Chapter 17: House on Haunted Hill part 3
65 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Running down one of the hallways in the basement of the house. Sara, Eddie and Donald maintained their speed until Steven stopped and called out to them while panting a little.

(Steven Price): "Wait! Arf...!"

Upon hearing Steven's call, the group stopped running and looked at him.

(Steven Price): "... We can't go on like this... Arf... The basement is a dead end"

(Eddie Baker): "Okay. So what do you suggest? Do you want us to take on that thing? I'm armed here, but I'm not confident it will be enough to stop something that could easily break through an armored steel gate."

(Stenven Price): "No, we're not going to fight him, we're going to avoid him. Nearby there is a secret video surveillance room, which receives images from all the hidden cameras that are scattered around the house. We can use that to keep an eye on him. "

(Donald): "Yes, that might work. Not only could we monitor the creature's steps, we could also check that Evelyn, Pritchett, and Melissa are okay."

(Sara): "Guys, shouldn't that be in the basement entrance?"

Hearing Sara's question, the group looked at her and saw that she was pointing to a semi-skeletal sculpture of a baby lying on the floor just in front of them.

Seeing the sculpture on the floor, the group exchanged glances. Until Donald took the lead and walked toward the sculpture, while Eddie drew his pistol.

As he approached the semi-skeletal sculpture, Donald bent down and touched the body of the small sculpture to begin examining it.

(Donald): "There's nothing wrong with the sculpture. Looks like someone left it Aah...!!!"

Feeling a sharp pain in your finger. Donald yelped, interrupting his speech, before noticing that the small sculpture had bitten his finger. Making him scared and the small sculpture is thrown away.

As he threw the baby sculpture away, Donald fell on his butt on the floor, while holding his finger, watching in amazement at the semi-skeletal baby sculpture, which wriggled on the floor.

As they watched the semi-skeletal sculpture shift on the floor, the group began to hear the sound of horse hooves echoing down the hall.

Knock knock knock!

Looking down the hall, the group saw a semi-skeletal sculpture of a man appear mounted on a semi-skeletal sculpture of a horse.

Hiin in in hinir!

Under the semi-skeletal man's instructions the horse neighed, before starting to ride towards the group.

Seeing the sculptures approaching, Donald quickly stood up. As Eddie pointed his gun at sculptures.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Watching Eddie fire shots with his pistol. Steven, who was next to him, was very surprised. Since the weapon in Eddie's hands was one of the pistols, which Steven himself had prepared for tonight's event.

"Real ammo?! But I was pretty sure I'd put in fake ammunition… Haa, Evelyn. You really don't learn, do you?" Steven thought.

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

Firing several rounds, Eddie saw the bullets do little damage to the semi-skeletal sculptures that continued to advance towards them. Until he heard the voice of Sara, who was beside him.

(Sara): "Guys, there's another one!"

Upon hearing Sara's voice, the group looked back and saw another sculpture of a semi-skeletal man standing at the other end of the hall.

(Eddie Baker): "Damn, we're surrounded"

(Steven Price): "Let's go into one of the rooms"

While talking to the group, Steven opened the door to one of the halls. Before entering the room he followed the rest of the group.

Blam!

Upon entering the room the group closed the door, before Donald and Eddie used their bodies to keep the door closed as she was hit by the sculptures outside.

Bash! Bash! Bash! Bash!

Withstanding the knocks Eddie and Donald continued to lean against the door until the knocking stopped after a few minutes.

(Donald): "Has it stopped?"

(Eddie Baker): "Yeah, but it's not good to make it easy"

"Hey you two, get something to use as a prop for this door": Eddie said looking at Sara and Steven.

At Eddie's request. Sara and Steven dragged some furniture out of the room to block the door. And when they were done, everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

(Eddie Baker): "Oof... How crazy"

(Eddie Baker): "Hey, Mr Price. What is going on here anyway?"

Upon hearing Eddie's question. Donald and Sara looked at Steven, waiting for him to answer Eddie's question.

(Steven Price): "What's going on? That's what I wanted to know. From the moment you came, until the appearance of these things, none of this was planned by me. And, I am as lost as you are on this matter."

Seeing that they wouldn't get the answers they wanted, the group looked at each other. Before directing their attention to the room they were in.

Looking around the room, the group saw some chairs, bookshelves, and a table. Which led them to believe they were inside a private office.

(Eddie Baker): "Guys, look at this"

Upon hearing Eddie's call, the group looked his way. And they saw him approach one of the paintings hanging on the wall. Picking up one of them just before returning to the group and revealing that the painting was actually a memorial with the names and photos of the top doctors who ever worked there.

(Donald): "Class of 1931. "Living better through electricity". Dr. Richard B. Vannacutt, Director"

(Sara): "Look, I think… Wait. Oh my God! I already know how the guest list was made. Look at these names"

(Sara): ""Head Nurse: Ruthe Ann Stockard." "Electroshocks: Adolphus Jenzen." "Franklin Baker." "Thomas Steven Price." "Jasper Marr." Everybody is here"

(Eddie Baker): "Wait, I got lost. Who's here?"

(Sara): "Everybody. All those who were invited to this house are relatives of the medical staff who were here when the house burned down."

(Sara): "... There were five of us"

(Steven Price): "The five that survived. My God! That cannot be possible"

(Eddie Baker): "Hey! wait. Why isn't Blackburn's name here?"

(Sara): "Yes, it's true"

Noticing this irregularity Sara, Steven and Eddie looked towards Donald. Which took a while to react to that.

(Donald): "What?! Wait, you don't think I have anything to do with this, do you? I am a victim like you, who came to this mansion upon receiving Mr. Price's invitation. And if there is one responsible for this mess, Mr Price should know."

(Donald): "Besides, everything Miss Jenzen said was just a guess based on some coincidences. So it is unwise to take that hunch as an actual cause for us to be here."

(Steven Price): "Haha... He's right, we have too little information to come to any kind of conclusion. And as the person in charge of this party, it is my duty to find a solution to this problem. So I'll make sure that I solve all the mysteries that are going on in this house, Mr. Blackburn"

When he finished speaking, Steven walked away from the group just before walking over to a chair to sit down and rest.

Seeing Steven's action, Sara and Eddie looked at each other, before returning the memorial to the wall and returning to their local research. While Donald looked at Steven a little warily.

******

In one of the hallways of the basement of the house, the ghost rider walked quietly past several glass doors and windows that belonged to the rooms, which were connected to the hallway in which he was.

As he walked down the hall, the ghost rider watched the scene, leaving behind several closed doors, including one open where a pale-skinned nurse stood at the door, looking at him.

Interrupting his walk, the ghost rider stopped in the hallway before turning and looking toward the door, where the nurse was supposed to be. But... She wasn't there anymore.

Seeing that there was no one at the door, the ghost rider stopped looking at her, before turning around to find the nurse raising her arms to try to hold him back.

(Nurse's Ghost): "Ah gulp...!"

But before she could finish raising her arms. The ghost rider grabbed her throat, before pressing the nurse against a wall.

Bang!

(Nurse's Ghost): "Gulp!"

(Ghost Rider): "I want answers"

Aligning his gaze with the Nurse's gaze, the ghost rider's eyes will glow. And then several memories of the nurse began to be reflected in the ghost rider's eyes. And among these memories the image of Doctor Vannacutt placing a black idol on top of a pedestal was revealed to the ghost rider.

(Ghost Rider): "A hidden room? I see, it was very useful information. And... I don't need you anymore"

Ssss!

"Ahhh...!": The nurse screamed, before being reduced to nothing by the ghost rider's flames.

After having eliminated the nurse, the ghost rider looked in a certain direction, before walking back down the hall. As he was watched by dozens of pale white faces, which filled the windows of the dark rooms that were connected to the hallway where he was.

4