Chapter 63: The Sword & The Spear
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The four people at the table turned to the source of the voice. They did not recognize the person that was speaking to them. But Nero recognized the servant standing behind the man that just spoke. “You’re Lancer. I want a rematch. I’m still dissatisfied about the result of our battle.” Lancer smiled, “It’s not my fault that you lost. But I never knew you were such a sore loser, oh great Emperor of Roses.”

Nero became irritated, “Wipe that smirk off your face. You only won last time thanks to that flying girl from before. If it weren’t for her, I would’ve cleaned the floor with you.” Lancer smirks, “I wonder if the result would still be the same. Even without her help, I can still pound you into the ground and beat you senseless.” Nero’s face became red. Everyone at the table was unsure whether Nero’s change in face color was from anger or embarrassment.

Eric glares and scoffs at the person under the cowl, “The Flash, so you’re Lancer’s master. No matter what you try to do, I won’t talk.” On the other hand, Roger grins, “I’m willing to talk. Provided that you can afford the price of the information.” Eric then glares daggers at Roger for his outburst. While they were about to get into a fight, Iskandar continued to chow down on the food on the table. As they were arguing, the rest of the people noticed the sudden appearance of the Flash, and they immediately cleared out the café. None of them wanted to get involved in the ensuing fight.

A man was drinking a cup of warm coffee at a nearby table. He watched the calm river as he heard the argument between the three masters. He got up and walked over to their table. He sets his coffee down on their table. “Why don’t you guys settle this someplace else? We wouldn’t want to hurt any innocent civilians now, do we?” As he said that, everyone at the table set their sights on the newcomer.

Under their breaths, the masters muttered, “Oliver”, while the servants muttered, “Ruler”. Oliver places his gaze over the trio of masters and servants, “So, do you want to settle your little dispute. I can tell that Nero and Lancer are ready to go at it. How about you two?” Everyone nods

Seeing as how everyone agreed. They all once again found themselves enveloped in darkness. When the darkness dispersed, they were greeted by familiar scenery. They had returned to Oliver’s Reality Marble. Oliver appeared before them, “You all must still remember the rules of this place, so I won’t get in your way. I’ll return once the battle is over.” After he said a few words, Oliver disappeared.

Enveloped in light, Nero and Lancer were equipped in their respective battle attires as the light dispersed. Facing each other, they both got into a stance. Each of them was waiting for the other to make the first move. As they got ready, Eddie rushes towards Eric. He hoped to knock out the master as the servants settled the battle. However, the reality was different from what he hoped.

As he got closer, Eddie found himself slowing down. He began to have difficulty moving. His body felt heavy. When he finally reached Eric to deliver his punch, his speed had been reduced to the point he became visible to the naked eye. As Eddie came running towards Eric, Eric casts a spell to slow him down. “Erhöhen Sie das Gewicht, erhöhen Sie die Schwerkraft, und stoppen Sie seine Bewegung. (Increase the weight, increase the gravity, and stop his movement.)”

With his spell cast, Eric was able to catch the movements of his enemy. “Härten Sie meine Faust, machen Sie sie hart wie Stahl. (Harden my fist, make them as hard as steel.)” Eric casts another spell and dodges Eddie's punch. He then countered with a fist of his own. His punch sent dazed Eddie as he staggered to keep himself from falling down. Eddie then countered with a flurry of fists slightly faster than normal.

Eric was able to see the incoming attack but he was unable to react fast enough. The flurry hit him and he fell on his butt with a thud. While the masters were fighting with magic, superpowers, and fists, the servants were duking it out with their clashing of sword and spear. Sparks flew as they continued their clash. With each slash of Nero’s sword, Lancer was able to deflect it using her spear before counter-attacking.

Lancer twirled her spear before thrusting it at Nero. Nero parries it and comes in close slashing brandishing her sword at Lancer’s face. Lancer skilfully dodges it by jumping backward. Lancer regains her composure and gets back into her stance. Seeing Lancer jump away, Nero sucks in a breath and puffs out her chest. She taunts Lancer, “Umu, not bad Red Lancer. You’re much better than I thought. But if that is all you’ve got then it is not enough to defeat me.”

Nero dashes towards Lancer screaming, Lancer in turn reciprocates. A bright flash was created as they clashed. Their weapons clash with each of them trying to get the upper hand but neither of them was faltering. “I could say the same to you little girl. I fought with a lot of heroes claiming that they were stronger than me, but eventually, they all lost by my hands and continue to wait in the halls of Valhalla.” Finally, with a spurt, the ground beneath Lancer’s feet cracked as she pushes Nero. Lancer, having won their clash, took the advantage it had given her, smacked Nero in the face with the butt of her spear.

Lancer smiles as Nero regains her footing and returned to her battle stance. “Why don’t I take you to Valhalla and introduce you to some of them.” The two heroes continued their clash as Nero came to a realization. Putting together Lancer’s words, she caught a glimpse of Lancer’s identity. Nero points her sword at Lancer, “Lancer, you’re a Valkyrie, aren’t you? An emissary of the King of the Aesir Odin. Do you think the great god Mars will allow you to take me, an Emperor of Rome?”

Nero scoffs at the idea, that Lance wants to take her to Valhalla. She then prepares herself for another clash. Nero stabs her sword into the ground, “Behold my glory... Hear the thunderous applause... Sit down and praise... My Golden Theater! Kingdom of Heaven and Hell... My heaven, reconstructed! This is where the limelight shines! Aestus Domus Aurea!” As Nero was chanting her Noble Phantasm, a theatre took form around the four people currently battling.

The theatre that appeared was gold and had red banners strewn throughout. It signified the glory and cultural advancement of Rome during Nero’s reign as the Emperor of Roses. Nero pulls out her sword from the ground and rushes towards Lancer. As Nero created her theatre, Lancer did not wait for the incoming attack, instead, she also readied her Noble Phantasm.

She remembers the time she spent with Eddie and she remembered how much in love Eddie and Carter were, she felt jealous at the same time attracted. “It's troubling. My power is... Love. Hate. Love. Hate. Love. Love. Love, Love, Love...” Lancer twirled her spear as she jumps. As she twirled it, Lancer remembered about her own love life, then her spear changed into a larger more beautiful spear.

The two heroes dashed towards each other. Nero swung her sword, “Imperium of the Maiden's Flowery Words, Laus Saint Claudius!” While Lancer dashed towards Nero intending on thrusting her spear, “Until Death Divides Us Apart, Brynhildr Romantia!

0