Chapter 0085
1k 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0085

Tempest was pushed to the side as the three stooges plus Dumb and Dumber swarmed Cardis like angry bees after a budding flower.

The three stooges were all dressed in white fluttery celestial robes, have glistening black hair, big almond shaped eyes shining with excitement and happiness and white flawless skin Tempest had never seen before. Even those K-pop girls don’t have such beautiful white skins and Korea is known for their insane pursuit of beauty.

Dumb and Dumber are a stark contrast to the three stooges in looks and bearing. Both were wearing a blue skin tight wetsuit ensemble that leaves little to the imagination, expertly highlighting their ample chest assets, thin waist, and curvy hips. Dumb had a dark blue hair and blue eyes while Dumber had a bright pink hair and green eyes. Both had a health peach colored skin tone.

Irregardless of their looks, all of them swarmed Cardis like a nest of wasps.

Their nattering grated on Tempest’s nerves. It made her want to swat them like real wasps, except these wasps are more dangerous than Godzilla and just as deadly.

Tempest didn’t dare make a move, so she shrunk herself into a small ball and watched the interesting drama before her.

“Cardis you bastard. You told me I was your one and only. Now I hear you also said those same words to my younger sister.” Stooge One berated Cardis once she was sure the Casanova couldn’t escape.

“Don’t listen to the old hag beloved. She has been jealous of me since the day I was born.” Stooge Two said while angling herself to show her best side to Cardis.

“You’re nothing to look at,” Dumb pushed Stooge Two out of the way, “while I am the Magus Alliance’s renowned beauty.”

“Ha, so what if you are renowned beauty in the Magus Alliance. I am ranked among the top ten beauties in the Cardinal Realm!” Stooge Three verballed slapped Dumb while boasting about herself.

While all this was going on, Dumber because she is seriously dumber than the rest of the group, came after Tempest.

Dumber held Tempest by her collar and shook her, all the while ranting, “You damn old hag, pretending to be a young girl to seduce a man. Do you have any shame? I’ve seen the stunt women pull to get Cardis’ attention but pretending to be a child to win sympathy takes is one the of the lowest of the low. Damn old hag, don’t think you can entice people to do your bidding with your innocent look and childish charms. You slowly worm your way into their hearts and then create a dubious event where you force them to marry you then fake an illness to reveal your true age. I’ve seen it done before. Your tricks might fool other people but it won’t work on me. I’ll reveal you for who you truly are!”

Dumber raise her hand and was about to slap Tempest but Cardis roughly pulled her out of the crazy woman’s grasp.

“What are you trying to do to her?” Cardis pushed Tempest behind him and turned to face the crazy woman.

Tempest felt a sense of warmth when Cardis came to save her. She never had a protector figure in her life, be it a mother figure, father figure or older brother figure. His kind gesture gave her a sense a security she rarely experienced. She finally has a person to shield her from the vagaries of life.

The feeling lasted until she realized Cardis put her in the line of fire of four green eyed monsters who would tear her apart if given the slightest chance.

Aiyah, old monster, where did you come from? Pulling a prank like this in the Magus Alliance will get you killed. Despite the lies the hypocrites from the Heavenly Mountains tell, we mages have no interest in children.”

“We cultivators from the Heavenly Mountains are pure and righteous. You cultivators from the Magus Alliances are no better than whores in a brothel, opening your legs for any man you fancy. Still, stooping so low as to imitate a child, that is wrong on many fronts. I, Ye Huang Hua will teach you a lesson.”

“There is no need to for long speeches in front of the scheming fox. Everyone attack her.”

Seeing the women spout their drivel and pull out their weapons for an all out attack, Tempest did what any sensible person would do, switch places with the bastard who got her into trouble in the first place. She ran between Cardis and held onto his thighs, intending to use him as a shield.

Cardis didn’t survive as long as he did without developing powerful skills and fast reflexes. He immediately put up a rock shield fortified by his personal mana, blocking the attacks launched by the women then turned around to block the attack Dumber launched when she caught sight of Tempest.

Fearing that Tempest might get hurt in the ensuing fight, instead of countering as he normal would have, Cardis cast a movement spell [Fiery Propulsion] and moved out of range of the attacks.

“Have you all gone mad? I’ve heard women are the most vicious creatures in the world when they are riled, but I thought the five of you were better than that. All of you dare attack a child in my presences. Do you want to die?”

Cardis righteous anger stopped the women in their tracks.

Anger, jealousy and disgust loosen the hold they had on their emotions, spurring them to lash out at their target.

“Beloved, that dried up prune is taking advantage of your generosity. She isn’t an innocent little girl at all.” Stooge Two said, confident in her assessment of Tempest.

“Cardis, you idiot. Everyone knows how kind you are to children. The vixen is trying to gain your affection by pretending to be a young girl.” Stooge One back up Stooge Two.

Dear, the scheming slut is using your only known weakness against you. We don’t want to see you hurt.” Stooge One, also called Ye Huang Hua said in a soothing tone but everyone can feel the conviction in each of her words.

“And you two?” Cardis asked Dumb and Dumber.

Dumb shrugged while Dumber tried to explain, “The spirits never like it when children are involved in such matters. When I saw the little girl trying to take advantage of you, I got mad.”

“You girls are underestimating me too much. I may pamper little children, but it doesn't mean I can’t tell the difference between an actual child and a cultivator pretending to be one.”

“We all heard about the fox spirit.”

“And you believed it?” Cardis asked incredulously. The women turned away in embarrassment, telling Cardis their stance on the matter. “There were no fox spirits. The children everyone was talking are really children. One of the families under my guild’s protection was attacked. I was asked to escort the children to a safe location instead of fighting. Apparently no one in the guild wants me to fight unless it is absolutely necessary.”

“Beloved -”

“Don’t give me any excuse. You all should have known better. This little girl is a seedling I’m escorting to the guild as well. You can test her bone age - .

Before Cardis can complete his sentence, Dumber grabbed Tempest by the arm and inserted her mana into Tempest’s body.

The invading mana was like a tidal wave crashing against the shore, strong and relentless, without an ounce of compassion. As soon as the mana pierces her bones, the mana was retracted.

“You are a 13-year-old girl.” Dumber pronounced with disbelief. One after another, the others inserted their powers into Tempest’s body, reading her age. One after another, the women gasp in astonishment.

Tempest is 13 years old.

They couldn’t believe it, yet they all test the little girl themselves.

“We’re sorry. We thought-

“You didn’t think.” Tempest cut in, giving them no quarter. Tempest hated these righteous fools the most. “You saw what you wanted to see and without investigating the situation, you label me as a slut and a whore. You nothing more than scheming women putting on a righteous mask; foolish hypocrite who revels in this their stupidity. I’m done here. Let’s go Cardis.”

“Wait. Please hear our explanation.”

“No. I don’t need to hear anything. As you make up your mind about me, I’ve made up my mind about you. I was never given the chance to explain. You won’t have the chance either.” Tempest grabbed onto Cardis’ back. “Let’s go. I really don’t want to deal with your sins anymore Cardis.”

With a final look of disgust, Cardis flew away.

31