Chapter 05: The Grudge Part final
300 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the middle of the night in Chicago there was a fire in a building. And in front of him there were several firefighters, police and ambulances trying to control the situation.

The firefighters who are responsible for fighting the fire, were divided into numerous teams, working together in an attempt to end the fire that showed no signs of stopping.

(Fire Department Captain): "What ?! Was another truck empty? "

(Firefighter 1): "Affirmative! That was the report from team number eight "

(Captain of the Fire Department): "But what is happening ?! More than forty thousand liters of water were used in this fire and no sign of the fire going out "

(Firefighters 1): "Captain! Team eight asks for permission to remove the truck, to replenish the water it lost "

(Fire Department Captain): "Permission granted, you can withdraw for refueling"

(Firefighter 1): "Understood!"

(???): " Aaaaah !"

(Fire Department Captain): " Huh ?!"

Upon hearing a sudden shout, the fire department captain looked toward the entrance to the building where a fireman had screamed like a madman, while he threw himself on the ground, rolling several times on it.

(Crazed Firefighter): " Aaah ! It burns! There! I'm burning! There! Help! Aaaaaah ! "

Seeing the plight of the fireman, the captain asked a nearby team for help.

(Fire Department Captain): "You! Help him take off his overalls "

(Firemen):""" Yes, captain!"""

Hearing the captain's orders, the fire crew ran to help the crazed fireman.

And as he watched the crew helping the crazed firefighter, the captain noticed that the rest of the rescue team had returned, seeing them leaving the building's entrance.

(Rescue Team Leader): "Captain!"

(Fire Department Captain): "Did you find any survivors?"

(Rescue Team Leader): "No, captain. We haven't found anyone"

"Um! And what happened to him?" asked the fire department captain, pointing to the crazed firefighter being helped by another team.

(Rescue Team Leader): "... Actually, we don't know"

(Fire Department Captain): "What do you mean, you don't know ?!"

(Rescue Team Leader): "... When we finished looking for survivors on the first floor, we decided to go to the second. But at the entrance to the second floor we found a little fire and when we approached him,  Albert who was at my side started screaming hysterically and ran away from that place, leaving us perplexed by its sudden change "

(Captain of the Fire Department): "And did you see if any embers got in his overalls?"

(Rescue Team Leader): "No, sir. I didn't see anything and even if that was the case, he shouldn't have acted that way"

Hearing the words of the rescue team leader, the captain nodded in agreement. After all, all of his men were trained to remain calm in these types of situations.

Finishing to help Albert the firefighter who had gone mad, a member of the team responsible for helping him went to the captain to make his report.

(Fireman 2): "Captain report! We managed to remove Albert's coveralls. But ..."

(Fire Department Captain): "But what?"

(Firefighter 2): "... We had to take him to the ambulance to be sent to the ICU ..."

(Captain of the Fire Department): "To the ICU? What happened to him?"

(Fireman 2): "... After we took off all his uniform, we examined his body and saw that he had several third degree burns spread over his body"

(Rescue Team Leader): "This is impossible! Albert never touched the fire"

(Firefighter 2): "We are also confused on this subject, since no part of his clothes had shown signs of contact with the fire, despite his injuries"

(Fire Department Captain): "Sigh! First a fire that never goes out and now unexplained injuries. But what is going on here anyway?"

****************************************************

On the roof of a house near the fire site, Lucas was sitting watching the firefighters struggle to try to put out the fire he caused.

(Lucas): "As I thought, they are unable to extinguish the infernal flames of Double Reinforcement. And that means that I will have to be more careful when using this technique in the future ..."

(Lucas): "Sigh! It seems like I have no choice. I'm going to have to change and put out the fire myself"

Sighing Lucas got to his feet and became the ghost rider.

Extending his arms toward the fire, the ghost rider began to focus.

Then the fire that burned the building began to subside until it finally disappeared.

(Ghost Rider): "Phew! Now's the time to go ... Hmm ! Let's see, how this browser works"

Trying to activate the browser that looked like a watch, the ghost rider pressed its buttons in the hope of activating it. As a result, the navigator called, releasing a strong green light that took the form of a small holographic fairy.

( Faylim ): "Hello! I'm Faylim , the navigation system created to help you ..."

(Ghost Rider): "I want to go to the next mission, so open the portal"

( Faylim ): "... Hmm ! That will not be possible"

(Ghost Rider): "What! Why won't it be possible?"

( Faylim ): "Why have you not completed your current mission yet? I am therefore unable to open portals for you"

(Ghost Rider): "As I did not complete, was it not for me to exorcise those spirits?"

( Faylim ): "In fact, your mission is to eliminate the ghosts of Kayako and Toshio . But you didn't do that, since what you eliminated were just clones"

(Ghost Rider): "Clones?"

( Faylim ): "Yes, these clones are part of the souls of Kayako and Toshio that were fed by the hatred, pain and madness of their victims"

(Ghost Rider): "So why didn't I feel any sin from them?"

( Faylim ): "Because their sin is accumulated elsewhere"

(Ghost Rider): "I don't understand"

( Faylim ): " Kayako and Toshio do not carry sin with them, because regardless of how many sins they commit. In the end everything will be absorbed by their place of origin, leaving them pure and strong to spread their hatred"

(Ghost Rider): "So if I destroy the place of origin, will it be over?"

( Faylim ): "Yes, if you destroy the place of origin of the curse, your first mission will be accomplished and you will be able to leave this world to fulfill the next one"

(Ghost Rider): "And in what direction is the place where the curse originated?"

( Faylim ): "It is west of here, about ten thousand one hundred and twenty-nine kilometers away"

(Ghost Rider): "Sigh! If I knew I was going to Japan, I would have gotten more information from Naoko , before she and her group were taken by ambulances "

Sighing, the ghost rider looked in the direction indicated by Faylim . Until he realized that there was a transparent compass pointing in the direction of the target.

( Faylim ): "I will assist you, using the system of a compass as a reference to take you to your target. Since you are a considerable distance from your final goal"

( Matoqueiro Fantasma): "I see, that will make things easier"

( Faylim ): "There is! And one more thing, if you have any more questions, you can call me by my name using your mind and I will answer you. So, bye, bye!"

After saying goodbye the little holographic fairy disappeared.

Seeing the little fairy disappear, the ghost rider went to the end of the house's roof and jumped on his bike that was parked beside the house.

Brum ! Brum ! Brum !

When riding on his motorcycle, the ghost rider accelerated several times before leaving.

****************************************************

Chiba City, Japan

On a beach in the town of Chiba, two teenage girls were playing volleyball alone while talking.

(Girl 1): "Hey! Sakura , when are you going to confess to Hayato-senpai ?"

( Sakura ): " Hmm ! I don't know, maybe on the last day of school"

(Girl 1): "On the last day ?! But why  wait so long?"

( Sakura ): "Because I think I'm undecided"

(Girl 1): "Undecided? Sakura , don't tell me that  you are interested in another boy"

( Sakura ): "I don't know, maybe I am"

(Girl 1): "But Sakura , Hayato-senpai is in love with you and everyone is already aware of that"

( Sakura ): "I know and that's why I'm undecided"

(Girl 1): "What! Weren't you falling for him three months ago?"

( Sakura ): "Yes, I was but ... I found out that he was not what I expected"

(Girl 1): "What do you mean?"

( Sakura ): "Well, he was too good, so my interest in him kind of cooled a little"

(Girl 1): "..."

( Sakura ): " Huh ! Hey, Sayuri , what is that?"

Holding the ball, Sakura stops the game and points to the strange silhouette in the middle of the sea.

( Sakura ): "... Is that a boat?"

( Sayuri ): "It doesn't look like a boat to me"

While the two were in doubt. The silhouette that came at full speed walking on the sea, reached the beach, stopping abruptly in front of them.

(Ghost Rider): "Hey, how's it going on my new machine?"

(Sakura e Sayuri): ""Ah! Yōkai!""

Screaming desperately the two Japanese girls ran out of the place.

(Ghost Rider): "Too bad, they were cute"

Sighing, the ghost rider sped his bike towards the city.

****************************************************

Within the city of Chiba.

(Woman 1): "Ah!"

(Man 1): "Huh?!"

(Man 2): "What is that ?!"

(Woman 2): "Ah! Yōkai !"

(Man 1): "Monster!"

(Citizens): """"""Aaaaaah!""""""

Causing a great uproar, the ghost rider walked the streets with his motorcycle. Scaring all the Japanese who crossed his path.

(Ghost Rider): "Um! What a busy city. I thought the Japanese were a little more polite ..."

(Ghost Rider): " Huh !"

While walking around the city, the ghost rider noticed that a strange shadow formed in the surrounding houses, was following him sorely .

Smiling internally, the ghost rider took his chain and threw it towards the shadow, penetrating it.

(Ghost Rider): "You went so far as to come here, why don't you come and say hello to Kayako ?"

Pull!

Pulling his chain, the ghost rider pulled Kayako out of the shadows, revealing his body that had been pulled by the chain wrapped around his neck.

(Kayako): " Creaaa..."

Bang!

Drag!

Colliding with the street floor, Kayako's body was dragged by the chain that was pulled by the rider who was driving his motorcycle.

Drag!

(Ghost Rider): "Well, as a thank you for coming to see me, I will take you back to your house, since this is the least I can do to pay for your kindness Hahahaha !"

Bang ! Bang ! Bang !

Shaking the chains, the ghost rider caused Kayako's body to collide with houses and vehicles, while accelerating towards Tokyo .

****************************************************

Tokyo City

On a Tokyo street , there were dozens of police officers who positioned their vehicles behind the barricade, made by them  to close the street.

And in the middle of these dozens of policemen, there was a policeman who was a little nervous about the situation and this policeman was the head of the task force.

(Task Force Chief): "So, are all the policemen in position?"

(Officer 1): "Affirmative, all officers were deployed"

(Task Force Chief): "Very good! With that we finished in time"

(Officer 1): "Yes, but boss, what is coming here?"

(Task Force Chief): "... That, I don't really know, since I received very confused orders from the superiors to carry out this mission"

(Officer 1): "Confused how?"

(Task Force Chief): "Well, they said something about intercepting a danger Yōkai who is dragging a woman's corpse through the city"

(Officer 1): "... Is this serious?"

(Task Force Chief): " Haha ! Yes, I also thought the same thing, but the superiors are very serious about this. So we cannot disobey ..."

(Officer 2): "Chief! I received a message from snipers, they said the target is approaching"

(Task Force Chief): "I see. Very well, everyone in their positions!"

(Cops): """" Yes!""""

Obeying the orders of the task force chief, all policemen were alert in their positions waiting for the target to arrive.

And then, after a few minutes, the figure of the ghost rider dragging a corpse became visible to all the policemen.

(Officer 3): "What is that ?!"

(Officer 4): "Is it a Yōkai ?"

(Officer 3): "How is that possible?"

(Task Force Chief): "Shoot !!!"

Bam ! Bam ! Bam !

Without waiting for the commotion to rise, the task force chief gave the order to fire while firing shots at the rider.

And following the orders of the chief of the task force, the policemen who had started to get nervous started shooting at the ghost rider.

But even being hit by them, the ghost rider showed no sign of stopping.

Bam ! Bam ! Bum ! Bam ! Bum ! Bum ! Bam !

(Officer 1): "Boss! He's not stopping"

(Task Force Chief): "Never mind, keep shooting!"

(Officer 1): "But boss ..."

(Task Force Chief): "Oh no!"

When the ghost rider arrived at the barricade, he crossed it as if it were nothing. Not slowing down and crossing the vehicles behind the barricade, dividing them in half causing several explosions that sent several policemen flying away.

Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!

(Cops): """""Aaaaaaah!"""""

The head of the task force who saw this hellish scene fell to his knees as he watched the ghost rider go away dragging a corpse along the chain.

(Task Force Chief): "... The Yōkais really do exist"

****************************************************

After crossing the street closed by police, the ghost rider continued his journey towards the place where a large amount of sin was being accumulated.

And during his journey, he also noticed that the number of people passing through the streets had decreased.

(Ghost Rider): "I can feel, a lot of souls suffering just ahead. And the number of them just keeps increasing, which means that the clones of Kayako and Toshio are still killing people around the world ..."

(Ghost Rider): "Hum! I can see the house now. So it's time to get this over with"

Upon seeing the cursed house, the ghost rider sped his bike towards it. And with surprising speed the ghost rider entered the house with a motorcycle and everything.

Boom!

****************************************************

Inside the house

The ghost rider looked around and saw that the whole house was covered in sin.

Irritated, the ghost rider pulled his chain causing Kayako's body , which was now a pile of bloody flesh, to enter the house and collide with the wall in front of the rider.

Baam!

After crashing into the wall, Kayako's body fell to the floor.

(???): "Meooooooooow!"

Hearing a cat's meow, the ghost rider looked towards the stairs and saw Toshio descending it with surprising speed.

After going down the stairs, Toshio ran straight for Kayako's body and then hugged her.

The rider who had been surprised by Toshio's sudden action , soon realized that large amounts of hair were growing from Kayako's body .

These hairs wrapped around Kayako and Toshio's body , forming a large ball of hair in the middle of the house.

The ghost rider who observed the situation, was a little confused until he realized that all the souls who were trapped in the house were being absorbed by the huge ball of hair, which was in front of him.

Crack! Crack! Crack!

With the sound of bones breaking and reassembling, the ball of hair began to grow until it reached ten feet. And when he reached three meters in height, all the souls that were trapped in the house had been absorbed.

Creeeaaaak !

Hearing the sound of Kayako , the ghost rider saw the ball of hair come apart and reveal a three-meter-high Kayako that had two pairs of horns on its forehead, long fingers with sharp claws and a long mouth with a huge row of teeth.

(Ghost Rider): "Fuck! It will be ugly in hell"

(Kayako): "Creeeaaaaak!"

With a cry of rage, Kayako slaps furiously towards the ghost rider. But he dodged the blow by speeding up his bike, causing the rider to leave the scene in an instant, letting her slap hit the ground.

Bruum !

Boom!

And hitting the ground, Kayako created a huge hole due to the force of the blow.

(Ghost Rider): "Hmm! Gaining a little strength, it won't make you win"

Bruuuuuum !

Accelerating his bike, the ghost rider pulled his chain while making several and several turns on the walls, causing the chain to wrap around Kayako's entire body .

And when he stopped going around, the ghost rider went back to the ground pulling Kayako's body , making her fall.

Boomp!

After making Kayako fall motionless  to the ground, the ghost rider got off his bike and walked over to her head.

(Ghost Rider): "How does it feel to have all the evil inside you?"

( Kayako ): " Cre ... aa ... ak !"

Seeing that Kayako was still making faint sounds, despite being sealed by the chains. The ghost rider caught her by the collar, making her come face to face with him.

(Ghost Rider): "All that power, all the souls, thousands of souls burning. Look into my eyes, your soul is stained by the blood of the innocent"

(Kayako): "Creaa..."

(Ghost Rider): "Suffer with them"

(Kayako): "... aaaw"

Then, looking into the eyes of the ghost rider thousands of memories attacked Kayako .

Memories that showed the love and happiness of parents and children, the passion and expectation of couples of lovers, the effort and desire of promising young people and the hope and sadness of unhappy people. All of these memories were lived by Kayako , an envious woman who created the curse, for never having experienced such happiness, due to monsters like her mother and her husband.

And experiencing the memories of her victims, Kayako saw that all these people had their happy lives ruined by a single monster, who was just as terrible as the people she hated.

And when Kayako saw the monster's face, a feeling of guilt hit her. Because the monster who was doing such cruelties was herself.

(Kayako): "AAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Feeling the greatest pain of his life, Kayako gave a loud cry that shook the whole house.

For the fire of guilt burned her from the inside  out, instantly turning Kayako to ashes with her lamentations.

And when his ashes came in contact with the floor, the whole house started to catch fire.

****************************************************

After leaving the burning house, the ghost rider felt his pulse tremble and a blue portal opened beside him.

( Faylim ): "Congratulations! You managed to complete the mission, now you are authorized to go to the next world to complete another mission. Good luck!"

(Ghost Rider): "And I want to get some rest. What a cruel little fairy"

Sighing, the ghost rider crossed the door, driving his motorcycle.

11