Chapter 64: Lucas Morse
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the two Noble Phantasms clashed, a large explosion was formed. Everything in their immediate vicinity was destroyed in the clash. At the bottom of the crater that was formed from the explosion, Nero and Lancer were both panting. Lancer was on her knees as she grabbed the wound inflicted upon her by Nero.

Nero on the other hand was standing proudly from her victory. She smiles proudly as she looked up to the sky with her sword stuck to the ground as if keeping her standing. “I have won our clash. The might of Rome cannot be overcome.” Just as she was about to finish her sentence, Nero fell. Eddie and Eric were still duking it out until they heard the loud explosion. They immediately stopped their scuffle and went to the site of their servant’s battle.

When they arrived, what greeted them was a scene of utter destruction. All the trees had been blown away and there was a large newly formed crater in the middle of the destruction. The two masters looked inside the crater to see their respective servants beaten and bloodied. Eddie went down to help Lancer, while Eric ran towards Nero to check on her condition.

When Eric turned her over he found that she had a large wound just above her right chest. She was bleeding profusely from the hole just above her chest.  Eric held her in his arms as Nero lied unconscious. Oliver reappeared between them and disabled his Reality Marble. The area around them began to crack and shatter until they returned to the café. Eddie watched as Eric held Nero in his arms. Oliver walked over to Eric and Nero, he grabs Eric’s shoulder, “Don’t overuse your mana. Get these two some help. Offer Eddie a deal.” After Oliver said a few parting words, he left.

After giving some thought to Oliver’s words, Eric turns to Eddie, “I need your help Flash. Please lend us some of your mana. I need to heal Nero. I’ll do whatever you want if you help me.” Eric then turns to Roger, “You have to help me, Roger. Lend us some of your mana.” Despite his reluctance, Roger agrees. While Eddie on the other hand had a condition.

“I’ll help you heal her but afterwards, all of you need to come with us. We need you to answer some questions for us.” Eddie used a portion of his mana and channelled it to Lancer to heal her injuries. When her pain eased and colour returned to her face, Eddie went over to Eric and Nero. Roger and Eddie placed their hands over Eric’s and injected some of their mana.

With their help, Eric manages to save Nero as her wound began to close and colour returned to her. As they were healing Nero, Kara and Alex arrived at the scene with a group of DEO agents. “Eddie, Lancer, are you guys okay?” Eddie explained the entire situation to Kara and Alex as they healed Nero. After they finished, Eric, Roger, Nero, and Iskandar were apprehended by the DEO.

After being brought back to the DEO, J’onn interrogated the two masters. After landing in their current predicament, Eric decided to just tell them everything. “After the command seals appeared on our hands, the Professor gathered us together and summoned the servants. He told us about the Holy Grail and what it can do. Some of us were sceptical of the idea but when he presented us with irrefutable proof, we agreed.”

Eric and Roger revealed the identity of the Professor. With the information they provided, J’onn was able to gather intelligence on the final master. With everyone gathered together for the meeting, even the two Black masters and servants, J’onn presented his findings. “The name of the final master we need to stop is Lucas Morse. He is a professor in archaeology and ancient cultures at National City University. According to the information provided to us by Mr Peters, Professor Morse began his research into the Holy Grail a few years ago. From how things are at the moment, it looks like his research bore fruit.”

After the meeting, Kara, Eddie, and Alex went to apprehend him at his office. When they arrived, they found the office completely empty. As they continued their search, they accidentally activated a trap. The entire office exploded when a magic circle activated. Kara was able to get Alex to safety as Eddie ran out of the office as it exploded. When Eddie returned to see the extent of the damage, he found that nothing in the room was left intact. Kara then Alex returned to the office after Eddie entered.

“Professor Morse is pretty smart. He booby-trapped the room in case someone went rummaging through it. With everything in here is destroyed, who knows where he could be. With how he set up the place, I’m pretty his house must be rigged as well. Alex, tell your guys to be careful.” With their objective missing, Eddie returned to the DEO. Throughout the entire time, everyone at the DEO never topped searching for the location of Lucas Morse.

Present Day

Eddie told Carter everything that transpired while he was in a coma. Carter sheds a tear and hugs Eddie. “Eddie I’m sorry. I’m sorry I didn’t return to you earlier. It’s just that dream as too real, and it was all that I ever wanted.” Carter kept crying as he and Eddie were in each other’s embrace.

Carter then told Eddie everything that he experienced in his coma. How he met the spirit of the Grail and what they talked about. She even showed him a possible future for himself and Eddie. Carter enjoyed the dream so much that he was lost in it. Eddie then comforted the teary-eyed Carter, “It’s okay Carter. If it were me, I would’ve done the same thing. Something like that would be a dream come true.

After he woke up, Eddie helped Carter get up. The sight of Iskandar standing proudly before him made Carter flinched. Iskandar laughs with his arms crossed over his chest, “Well young man, how about another round. You need to get stronger don’t you, I think I’m the person best suited for the job.”

Carter noticed how he flinched at the sight of Iskandar. His body had a trauma against the King of Conquerors. Despite the reluctance of his body, Carter knew he had to overcome his fear. He knew he had to overcome greater adversity if he were to face off against the King of Heroes. “Give me some time to recover, then I’ll face you.” Iskandar laughs once again, “That’s the spirit. You must never stay down, otherwise, how will you join our ranks.”

0