enjoyed your sleep. What were you dreaming about?” Eddie tried to regain his composure and recover from the sudden jolt of electricity. He then answered the question like an automatic response. “It wasn’t bad. Nothing much, I just dreamt of our wedding.”

When Eddie fully recovered his train of thought, he noticed the voice that asked him the questions sounded familiar. When he turned his eyes to the bed, he found Carter awake. “Carter, you’re awake!” As he said that, tears started welling up in his eyes. He then rushes towards Carter and gives him a great big hug. He held Carter tightly and firmly in his grasp. “I missed you so much, Carter. Don’t ever leave me again. Don’t ever put me through that again.”

The doctor saw that Carter was awake, so he called and informed his boss of his patient’s condition. J’onn answered the call. He was talking with Kara and Pat when he got the call. “Carter’s awake. Let’s go see him.” After receiving the call from the doctor, J'onn informed everyone involved in the Holy Grail War about Carter’s condition. He told them that Carter had woken up.

When they heard J’onn’s announcement, everyone dropped what they were doing and rushed to the infirmary. Saber was the first to react to the announcement. Shortly after it was made, Saber raced to the infirmary. She saw that her master was awake and was hugging Eddie. She decided to join Eddie and hug her master.

After hugging him for a while they both released him. “Thanks for the hug guys, but did you have to hug me so tight.” Both Eddie and Saber apologized. As they apologized, someone Carter did not expect to see, walked into the room. “Oh, young man, looks like you’re awake. That’s great news. Do you want a rematch? I don’t mind facing you again.”

The person that just entered the room was the last person Carter expected to see. He even offered Carter a rematch. This person was the redhead that made Carter fall from such a great height. When Carter saw him, his head was filled with questions. “Iskandar, What are you doing here? Aren’t you, our enemy, how are you here?” Carter then turns to Eddie and Saber. They both sigh. Carter then asks Eddie, “Eddie, what is he doing here?”

Iskandar laughed and walk closer to Carter, and his master Roger Barts peek out from behind Iskandar, “Hey, nice to see that you finally woke up.” As he said that, everyone else had arrived. When they tried to come into the infirmary, the doctor on duty stopped them. “Only four at a time. I don’t want to overcrowd the place.” So everyone had to wait patiently outside the infirmary until someone left the room.

0