Birthday gal 1
958 12 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a crazy time during the festival, it seemed that things had calmed down for Ishi and his friends. So much so that his daily life mainly consisted of surviving silly escapades with the girls and his other classmates. However, little-by-little, things were beginning to change. And today, that change was going to come in the form of people blowing on party horns.

“Ahh, this is going to be such a blast.” Ryugi’s friend, Nayaka couldn’t contain her excitement as classes had come to a close for winter break.

“Yeah, it’s hard not to be excited about Christmas, New year’s, and your birthday.” Said Non. Ryugi’s birthday landed on a very special date. That being on December 25th, better known to the rest of the world as Christmas day.

“We’re gonna to throw a totally huge party that day.” Ritsuko continued on. It seemed that none of them even cared to keep it a secret since that was practically impossible given the time period. “Let’s invite the entire class, except for that Ishi kid.” She had to have known he could hear them as he was simply sitting at his desk, getting his things into his bag.

“Oh come on, don’t you think you’re being unfair?” Ryugi defended him. “Besides, it would be horrible to not invite him, especially since…” Ishi wasn’t going to like what she had to say next. Mainly because he absolutely despised that this was a fact of their lives. “It’s his birthday too!”

Yes, despite the unlikelihood, she wasn’t lying. Ishi and Ryugi were both born on the same exact day. On Christmas too, to make it all the more absurd. Either way, he wasn’t a fan of sharing something like that with the gal of all people. On the bright side, since she was the popular girl that everyone cared more about, he was usually able to slip away undetected. However, this time was a little different considering the girl standing in front of his desk now. “So what do you said, Ishi?”

“I don’t know, my breaks are usually supposed to be a break from all you guys.” He answered. “And don’t think you can just say we’re sharing in the celebrations. We both know that you’ll just end up overshadowing me.” Not to mention that everyone else probably didn’t care about him turning into adulthood.

“But it would be tons of fun.” Rinse pleaded their case as she still sat besides him. “Like they said, they’re going to invite the entire class, so it’d be nice if you came along too.”

“I agree.” Youna spoke up as she had gone around the desks to make sure everything had been in order before everyone left the school for the break.

“Aren’t I popular.” He quipped as Ishi put all his things away. “It’s whatever, I’ve never really been into birthday parties.” That was regardless of whether they were for him or anyone else. As the boy stood up from his seat, the others only looked on, wondering why he was hesitant on coming.

Sure, it was Ishi Hirose. Plenty of their other classmates would say that’s just him being himself. A boy who didn’t care to have fun with anyone else and would rather stay at home reading some books and being lame. However, they knew he was willing to join them on some festivities. He even said that he’d be willing to go places if Youna asked.

“Wait!” After standing still in front of his desk, Ryugi finally snapped back into reality to see him about to exit the room. Ishi was confused as to why everyone just stopped doing stuff, so he decided to not waste any more of his time and began to leave. Everyone in class paused in what they were doing themselves to watch the pair have their conversation from across he classroom.

“What’s wrong now?” He responded annoyed that his return home was going to be delayed.

“How can you say that you don’t want to come to my birthday party?” She asked.

“Forget it.” Since their conversation wasn’t private, other people were able to cut in with their own thoughts about the matter. Ryugi’s friend Ritsuko certainly had her own opinions on the boy. “He’s just a loser who shouldn’t be invited to parties.”

“Okay, that’s a bit harsh.” Though he wasn’t against the assessment seeing as he had spent the majority of high school getting people to ignore him. “But when did I say that I wasn’t going to go?

“What?” His response confused not only Ryugi, but everyone else in the classroom including the teacher. “But, you said that parties aren’t your thing.” He certainly didn’t accept the invite seeing as she never heard the word, yes, from him.

“Well, I don’t know if I can come.” It was still his own birthday after all, as well as Christmas day. While his family hadn’t made any discussions about it, Ishi couldn’t just accept this without knowing what was to come for him during the break. “So I can’t give an answer before I find out.”

“But then, why did you just walk away like that?” Asked Rinse. She believed that when he left his desk, that his answer was clear.

“Because you all stopped talking for a while, so I thought we were done with the conversation.” Everyone thought that was the stupidest reason for anyone to just ditch their friends, but he was anxious to be going home by now.

“Well, I don’t want you to leave until we get a proper answer.” Ryugi provided an ultimatum. Either he makes his decision now, or not get invited at all. With those words, he took his first steps back out of the classroom. “W-wait, I was just kidding about that last part.” She yelled out, getting him to turn back.

“I was just joking about that.” He chuckled. Seeing her angry face made him laugh at how badly she wanted him to come. Something about this girl had brought out his sense of humor. “Look, how about this?” Ishi came up with a little wager on determining on if he should join the party. He suggested that the entire classroom vote on it. While he might not care about their feelings of him. Chances were that he was disliked and expected them all to keep him out so they’d have more fun.

“Fine!” Ryugi accept his challenge as she raised her hand. Of course, she was going to vote for him to come. Rinse and Youna followed her shortly after as they had already asked him to come.

“Looks like that’s three… Out of 29.” There were 30 students in their class, but he wasn’t going to count himself as the matter pertained to him. “Anybody else?” He beckoned for others to reveal themselves, expecting that trio to be the only ones to want him there.

“Come on buddy, you can’t forget I’m still here.” Otoya raised his hand, which wasn’t that big of a surprise since they were best friends. Okay, he was certain now that this was it. Yet the wave of votes didn’t stop here.

Instead, very slowly, more and more of his classmates raised their hands. Ishi scanned along the room and was shocked that some of them actually wanted him to come. He thought that most people hated his guts with the harsh words he said to them.

What he was still yet to realize was that everyone around him really had come to appreciate his existence. After all, this was the same boy that saved their field trip when the bus broke down. The same boy that had saved Rinse’s life. The one that lead the charge for the boys during their sports day.

As much as he might not consider himself as such, some viewed him as an unsung hero. Though they would deny it if asked by anyone else. By the end of this voting spree, practically everyone but Ryugi’s three friends had their arms raised in favor of inviting him. Even the teacher wanted him to do it, and no one asked for his opinion.

“So that’s 27…” He sighed upon getting the count. Ishi thought that maybe he had upset enough people so that some might’ve voted for the choice that would make him the least happiest. “Fine, looks like you win.” With the overwhelming support, he had no choice but to relent.

“Yay!” Ryugi cheered out to celebrate the fact as she rushed up to him. Despite being scolded not to run inside the classroom, she didn’t care about the rules as she leaped up into the air and hugged onto Ishi. He wasn’t ready for her to do so and they pair ended up falling into the hallway with her on top of him.

“You gyarus really can’t contain your emotions, can you?” He complained to her while being crushed under the weight of her assets.

“Sheesh, I know we’re excited to get out of school, but this is a bit much.” They weren’t private while on the ground they were. There were plenty of other students now out in the hallways ready to meet with their clubs or head home for the break. The person standing above them was Chiane, who had came over to see if anyone had any plans for after school.

She stood above them with arms crossed about the sight. That wasn’t the only sight he received as his position gave a surprisingly decent view of under her skirt. “Maybe the rumors about camp were true after all.”

“Th-this is not what it l-looks like!” Ryugi scream out to defend herself.

And thus came the end of Ishi’s last day at school before the end of the year. However, by the time they get back into classes, his relationship status was going to be very different.

19